Anxiety Community
Heavy head feeling, abdominal pain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Heavy head feeling, abdominal pain.

Ok so it all started one day. I was really stressed and depressed for a few days and i developed this annoying back pain and abdominal pain. After panicing what could that be, it went away in about week and a half. I was also to the doctor and he said i'm fine.

When the back pain disappeared, i suddenly got this weird head pressure feeling from sides of the head, that really annoyed me. 3 days after i went to the doctor again, he did the physical exam, blood test and urine test. everything was fine and i went home. Still panicing what i might have, the pressure was constant from morning till evening. I also noticed soreness on my temporalis muscles.

After 2 weeks, all of a sudden, it went away, my sides were no longer under pressure. But what developed then, was this weird feeling in my head... hard to describe. Sort of feels heavy and light at the same time, sometimes i feel like im spaced out.. It is also accompanied by  mild abdominal pain, which is not constant.. but usually shows up in the afternoon and stays there till i go to bed. I noticed a swollen lymoh (lymph) node on the back of my head(left). It is about 1 cm in size, maybe a bit smaller, moveable and painless. it was painfull about 2 weeks ago though. I also got some soreness in my throat. Sometimes i have some problems concentrating on my vision...

I keep panicing what i have.. about brain tumors and so on.. and i think it is probably all caused by anxiety.. just cant get rid of thinking about what more serious it could be.

Oh, also when i excercise, i feel like having some trouble breathing, and i always forget about that head feeling when im excercising. But then it all comes back...

Suggestions?

andy, 17 y. old
Hi Andy.  Exercise is excellent for anxiety and this is why you don't get the head feelings while doing this. It sounds like the lump is improving, but have your doctor check it out. What is very important is that you "accept" when the doctors tell you that you're fine.  If you don't learn how to do this now, you will forever obcess about your health and something being wrong. Always looking for another symptom that may be a sign that soemthing more serious is wrong, when you're fine.  It's a miserable way to live and makes it very difficult to enjoy your life.  Talk to your parents about getting into therapy to learn how to no longer do this. We hear from a lot of teens going through the same thing, so know you're not alone, and there is help.  It's always good to remain pro-active with your  health, get yearly check-ups and accept when they say you're fine. Exercising shows you that when you have other things to do, you feel better.  Concentrate on school, extra-curricular activies, hanging out with friends, doing things you truly enjoy to keep your mind off of this. Sometimes this is easier said than done, so don't hesitate to talk to your parents about therapy, it will be very helpful! You should be enjoying your life not worrying it away! I wish you all the best and take care.
Lupefiasco22 commented on Salivary gland disord...
21 mins ago
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
1 hr ago
scared_dad commented on Why You Might Have A ...