Anxiety Community
Heat intolerance without sweating + chronic headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have that strong headache non stop since more than 2 months now, in the past I had it only at night but now I have it as soon as i'm awake in the morning until I fall asleep at night.  

The pain is always at the same place, on the forehead, behind the head and stronger on both temples on my head upper my ears, sometimes the pain is only on one side but most of the time it's on the two sides of the head. Sometimes the pain is like a dull pain but can be also throbbing (but I dont have usual migraine symptoms since I dont have nausea or any other issues with the headache), the pain increase with exercise and I have eyes pain all time. I had eyes examination and my eyes and vision are ok.

I will see a Neuro Doc but not until the end of October, who seem to be FAR away from now.

For now I take some tylenols and at night I take a low dose of Ibuprofen or Naproxen but that's not helping me a lot, the pain dont decrease a lot on a scale of 10, 10 being the stronger pain, i'm usually at 8.5 to 10/10 and when I take a low dose of a NSAID's the pain decrease to 7.5-8/10. Applying an ice pad on my neck reduce the pain but it's not lasting a long time. Taking a stronger dose of Ibuprofen (more than 200 mg) or Naproxen (250 mg) will give tachycardia and LOWER my blood pressure and even make me feel dizzy and almost faint. Normally all the NSAID's increase the blood pressure, not lowering it!!! My dose of Tylenol are not more than 500 mg a day because I remember that the first Neuro Doc I had back in 2010 told me that it was the worse pain medication to give rebound headache. Of course I try to not take pain meds everyday and I can skip some day, but the headache dont stop or change, always the same pattern and always that same pain when I touch the scalp of my head upper my both ears.  I also have jaw pain... who make me think it's related to the tension or tension headache who dont answer to normal pain medication.

Another BIG problem is the heat intolerance. It's the first time I can't stand the heat and humidity at summer time. As soon as we have bright sun with heat and a lot of humidity I can't go out of the house. If I go out of the house under the sun with some protection like sunglasses and a hats, I will feel dizzy, my heart will start racing, my blood pressure will drop and I can faint (that happen once), also my headache is stronger after a 10 min exposure to the sun, who make me feel more miserable.  

I don't sweat and that's what is making me a lot worried. My face turn red, same for my ears, my hands are both red and wet same for my feet but I don't sweat from anywhere on my body, it's like my internal temp is increasing and my body can't cooling by itself. The only time I will sweat is once in a while when i'm asleep in the middle of the night.

I had blood tests done recently and everything is normal, not thyroid problem who can explain the heat intolerance.

Why I can't stand the heat anymore? I have to stay in the house  with the air conditioning on all the time and always carry with me an ice pack to put on my head for the headache or when I have absolutely to go out when it's hot and humid.

Also, as soon as the sun is going down in the evening, I start having gossebumps and feel like it's very cold but the other peoples with me say it's hot. I feel like my body dont have normal reaction and dont know why.  

I'm tired of the whole situation, I know that anxiety can give all the symptoms who exist in the world but to this point? I'm not sure it's only anxiety...

Thanks for any kind of answer or help ;-)
charlesdee is ... Comment
24 mins ago
JGF25, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
30 mins ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...