Anxiety Community
Heavy head feeling and eye focusing problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hie, for the past 2 weeks i have had this heavy headed feeling, sometimes at the back of my head, sometimes it feels like the whole head. The feeling will be there constantly. Throughout the day, sometimes i feel throbbing pain at both sides of my temple. Apart from that, my eyes focus seems to be getting weird - don't really know how to explain the feeling, but it feels like my focus expands and then shrinks. My eyes also feels tired easily since this whole episode started. Before this happens, i've had a few other worries regarding my health, and hav been getting up several hours before i am suppose to be up. I have done a renal blood test (the doctor thought i might be anaemic) and a CT scan, both of which came back negative. I've been asked to go to an eye doctor instead. Should i be worried about brain tumour?
Tags: head, Anxiety, eyes
It can definitely be all due to anxiety.  I had similar symptoms as you.  I went to ears nose and throat doctors and to eye doctors (to look for the tumor that I thought was there...it wasn't..thank God) and Neurologists.  I had CAT scans on my head and even begged my doctor to give me an MRI!  (Took a while to find a doctor who would approve this!) IT WAS ALL DO TO DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY.....I truly believed that it was physical and it wasn't.

Now for my advice, go to the eye doctor, check your vision, ask for a CAT scan if you are truly worried and then when all is fine, get to a psychiatrist or psychologist and get evaluated!

Sounds like you are one of us!!!  Best to you and keep us posted!
Hello, thanks for sharing your experiences. I had done the CT/CAT scan prior to my previous posting. The specialist confirmed it was normal and had also checked my eyes. Yesterday i went to an optometrist to check my vision. My vision power has not increased though. Don't know i should beg my doctor for an MRI just to confirm things out. Like suzi, i too am afraid of any tumours that could be there. But then again, it might be the anxiety playing it's trick on me because although i don't really feel stressed and anxious, but my head is constantly thinking of worst case scenarios that could happen to me ie having tumours etc. Another possible cause of all these symptoms (according to the optometrist) is that my eyes are tired possibly due to the lack of sleep and nutrion. Using the computer for a long period of time daily does not help the condition either. So i am going to try to cut down on my computer usage, start using my specs often, and just try to relax and not worry too much. Hope it will all turn out alright.

Thanks for sharing again.
If you have been diagnosed with anxiety (or self diagnosed), all these physical symptoms you are having are possible. Anxiety, I now know can cause very real physical symptoms. I have had the heavy headed/dizzy feeling for 4 months. When my anxiety subsides, guess what ? ... so does the heavy headedness. It takes awhile (and many doctors visits) before one finally faces the reality that it could be anxiety and not a major illness causing these scary, frustrating symptoms. You want to "blame" something ! I am still in the process of getting better. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Trust me...the CAT scan is all you need....I was just being a total nut case so they did it to pacify me.  If they thought they needed to do more testing, it would have been done.  CAT scans cover like 95-99% of the brain..MRI's are used to get a closer look at a potential problem which you OBVIOUSLY don't have.  IF WE CAN JUST MAKE OUR BRAINS BELIEVE A LOGICAL THOUGHT!!!  Best to you.
lol... yeah, if only we could make our brains to believe in the logical thought! Unfortunately, my brain still have not grasped this thought.  Best of luck to you too and thanks once again ;)
I am in recovery from anxiety and have had the same similar feelings not too long ago.  It has been part of my anxiety.  I knew quite a bit of information about anxiety but never knew I could experience this heavy head syndrome, as I call it.  I had no headaches, it just felt like pressure in my head or my head was swelling and about to explode and focusing was terrible when in fact my head was still the same size.  I felt like my eyes were wondering when they obviously weren't.  What is happening is tension is building up from stress around that area.  Just like someone lifting and straining their lower back muscles, your tension and strain is surrounding your head, neck and shoulders.  Take a look in the mirror or catch yourself when your going about your daily life, is your shoulder tensed up high and not relaxed, or are you clenching your teeth unknowingly.  I did both!  

I stretched my jaw, pulled back my shoulders for a stretch a few times a day and scheduled myself for a 30 minute back, shoulder, neck and head massage followed by a relaxing bath and long sleep.  I woke up refreshed and alleviated my heavy head syndrome.  Periodically I catch myself tensing up and when I do, I force myself to go a little limp. For example, I catch myself sitting upright as I type this blog, now I'm correcting myself to lay back as I type.

