Anxiety Community
Heart palpitations that come on suddenly

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have been suffering from general anxiety for years.  I have had a bad bout of it over the last 6 months but I have greatly improved over the last couple of months.  Main problems, feel like cant breathe, tight throat feeling of being strangled and feeling faint.  However, I have felt that I have been getting a grip on it without medication.  But now i have these palpitations that come and go,  I am so worried that the worry of getting these will get me back in the same old anxiety spiral!!!!  I had a heart scan a few months ago and all was normal??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! : (
My original anxiety came from heart concerns.  I still feel every bump, palpatation, pain, etc, but realize that they are harmless because of what my docs/tests have said.  You can take comfort in the fact that your tests had good results.

In my experience, anxiety can come and go and we do have short term setbacks.  Remember to focus on your long term progress.  You said that you have been moving foward which is GREAT....but remember you will have setbacks as you will with any challenge you face in life.

Throughout all of this, have you had access to a therapist?  I find just by talking to counselor, even once in awhile, can remind one about this cycle of thinking and really help with coping with the stress...keep us posted!
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
7 hrs ago by gymdandee
123tushar07 commented on When will things get ...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms