Anxiety Community
Health Anxiety is taking over my life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Health Anxiety is taking over my life

Please help me. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I am super stressed all the time because I just know that something is wrong with me but the doctors won't take me seriously because everyone just labels my symptoms as anxiety. But I think it's something more so I spend all my time googling symptoms or stalking health boards for MS or brain tumors or something because I just know there's got to be something real going on for me to be feeling like this all the time.

My main complaints at the moment are this feeling like someone is shaking my head, like internal tremors, or something. It feels like something bad is about to happen, but then it never does. Does anyone else ever experience this? I also am really fatigued, so tired that I just want to sleep all day.

I have had many tests and seen many specialists from neurologists to cardiologists and they all think it's anxiety, but I think they're not listening. Could this really all be anxiety?
I have nausea alot and thought it was something serious and still do at times. But the drs tests have all come back negative except for elevated liver enzymes which come up and down. This has caused me to develop Anxiety because I don't know what's wrong with me or when Im going to feel unwell. I was put on Avanza which caused worse anxiety and now Im on Prozac and have been for 4 wks but am still anxious and nausious on and off. So Im in the same boat as you. is it anxiety or something else?
Believe you me, been there. It really is just anxiety. Think about it, you went from doctor to doctor, got all your tests done, everything's basically ruled out. In all rationality, what else could it possibly be? This is your anxious mind getting the best of you. It doesn't have to. It really is all in your hands. Are you by any chance doing something in your life that keeps you occupied and are actually enjoying yourself? because I suggest you do if you aren't as an idle mind will get crammed in with negative thoughts because there's nothing productive going on around you to make you feel capable on the inside. It's a matter of embracing your anxiety, and learning how to overcome it, and once you're aware of that it's a piece of cake. I really do wish you all the best. I assure you that you have nothing life-threatening. There was a time I thought I'd have a tumor and kept thinking I needed to get a bunch of MRI scans done, that the doctors were just getting it all wrong. But then I came to terms to looking at it logically. It's a learning curve. I'm sure you'll get there. I'll have you know, "Anxiety" isn't a condition or something you need to fear. It's simply thoughts and how they contribute to behavioral patterns, including physiological symptoms.

I hope you feel better. You're going to be just fine.

God bless you. And if you ever need to talk, feel free to ask for my contact.
Also, if you're going to google anything, I'd suggest you look up stuff on how to cope with anxiousness. You'll find a lot of helpful websites and you'll know that it's not just you. We all deal with stress, it depends how far we let it get. Some of us are more sensitive than others, but it doesn't mean it can't be worked on or that it's not reversible, because it so is.

Good luck, once again.
I have so been where you are. It was the lowest point of my life. I was so convinced that I was dying that I was afraid to be alone with my child for fear that I would die and he would be unattended. If you have been checked by specialists, and cleared, please see about treating your anxiety. The best advice I can give is that if you start being treated for anxiety and your physical symptoms go away, then you will know that anxiety was the root cause of it all. That is what happened to me...I had probably 50 different physical symptoms, from brain "zaps", to shortness of breath, muscle aches, chest pains, confusion, panic attacks, you name it. Within a month or so of being treated, all my symptoms went away.

You don't have to suffer! I wish someone would have told me that so that I didn't go through it for months. I spent at least 10 hours a day searching the internet and convincing myself that I had heart problems. Please see someone to be treated for your anxiety. If you are treated and symptoms do not go away, then you will know it's time to look into other possibilities. But I believe, since you have been cleared by so many doctors, that your symptoms are from your anxiety.

Also-DO NOT GOOGLE! It is the worst thing you can do for anxiety!! If you want to be on the internet, go to www.anxietycentre.org to read a long list of physical symptoms of anxiety. I bet that you will find that you have many of the symptoms.

Best of luck!
Oh, and I want to add...at my lowest point I didn't think I would ever smile again or be able to make plans for the future because I was so sure that I was dying. I didn't think I would ever feel "normal" again, but I want you to know that I am okay today! Actually, really good most days! I hardly think of my health anxiety and when I do, I am usually able to calm myself down pretty quickly.

You are going to be okay, and you will go back to "normal".
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on photo