Hope that helps =)
Hi i wanted to share some symptoms with you to see if anyone can relate. About 4 weeks ago I was told I had Vertigo as at different parts of the day I had a very heavy pulling on my face and my body, I felt dizzy and disorentaited. They told me to take anti dizzy/nausea pills and this continued for the next 3 weeks- they said that I might have severe vertigo which lasts up to 8 weeks. I am prone to suffer from anxiety and recenlty things have been difficult in my life though I never expected to have such PHYSICAL symptoms. I had my MRI yesturday which thank god was normal and my blood tests results will be ready on Friday though I want to know if anyone feels the following at different times of the day: Very heavy pulling feeling on the face and the body tension in the head, very heavy head, blocked ears, slightly unclear when reading, and very tired during normal hours of the day. Can this really all be down to anxiety and if so how can I rid of this I am not one to stay at home.??
I have the same feelings from time to time, one day i can be feeling fine and the next day all dizzy thick headed and just not myself.......  It all started when my heart raced one evening, then like you do, you start reading things in the internet as to what it could be.....  My symptons were exactly the symptoms for panic attacks, but since then ive had left leg pains around the knee, and vision problems......  im going to get checked out today to see if my heart is ticking like it should be.  oh my blood pressure is also slightly high, but anxiety can also make it high.  Anxiety is a big player in most cases, if you have a normal healthy diet in your life and excerise, im on the move all the time with my kids and things, and eat ok, cant understand sometimes what causes the odd moments where my body feels heavy like lead, and i wake up with heavy eyes...  anyway just thought id say this, will keep you up to date with results.....
Hello i am only a 19 year old male and have been suffering very very similar conditions for about 4 to 5 weeks now. I started ti get very bad migranes (migraines) with vision loss about once evey week for 3 weeks which was brand new. THe migranes (migraines) with vision looss went away adn 2 days later i felt out of it all the time. My vision was off like very fast and out of my body. I went to get eyes checked nothing wrong.  Soon after i would get consistant head aches all the time.  The headaches differ depending on the time. Laying down and standing its all different. CT scan negative as well. I also have been experiecne extreme body weakness and waking up out of breath very scary. I have MRI soon and hopefully there will be nothing there. Let me know if any1 had any results with the same symptoms

I've been through every test imaginable and everything is "Normal".  I have the same type of symptoms.  Thick head, vertigo, sometimes depth perception is off, sometimes thing apear to shrink or colors change, I will get "split screen", where both eyes see a little different.  I've had heart palpatations, stroke like symptoms (numbness in face, slurred speech).  Clumsiness, falling, dropping things...all due to numbness.

I've had head CT, MRI with contrast, EKGs, EEGs, Seizure monitoring, stress tests, blood work upon blood work,

First it was stroke, then migraines, then MS, then seizures.  It's anxiety.

It's okay to make sure your body is "ok".   But sometimes you can get addicted to tests.  Get help for anxiety at the same time you are ruling other things out

Good Luck
Good morning to all of you.

I just wanted to also share and comiserate.  For those of you who are new to anxiety/depression....the symptoms you explain are CLASSIC.  The vision ones are VERY frustrating, and you feel that there really IS something a miss with your vision.  Been there, done that.

The symptoms range anywhere from feeling like you are watching a movie (feeling of "unreality"), to that one-sided vision, where it feels that both eyes are seeing differently, as another poster mentioned above.

Good thing, is it doesn't last forever, bad thing...is it sometimes takes a while to resolve.

I would advise anyone with these types of symptoms, to HAVE a medical work-up....ONE...it helps rule out anything phsical, and TWO...it tends to reassure you at least a LITTLE bit.

The SSRI's when they start kicking in, usually do wonders for those types of symptoms, at least in my experience they have.

Good luck to you all....I wish you peaceful days ahead.
I've had anxiety for the past 4 years. It is not something that you can just get over. It controls alot of your life. Anxiety has many variations and intensities. Sometimes I have anxiety where I'm just uneasy feeling. However, the other times are much stronger. Sometimes full blown panic. My eyes bother me alot with my anxiety. From being light sensitive in department stores to being unable to focus my eyes to even being extremely dizzy. It does freak you out...but the thing to keep in mind is that if all else has been ruled out... then those symptoms are just part of your anxiety disorder. It doesn't make it any better, but its nice to know that its not a tumor or something more deadly.

I'm on lexapro, which helps out some, but I keep valerian root with me at all times... for the stronger panic attacks. It really helps relax a bit.

Try your best to stay busy and keep your mind off of it and exercise. That seems to help more than anything...oh and a good night's sleep.

If you need to discuss it...feel free to contact me. It seems to help having people who understand what you are going through.
***@****

Good Luck.
Hello all, I am a 19 year old male suffering from alot of the same sypmtoms that everyone else is, I was even experiencing chest pains and pressure along with vision blurr and heavy headedness feelings, I went in to the er cause it thought something horrible was happening to me but all the blood/chest x-ray/ekg where normal, I saw an eye doctor about my eyes saying I had the symptoms of early near sightedness but nothing else I was beginning to see ghost images and glare from lights in dim lit and dark areas. Anxiety really controls my life for a long section of the year or every other year ever since i was a freshman in highschool i've been having symptoms like this...hope everyone out there who suffers from the same things we do really has people there to help and love them and just remember to   be relaxed and that everything can be helped.
Hello, 22 YOM
I was just looking on the net for answers to why i am dizzy all the time and have pulling on my face and throught.  I have been reading alot about it and it does sound like i have anxiety problem again.  I have had panic attacks my whole life and until about tfour years ago they went untreated.  Symptoms do sem to pop up every other year or so and just wanted to see if anyone else has had these symptoms.  (PS)no longer on paxil. thanks -Patton-

Dizzy when walking
Not feeling like myself
Always feels like i need to swallow
ear aches
Heavy head all the time
I guess its vertigo but when i stand still and look up or at the ground it looks like it is moving.
Eye seperation where one seems to over power the other in vision.  
and more.

I Have a psyc appointment next week but just want a little comfort until then.  Anyone have any Clue.
I have been panicing for a couple of weeks as i thort that i had some kind of tumor then all sorts of things started poping up on tv that made it worse. i went to the doctor and told him that i have had headaches dizzy spells and now its full on dizzy and my eyes dont focus at all when i look far away. Is this anxiety
Check out the posts others have made about their experiences...you may even want to start a seperate thread so your doesn't get lost in the mix.  The eye thing may be related to derealization...check out the thread I started today about that.

