Anxiety Community
Heart Racing and shoulder and neck pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart Racing and shoulder and neck pain

In my previous post I had talked about having some serious acid reflux problems making me worry about my heart. It can be found here: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/Anxiety-and-GERD/show/1164562?personal_page_id=1034556&post_id=post_5338105

For about a week or more now I've layed off the sodas and have been trying to eat more healthy. I've cut out fast food totally and been trying to make healthier foods to eat. I've been drinking nothing but water...

For the past 5 days or so atleast once a day I've been having heart palpitations, my heart racing pretty fast and some pain in the back of my shoulders and neck. I haven't experienced any chest pain or discomfort like I was before besides an occasional gurgle or two which is down significantly from the episodes I've had before. During a couple of these episodes I've experienced a light burning sensation in my upper left chest area closer to my left shoulder.

I've been having some pretty bad panic attacks worrying about having a heart attack. During these attacks I start to think that my heart is going to stop beating and I get really figgedy and lightheaded and began to breathe abnormally. To give some background on the meds I'm taking, I'm on 150mg Zoloft, 50mg HCTZ (for HBP), and I believe it's .50mg of Xanax when needed (also I am a smoker). The xanax usually helps to alleviate my heart from racing but I'm still having either left shoulder and neck pain or a tingling in my left shoulder reaching down to my elbow a while after the attacks. I called the doctor today and I'm supposed to be seen tomorrow later in the afternoon.

I'm just getting so worried that I'm having heart problems. Has anyone else with anxiety experienced this and could this possibly be a combination of caffeine withdrawal and my anxiety?