Anxiety Community
Health anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Health anxiety

Hey I'm 18 and suffer from health anxiety I'm just wondering if there's anyone in the same boat and would like to talk I really feel like I need to talk to someone who is going through the same thing
I also get really weird feelings in my head and recently at night before I go to sleep it feels like I can't breath :( it really does scare me
Hey there. Feel free to talk to me. Health anxiety is what I have had for about 12 years?? Comes and goes of course but gosh it's awful isnt it?? What sparks my health anxiety is when I have reoccuring pain in the same spot over and over. I always assume the worse anything goes wrong or feels weird. I don't just assume but I KNOW FOR SURE. Then I go to the doctor and I'm fine.  Also, anxiety can mess with our breathing!  Anyways, I'm here to talk and so are many others
What sparks with me is when I see something on tv or just if I feel werid I think there's something wrong, it really is the worse thing ever
Ive suffered from anxiety my entire life; i started having panic attacks in fourth grade; my anxiety is always health related. I always think im dying or I have the latest disease. I can hear about a disease and think I have it; I am an RN so I see alot of diseases and then go home and think I have it. I have spent alot of my life miserable, worrying and afraid.  Most recently I convinced myself I have multiple sclerosis (MS) after experiencing numbness, tingling, weakness in my leg, muscle spasms, facial paralysis (partial) and visual disturbances, all of which are signs of MS and spent three of the most miserable months of my life looking at my future in a wheelchair, going from doctor to doctor trying to find out what was wrong with me. HAd a ton of work up done including MRIs and a SPINAL TAP!! Turns out ALL of my symptoms, including the weakness and facial paralysis can be caused by anxiety!!! I was actually giving myself MS like symptoms because of anxiety!!! that was such a wake up call to me !! so no I have not changed overnight but I refuse to let my anxiety ruin my life! I have spent way to much of my life worrying, thinking about death, worrying about death!! I am 28 years old, just got married!! There is so much greatness in the world! WE need to stop worrying! When I get nervous at work, or something goes numb (still happening) or I have a visual disturbance (black spots, half second where it seems like Im losing consciouisness) I try to think of something funny to take my mind off it, even it its something I saw recently on tv, ANYTHING to make me relax. Anxiety is not going to go away overnight but I am not going to let it defeat me. I started doing arts and crafts again, learned how to sew, started reading again, planned a trip out east, started cooking, started enjoying life!! Its up to us to take our lives back!  Good luck and start making it happen!!!
I also thought I had MS before but I went to the doctor and it is just anxiety, I'm starting to take me life back :)
Hi guys. I am 32 years old, female. I just signed up today and seriously need people like you guys going through similar things! Recently my brain has been wrapped around ALS and I am getting all these weird symptoms. At first it was twitching and now it is constant mucus in my throat, excess saliva and a feeling of swallowing wrong and needing to cough to clear it. Also my mouth feels weird and I have been unintentionally biting my tongue when I talk/eat, and sometimes when I am going to sleep, it's the side of my tongue that this is happening. tightness and burning feelings in my face and throat. It has taken over my life and I have been so worried. Not much of a appetite at all and hard to eat, which is so not my usual. It is hard to be happy when I am always thinking there is something wrong. Have you guys had similar symptoms? Thanks for any help!
i always have strong worries of having a seizure even tho he dr's have told me im okay and ive had eeg and everything came back fine. its so debilitating and stops me from doing everyday stuff aswell as my anxxiety symptoms which are hard. i kow what its like
I also just get twitchy and burning feelings in my head but if you just say to yourself this is just anxiety it will eventually go away
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
LovemyKids86 . Comment