Sounds like anxiety to me....why not start a thread, share a bit more if you are  comfortable in doing so...and we'll support you....you can learn a lot from others.

Gald you found your way here!
Anxiety can be one of the scariest feelings... I still suffer from it but i am in the process of finding someone who can help. All of these symptoms such as pulling sensations in the head or head pains, body pains, racing heart, etc. are all feelings of anxiety. IF you feel that your pains or sensations are affecting your lifestyle and they change who you are and where you go because you are scared then you need help. Anxiety and panic attacks are hard to deal with especailly if you don't know what is happening to your body. Reading up on it on the internet and stuff can help, it helps me, meditation and learning certain breathing techniques also help me. I try not to take medication because i believe everything can be fixed without it. Just know if you are dealing with anxiety there are so many other people who go through the same thing...try not to think the worst, try to get yourself out of this panic mode, the truth is you will come out alive. That is my biggest fear when i have an attack is that im dying...then i breath and i think about it for a second and im ok. Your mind is a crazy thing and it can be so powerful, it can alarm your body without anything even happening to you, but just remember to breath and everything will be ok. Its awesome to know that other people understand what im going through because people who don't have anxiety just don't understand the fear that the brain causes. Keep posting it is good to read other stories, and try to rid and deal with the stress you have in your life it WILL help!
I experienced all the symptoms mentioned above.  Pressure in my head, neck and face.  My head, neck, and shoulder is heavy. Something like my face is numb.  I don't understand.  But i do not take medication.  My bp is up. I can hear some annoying noise from my ear.  I can see ghost shadows. I am undergoing divorce and no job right now, so i figure it out that it is stress and anxiety related.  I am sad about this.  I am in my 30s.  Thank you for all your post.  

Boy, these are the same things I am experiencing. I was just walking down the hall at work and had the (now almost normal) pressure in my head, my vision seemed wierd and had a little dizziness, not enough to think I will fall but enough to know it's not normal. I've hard heart palpations for a quite a few months and many times a feeling of my throat closing. I usually don't sleep through the night very well either. So I feel I too am have anxiety/panic attacks. My doctor has had me on Beta blockers for a couple of months now and I really don't know if these are helping. I just don't feel like myself and realy want to get back to normal. I am a 43 year old Male with a great wife and two kids.

Now the big question: What helps? I've read all the symptoms people have, but what have people had done to relieve the symptoms?

Hi there,
I have the same heavy head and vision problems, and I also have the health issues, IM terrified, but you have had the cat scan if there was anything wrong it would have showed up, I know in the u.s you have to pay for your visits to the e.r and for all your scans and treatments but I was amazed at how fast you can get them and the results that must be reasurring? Hear in england although we pay our money to the heath service it is so hard to get help, I have asked 7 doctors for a brain scan and all have refused even when I said I would pay for it myself,
sorry for going on a bit but be happy and try not to get worked up, but I do have the same heavy head and eyes they say ANXIETY?
take care
janis.
hi there same thing constant head and eye pain and rushing sound in my left ear it drives me mad scares me to death had mri but refused cta said its health related anxiety asa ativan says hard to get scans here as were an nhs system i even waljed into our a/e with cash for them to scan me was that scared didnt wk they said i need councilling your symtoms (symptoms) fit classic anxiety  hun if tests r clear your ok take care now
Everything is posted I have. the head, dizzy heavy feeling in the eyes and I think sometimes I`m going to dy due to a fatal health problem. All this is Stress and Anxiety. I had several Blood tests and all came negative, I also had an MRI and I had nothing. I still get this symtoms (symptoms) and Now I know I Stress and Anxiety.

