Anxiety Community
Health Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Health Anxiety

Hey There,

Would just like to start out my saying how helpful this Website has been for me...

18 years old and have always been very healthy, no injuries, no sickness, etc. I'm a White Canadian Male...

Anyways i've been suffering from this Anxiety for at least 5 years, and the funny thing is it always tends to happen at around the same time of year which I believe is from just reminding myself. I'll go 6 months without even thinking of it and being super happy! Then when that time of year comes around "School, Change, etc" It peaks! Particularly Health Anxiety, i always think i have something wrong with me! Whether it be a Cancer or Disease, and it's starting to effect the people around me. My parents always say how ridiculous it is for me to be thinking or acting as if i have something wrong with me.

So not to long ago i went into my Doctors office and he suggested for me to get a Full Blood Check done, he said that i hadn't had it done in a while and he would check for everything... I'm not exactly sure what that meant but everything came back perfect he said which was good to hear. But right after i went back into thinking i had something serious like Brain Cancer that couldn't be detected in the Blood Tests. I'll have a little headache or my eyes will be super tired and i'll immediately go to something serious!

My Doctor suggested going to see a Psychologist and that being able to talk to someone would help a lot! He mentioned that he had never seen me so worried and anxious then when i was in to speak with him.

My main question being to help settle myself down what are the odds I could have something seriously wrong with me if my blood is perfect urine is perfect, no real symptoms of anything aside from this anxiety, and i get my eyes checked frequently (only been a year).

Also do you think it would be best for me to go see someone about the anxiety?

Would like to hear your opinion..

Thank you for taking the time to read this over
Takata Airbag Recall: Is Your Car O...
57 mins ago by gymdandee
TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on Des92's status
1 hr ago