Someone told me to fight it with Vitam. C, Bannana (Potassium) Protein, lots of water and the favorite Gym 30 minutes a day and 7 or 8 hours of good sliip
Hi i am a 19 year ol female and all these symptoms feel like they control my life..i have had hundred of trips to the er. thw thing is i know its the anxiety but i just cant help it. i thought i had high blood pressure from the dizziness and disorientation...everthing was fine. but i just getr the feeling that something is wrong. im always thinking about the worst thing that could possibly happen to anyone and i worry uncontrollably.i dont sleep at night and during the day i pay for it.the heavy head and tensness i have it all.sometimes i catch myself and other times i cant. my family thinks im litterally crazy.... one little thing happens and im bouncing of the walls.i feel like the world weight is on my shoulder and stress about everything. my mind runs going 90 to nothing AND I NEED HELP:(. ** if anyone has any advice anything that you think would help .PLEASE EMAIL ME. WWW.***@**** this is really enough of me ot having control of the matter!!!
hey nikki ann, just wanted to reassure you a bit more that it's not a tumor. i have had severe anxiety issues now for a while and have had the same symptoms. I've even had the same worries about a brain tumor, but i researched it and the symptoms for a brain tumor are very severe and you would definetely know for sure. You should look it up too because it's reassuring when you read what they cause and realize that it's not happening to you.
I have anxiety and mild depresssion.  I had the racy thoughts, band around my head, and "Brain Fog". Dr. put me on lexapro, but made me nervess and had the jitters and made me feel sad sometimes and now I'm on 15 buspar twice a day, but still have Brain Fog and worse when I get upset or nervess or overthinking.  My face and eyes  feels numb too.  Used to feel clear headed after a walk but still have the "Brain Fog".  Does anyone else feel this too??? Dr wants me to try lorezepan, but may be additing and zolfot.  Not sure what to do.  
SSRI's all affect you differently.  Even though Lexapro didn't work there are others that may. Lorazepam is a fast acting benzo and works great at the onset of a panic attack.  Not the best benzo if you may need it long term or for generalized anxiety.  Klonopin or Valium may be better choices. They are longer acting and prevent anxiety without the quicker tolerance issues.
Hi everyone. The heavy head and the vision thing (that i could never explain) happen to me too sometimes. It seems like I´m getting stupid.... I can´t think, I cant concentrate. It´s like my brain is submerged in a heavy, sticky jelly, and everything is really slow.
After reading these posts, something crossed my mind. I have MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE and I´ve done some research and I found out that this condition is for some reason (the scientists don´t really know why or how) related to anxiety. Now i´m thinking that these symptoms may be related to this condition. So you might want to check this out with a cardiologist. If anyone wants to know more about this condition e-mail me at joaquim.***@****
hey people i just read all your things! i am one of you and i know all your symptoms! all of u that have written here have had a stressed situation and maybe that situation "have put" your life at risk ! lol! its not like that brothers! It has pass about one year that i had a cannabis cigarette and make me feel like i would be dead and i would go crazy! it was just a panic attac. but i did not believe that so i went to a hundred doctors with a lot of symptoms and they just wanted to make me to beleive that my health was perfect! but no... i was afraid having any tumor or being schizophrenic cause they were making me mad! browsing the net was my only illness lol! i read  a lot on net and i believed that i had a hundred illnesses and so i was in total panic! i could not focus my eyes and i focused in a littttttle thing and i was just continuing seeing there, i have (in this moment) dizziness, tinitus, headache and i have thought that these are the symptoms of a tumor! but i didnt no take any cat or mri! once i was browsing ans normaly the google lol! i just found a thoughts illness that was called HYPERCHONDRIASIS i do not know if u know this but i will explain in a few words! it just a worry about your health that makes u thnk that u have a serious illness and you would die but nooooooooo people! all u people that has these syptoms (symptoms) about 6 months and continue to worry do not panic cause it just that kind of hyperchondriasis ( damn it when it is born lol). and do u know what is the real risk of this hyperchondriasis? just your money goes away from you and u spend a lot in your docs and in those laboratory! i am from albania in southeast of europe and this has take a lot money from me and now i am happy in knowing that i have not to worry anymore! just life your life brothers! and smth else. whenever ur thoughs controls you u have to say with yourself or with loud just "stoppppppppppppppppp" that makes me feel good! so do not panic! b happy brothers and i think that u are happy that in this world there is someone that suffers from the same syptoms (symptoms)! i know that ... lol! best regards
I feel a little better after reading I'm not alone with these weird sensations.  I woke up feeling fine and a couple of hours later I was driving my daughter to a volleyball tournament and started feeling very strange.  I told my husband my eyes were weird when I was driving and I felt really dizzy and my head was heavy.  I tried to continue on with my normal activities only to realize I couldn't.  I closed all of the blinds in the house and laid down eventually falling asleep.  When I woke up I felt a little better until I stood up and got really dizzy again.  Even reading all of these posts is very difficult right now.  If this is a sign of stress and anxiety I guess it would be understadable in my current circumstances.  My mother who I take care of has been in ICU and now in Rehab on a ventilator for a month now.  Yesterday when I went to see her it was horrible.  Her anxiety and distress as well as having a horrible nurse put me over the edge.  I have not been able to feel well enough to go see her today.  She depends on me to come see her daily and help her communicate her needs to others. She says I keep her calm and offer a diversion to her circumstances.  I think I need to slow down a little and give it a few days.  If symptoms persist I will go see the doctor. Over the years I get tired of going and there is never anything wrong, feels like a waste of time and money, so I usually don't go.  Her nurse just called and asked when I was coming.  I feel bad but I just won't be able to make it today I guess.
hi! i dont even know how or where to start, but i really really need help :(... i am 19 yrz old.. and im suffering alot...i've never been this worried in my life before, i feel like i have any kind of serious illnesses.. at the moment am suffering from pressure on the back of my head.. today i went to the gp and asked him 2 refer me 2 a neurologist and he did but it made me even more scared now and i'm really worried..ive had this pressure on the back of my head for about 2 months nw...it increases when i lay my head flat on the pillow.. sometimes when i go out and enjoy myself then it disappeares... when am at home and sleep alot then the pressure increases... its at the back of my head, and nothing to do with pain... and i cant get rid of my negative thoughts... i had a bloodtest which was very normal, i have been to ear nose and throat and tht was normal too.. a week ago i got prescribed glasses im short sighted but i dont think thats what it is... coz am wearing the glasses now and it's still there :(

am really depressed and worried... someone help me please if you've been experiencing something similar.. thanksssss
I can relate to everything everyone is saying, all of your symptoms sounds like my symptoms. I feel like I go through everyday with a headache, or a heavy feeling, my ears bother me, and often times my hearing goes muffled and I get ringing in my ears. I have had an MRI on my head as well and everything came back fine, I went to the ENT and my ears and everything is fine. I have suffered from Anxiety for about a year now and have definitely chocked these feelings up to that, as annoying as it is, if I put too much thought into "what it might be", I will drive myself nuts. With this economy, and the stresses of life in general, my anxiety has certainly become more apparent again!

Best of Luck to you All!
Kristine
Its funny because I have MVP too!! I have terrible anxiety but it just doesnt feel like it could be because i feel so bad. I also have this huge drip in the back of my throat that ive had forever. The heavy neck, head, throat, and jaw... feeling has just kicked in and ive been dizzy alot. I will also have trouble breathing and swallowing its really weird. My arms and legs feel weak and my right arm gets sharp pains and really bad weakness etc. I feel confused, depressed and i have lost my appetite and have dropped a few pounds. I also have heart palpatations every now and then too. i get nervous it could be something more but ive been to the doctor, and the er and have had two full cbc's blood tests, ekg, emg, flu and mono test, strep test,and xrays and all have come out negative. I feel like i have a brain tumor or a heart attack or my breathing will just cut off i feel this lumpy feeling in my neck and neck and shoulder pain. i get terrible migraines and headaches and its hard to beleive its all in my head. If anyone out there has advice plz plz help me. i am extremely active and i have danced forever and just now have stopped so maybe my body not used to the no exercise ive been trying everything and nothing seems to be helping. the last thing i wanna do is be put on medication... i am seeing a phyciatrist person and it helps but once i get back to reality.. it all goes bad. PLZ GIVE ADVICE
i have MVP too i was diagnosed with it this summer... i was on holiday and i dnt know what happened to me i started getting panick attacks, and felt soooo breathless... pressure on my chest... anxious.. terrible days...i was worrying about getting a heartattack.. and since then i havent been completely normal... i keep thinking i have some ungdiagnosed illness.. but now it's to do with my head.. the pressure won't go :( and im thinking the worst.. and i have ringing in my ear too... im only 19 i feel am too young to worry about my health like this but i cant help it.. and my anxiety comes from my symptoms.. when i dont have any symptoms then i feel normal and force myself to forget about the negative thoughts... but i really dont know what to do i feel like im going to live with this and am really suffering! please help if u have any advice thanks
hey i know exactly what ur going through.. I have had multiple tests done too.... blood tests, ekg, eeg, tested for mono, flu, strep, bronchitus (bronchitis), ebv virus, thyroid, xyrays everything and nothing has seemed to convince me this is just anxiety and stress... My vision has just gotten blurry and i would get terrible headaches.. if its not one thing it seems to always be the other.. i ve been really anxious always worried it culd be a tumor or something serious and i always prepare myself for the worst, My advice: get a phycologist or someone to talk to.. it helps soo much because you can get it all out. Im getting an eye exam tomorrow and an mri just to be sure but if all turns out negative, then i know this is just my brain being stupid. everything has turned out negative thus far, i also look back on where the anxiety took me,.... The ER!!! theres a waste of 1000 bucks hahaha. It does feel good knowing and narrowing down what u DONT have... I have every symptom your thinking of and its always another disease i think i have.. first it was lumpy in my neck, then i thought i was getting MS then leukemia anyurism brain tumor heart attack u name it!! im surprised im not in the institution for crazy people haha thats not really funny its kinda scary and im getting all these tests just to appease me and know im fine.. as of right now... i get terrible migraines, blurry eye vision in one eye, random chest pains, dizzy, heavy headed, cold hands and feet almost all the time, heart palpataions, neck and back pain, achey (achy) muscles, tingly head feeling and in arms and legs,.... and guess what.. ITS ALL ANXIETY AND STRESS!! i feel like im dying and this is the end what ive been waiting for and nothing..... all im trying to say is this is nothing to worry about. your brain is the most powerful thing and you have to control your body and not let your brain take control of you it will affect you physically, emotionally, any way u can think and you just have to take a breath and tell yourself this is the anxiety and im not gonna let it take over my life. The worst possible thing that could happen is you could die but your not sooo its anxiety. tell the voice in the back of your head that u have the worst possible disease to back off and take a hike cuz ur not buying it!!! just had to let it all out!! Best wishes and good luck!! and remember your fine!!
thanks i know exactly what ur talking about, with me it started off with my heart, i thought i was gonna have a heartattack, then i thought i had angina or any other serious disease... ive been through alot and now it's my head... i do wanna get a scan done but at the same time im a bit scared :| when u went to visit a neuro how long did it take till they gave u AN MRI?? and was u scared till the results came out.. how long did it take for the results to come out? my neuro appointment is next month... and i feel like this is all long... and btw how did u develop this anxiety issue?? anything serious happend in ur life before or did it just come out of the blue?? its good to see that there's others who are experiencing the same as there's people out there who can understand u... my family think that ive gone crazy literally... and if i tell them i need a psychologist they will think thats it i've lost it... lool.. but i do think i need one.. i dont know if its the same with u... but dont u get over worried as well at times? not just bout health but other things.. u feel palpitations.. coz this is a new thing 2 me as well.. i get over worried bout things.... ahhhhhh.. is this ever gonna go? i wanna go bak 2 my normal self :( and do u socialise with friends & family? i noticed when am out socialising i kinda forget bout my issues and symptoms...dnno if this means anything... argh but anyways thanks and good luck with ur tests let us know about the results taake caare
haha yea my family thinks im a nutcase as well but i would go ahead and talk about a phycologist because it could really help u out ....alot. My anxiety really just came out of the blue when my heart swtarted beating really fast one day and it just started from there. Some of my symptoms have dissapeared but i have numerous headaches which have died down and my vision in my right eye was blurry.. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and nothing could be found because i was worried i had a tumor or something.. they didnt find anything that would make them suspicious that i should get an mri... i wanted one but he thinks there is nothing to worry about.i am always worried it could be serious like all these diseases.. ive been to the er and doctors offices and clinics and have had  numerous tests blood tests, ekgs, eegs, xrays, tested for flu, mono, brochitus, ebc, thyroid everything possible and everything is negative. so that goes to show what a worried mess i am. all of it seems to be anxiety and i have to tell myself that its my brain telling me something is wrong when there really isnt. i do socialize with my family and friends as much as possible because it gets my mind off the anxiety but when im by myself i seem to have an issue with thinking about all the diseases i could have and it ***** ik trust me!! i had to cry myself to sleep thinking i was dying i do get depressed  and have mood swings also. i get shakey (shaky) and i feel this feeling thats unreal like im not even here its soo weird and it comes randomly. idk if you feel this but its anxiety also. so so far everything is negative and im still convinced something is wrong but i have to tell myself otherwise. do you ever feel shakey (shaky) in ur arms and legs??? cuz i get that, heavy head, dizzy, and that unreal feeling.. thnx comment back asap!!!
i find that so annoying when they just wont give u scan... in a way it is reassuring making u think that there's nothing serious going on to have an mri... but at the same time ur still not 100% reassured... and u know what i hate.. is when ur releived from one symptom thinking ye its goin away and ur trying to get back to your normal self.. but then a new one comes up...and same with me my anxiety came from my heart beating fast all of a sudden and pressure on my chest and heavy breathing.. until this day i dont know what caused that happening.. it was while i was on holiday... and i had it constantly for 10 days i spent my time in the hotel in the dr's room.. and since then it began.. and affected me phsyically and emotionally and i couldnt eat for good 5-7 days i was literally forced  to swallow things down and i had the heart scan over there they said my heart is normal and was diagnosed with mvp.. i remember my left arm and legg would go numb and weak..and i felt like i couldnt pick up or lift anything coz it would hurt my heart.. but eventually i got better.. then this head problem came.. and ye i get that heavy headed feeling, but most of the time its on the back of my head just above the neck.. and sometimes the whole head.. the pressure is really uncomortable...sometimes i feel a bit dizzy... and now i feel weird.. there's no pressure at the moment.. bt all of a sudden i feel tht my brain is shaking, i cant describe it.. something dodgy is happening like my head feels weak or shaky.. and thats exactly like me, only time i forget bout my health issues is when am socialising with friends and family... when am  on my own i think of 200 diseases.. and yday i had sharp type of pains in my heart underneath my left chest especially wen i lied down.. and it took time till it went and heart was beating fast i got scared.. sometimes i tell myself that its dehydration :S
i really thought i was the only one like this, how old r u btw? the other day my chair broke and i dropped on my back bt after i gt worried thinking did i hit my head.. and it feels like i did coz wen i touch it it feels as if its been hit then it got me worried of havin a brain tumour for real.. i think ive lost it completely.. and no1 seems to understand exactly what am going through.. and same with me i cried myself to sleep as well before thinking am gnna die loool ahhh... so ur not alone, the question is.. if this is really anxiety, do u think its ever gonna go? are we gonna go back to our normal selves?
take careeee =) and remember... its ur brain, nothing wrong with you
Well pple i m feelin the same problem from 3 years and now that i am 19 years old. It started somehow in a sudden that I started feeling like dizzy heavy head focusing problem etc.it does not go at anytime. it did affect my memory.frm 3 years i have been trying to find out a cure i never had it cured. i had CT scan had lots of antidepressants etc every time i though this will go now. But Nothing helped even then i went to a physcatrist who gave me antidepressants,anxiety pills. i took them for about 3 months but den i found out 0 percent affect. So wut i wil ask u guys are the following questions simplified.
1- r u not having proper sleep at night.
2-when ever u wake up do u always think about ur illness get cured and always get a "No" by yourself
3-Do u guys have a time in a day when for a hour u feel that Ur headache has exceed its limit at that time u feel nothing gud. U dont even think about treating URself, Want every1 to go to hell. A feeling in which U dont have any feeling about any think.Just confusion. and then it goes 1 hour or 2 hour den u had the same type heavy head feeling again and think about it will be alright i have to find a cure ,i have to stay as i am(Note even though Some pple here says that the feeling becomes little when they r busy but by my observation it remains the same but its just a little trick of ur brain that U try to realize it in a low manner)
4-Do u think that there was a time when U were 100 percent right. and u cant even predict a single clue of how ur feeling suddenly changed.
5-Do u think that whenever u visit a doctor or u discussed ur disease to any1 u always failed to tell ur disease symptoms in a way that u r feeling
6-Do u think u feel like a dream world all the time in real life((means not seeing clearly and like that U r not on ur own-( means the same feeling u got on dreams back when u were alright)) and worse than dream in sleeping.
(7-this point does happen to mee for sure donno if it could be related with u)- has u doctor asked u to check u eyesight. IF not then its a must case to do Like other tests U tried. I checked my eyesight i was expecting that it will be alright but believe my I was wrong. i got a little prescription in plus near1.00 and 1.25.But again i have not finished yet
8-  for those u got bad eyesight-dont u feel  that after wearing glasses U feel Like dat its not the main cauz of ur headache and dat U cant see clearly even through it U feels the same feeling again even though if its increasing ur focusing power u got a 0 effect on ur disease(lol for the past three years my dctor has died to convince me to wear glasses  and that it will be cured if u do so for some time. I did the experiment for a month but nothing happened. even now doctor tells me to do so but i feel it waste of time for curing dat problem.

remember people that u wont be curing urself by any of the methods told here like any anxiety problem, depression problem,taking medicines will just take up ur time nd will make u sad by having no result at the end.
So what i came to some conclusion is that U first have to face it and realize that UR like what u r and u will be like that.
ITS just on ur luck that u get the cure of this disease(maybe 1 day god helped US.
but what i came to conclusion for sure is to continue struggling in a way that we will continue our life in a way dat we r born like this.In the same time we will continue our struggle with that approach towards curing the disease.Remember  that We r different and only our power of unity could cure our life.We have to coorporate with each other in this case we have to continue telling the symptoms through this website or through email other.the more we get data to the disease the faster we will be towards cure(IF god helps us).AND the most important think I can pass to U is that the most important and the only  way of getting cure to the disease IS to first make urself sure about what is the symptom-ie where u r feeling pain. what type of pain even if it took a lot of time. den only u can go for the possible treatment.RMMBER U wont get a cure of UR disease TILL u r sure about the detail of ur pain area like where r u feleling headache etc.dat i can gaurantee U for 100%.
if u want to contact me my email address is
       "hassaan_ahmad2000***@****"
plz let me know about the new ideas nd stuff. and remember.Every1 u visit this website keep visiting this website often giviving new suggestiong and new finding. I AGAIN SUGGEST PLZ DONT QUIT THE website as its our only way left>ND DONT LET THE WORLD BRING U DOWN NT EVERY1 here is dat **** tough and cool remember why u came and why u r alive experience the world BIG foot u grow>GOOD LUCK
HEY GUYES HAV A LOOK AT THIS SITE... I WILL HELP U A LOT..

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types_symptoms_treatment.htm
I wouldn't be worried about a brain tumor if they have already done a CT scan. They would have seen it already. I would suggest getting on an excersise program and channeling some of your concern into a healthier lifestyle. This will help you sleep better too. I would also like to add to see someone in a Seventh-day adventist church about their healthier life style. They have great suggestions that will really help you.
Your symptoms sound like labyrinthitis.  Look it up on Google and I will also give you a site online to quickly read. Heavy head, heavy eyes, dizziness, tired, weak feeling...etc. See if you think it describes you. Also, lack of water can cause this feeling too (dehydration) and also lack of iron.
The site is http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/condition_info_details.asp?disease_id=174
I read your comment and thought wow!! I want you to start off by saying that I felt like you once. I know this is a few months old, so I don't know how you feel now, but what you described, I did feel.
14 years ago, I became a Christian. I discovered what my purpose here on earth was, because up till I became a Christian, life on earth seemed to make no sense, especially with all the pain and suffering that always went on. What was life all about anyway? Now I know the point, and this fact alone changed my life. I had a sense of being and knew why I was here. If you are a reader, I would urge you to find a copy of a book called Steps to Christ. It's a small book packed with very good information and it's written by a lady named Ellen White. You can pick up a copy from any Seventh-day adventist church free of charge. The church holds services on Saturdays as they follow the seventh-day Sabbath. They are a bible based church only.
You sound like you are depressed and are experiencing physical symptoms from this. Please remember that what we take into our brains, such as music choice, t.v. choice, etc. affects how we feel.
hi,
Yes anxiety will go away. I want to say the same thing to all of you who are experiencing anxiety...as I did too on the same level.
When we don't know our purpose here on this earth, are anxiety becomes heightened. We need to know our creator! There is a bigger battle going on than all of us put together and we are in the middle of it. The enemy (satan) just feeds off of our anxiety, depression, addictions, etc as he uses these things to keep us focused on ourselves and not the bigger picture. We are part of God's army. "Cast all your cares on Him because he cares for you". 1 peter 5:7. God knows what your experiencing. He knows your pain and your suffering. He knows your thoughts. He knows your needs. God is on trial. We have the ability to choose as God didn't create robots. He is ending this pain very soon after he has proven himself to be just. You are only her but a little while longer and during this time, help spread the good news and help those who have suffered like you, by pointing them to the creator who they can cast their anxiety on. He can take it away from you. READ "Steps to Christ" by Ellen White
I'm sorry if I have come across strong in my beliefs, but what good is it to know the truth about our existence and to know the good news, and not share it. We are called to share the good news and I pray that you all will find peace in knowing the truth and knowing you have a God who loves you and wants to help you.
Its truly amazing that we basically have the same symptoms.  Im 46m ad have had these types of symptoms for past year.  BEfore then - at age 18 -- had other anxiety symptoms - panic attacks - thought i was having a heart attack - thought i had cancer - etc et etc - and every time when i 'lick that ailment' - my head says - 'ok hes not buying it any longer' and goes someplace else.  This time - its the dizziness - headaches - blurry vision - neck pain - depersonalization etc.  My doc - who is a great guy and knows me for a long time said exactly what I said above - its the mind - its 'us' thinking negative thoughts.  YES - something very real brings it on - for me - for this latest episode of daily agony - it was my parents going in and out of the hospital over the past 2 years.  Sometimes life throws us curve balls - and I think we react to things a little differently.  For some - they may get a headache due to the tension and stress of dealing with mom and pop in the hospital - for us - its a headache - then a stomach ache - then maybe IBS - then diziness -- then a viscious cycle for us thinkers - which just gets us down and increases the anxiety.  At that pint your nervous system/muscles and frame of mind is so worn down and your endorphins depleted that it takes a very long time to regain feeling well - and for us - we rarely feel well - because everyday life and our bodies stress us differently...

Ill tell you - exercse helped me immensely a few years ago and im gonna get back on track tomorrow.  Try it.

One question though -- of all the people here - im wondering how many hours you use a computer a day?  Me - over 12 hours a day - its my job - and I get tons of stress from my job AND staring at the computer.  Im very curious if this is causing some of our issues....

Everyone - be well - its a battle - im miserable most days - its been going on for so long - you truly feel like there is something very very wrong with you.  Ive done all the tests - im done with docs and the tests.  Im taking xanax daily - not too much - and it has seemed to help me -- lately though - not so well.  The depersonalization and foggy head - along with vision issues and headaches is driving me crazy...  Computer usage?  I wonder my dear friends, I wonder!

be well!  Dont stop fighting!
Hello...I am so happy to have stumbled on this forum.  I have been having these same symptoms which are very difficult to explain.  The heavy head, inability to focus, tension.  I had blood work done..all good...I had my eyes checked again...all good. So now I'm going for an MRI in 2 weeks...I'm going crazy in the meantime...the same things cross my mind... you know the worst of course.... However, I am trying to focus on the positive.  And...you know until I found you guys... anxiety had never crossed my mind... thank you so much for putting my mind at ease for the time being.
My name is Sandy and I'm 23 years old female. I have weird symptoms. Don't really know if it's my head playing tricks on me but I felt like I was going to passs out. While driving I got scared like really scared my left arm was hurting my hands were sweating and so was my feet, I didn't feel myself at all. I had a really bad pain in my head it was throbbing and for some reason I felt blood around my head it's weird while writing this I feel my head throbbing on both sides of my temple and also the back is weird because is eveywhere pn my head then I start thinking bad stuff n scary stufff, I haven't been tested for cat scan or anything else. What can it be? Someone help!!!
ive suffered anxiety for about a year , the inital time was incredibly scarey i have two beauitful daughters , trying to deal with my family and my head felt very wrong being selfish ! i lost my parents very close together  had much to deal with .i always thought i was a very strong person until my mind let me down .the fuzziness the tiredness anxiety headaches my entire family thnk im nuts !! i always suffer from a very heavy eye feels like ive had a stroke only one ,wierd . have been on various anti depressients but none work had awful time on ventaflaxine dont do it !!!!!
Hi everyone
i need help...i had anxiety for 3-4 yrs..for three years i have been taking xanax...and i stop taking it fior 3-4 month cause i thought i didnt need it anymore.and then i start to get mental fog..like difficulty thinking,speaking,forming thoughts,following conversations..and i have really bad concentration also cant really focus..sometime when im around people i feel like im watching a anime without subtitle...and im afraid that im forgeting how use things..and peoples faces,also feel like im forgeting how to speak english/korean language..all these i think im having xanax withdrawn symptom or it could just be anxiety disorder..but i feel like im getting dumb..and right now im taking buspar..but its not working that well for me..what should i do...PLEASE HELP ME..sorry for really bad grammer..
Heavy head. Popping ears. Dizzy. Anxious. Panicky. Heavy feeling in chest. Knot in stomach. Hard to breathe. Vomiting. Pains stomache or lower belly. Vision problems. Itching. Post nasal drip. This all could be anxiety, however, you may also have food allergies or a histamine intolerance.
For instance, do you experience anxiety after eating tomatoes, cheese, spinach, eggplant, alcohol, choclate, anything pickled or milk? Each of these foods are not only high in histamines, they are histamine releasing foods. If you already carry to many histamines in your body, consuming these foods could cause something that mirrors high anxiety or a full blown panic attack.
Another diagnosis could be an underactive thriod. The symptoms, along with weight gain, done shaking in the hands and thin hair, will also mirror a panic attack or high anxiety.
Before you think you have a bran tumor, please consider the more obvious senerio.
i've been having these same symptoms as everyone, the dreamy like state and tispy numb feeling, to the point i could not focus or even drive some days because I felt like i was body was off and unbalanced to point where it was starting to drive me crazy!!! I thought it was a bunch of things and had a lot of tests and it wasn't until I tried the Neti pot which is used for people who have bad sinuses and once I tried it (  which all you do is put the saline solution with warm water and rinse your nostrils out) almost with a couple of hours I felt better and was regaining my focus back and the back of my head wasn't as tense, this is my first time using it and i hope this can help somebody because it really helped me!!! Now i know i'm not crazy because every person and doctor I tried to explain this to thought i was stressed or had anxiety, when it was just my sinuses!!!
Hi everyone, I have been suffering following anxiety symptoms.

Insomnia. Major. most nights i toss and turn. I get tingly and shiver inside from head to toe. I have urgency to pee. I feel nervous at the pit of my stomach. If I'm desperate for some sleep, I take 10 mg Ambien and or Klonopin I get 5 hours max from time to time.

Headache. tight band around my head feeling as well as it seems to block my nasal passage as well so I can't breathe through my nose as much.

Heavy head/Dizzyness/Have to try hard to focus  - might be from lack of sleep if not anxiety.

Buzzing staticky sound in my HEAD not an ear infection. Also my ears popping and cracking of my jaws.

List could go on and on.

Basically my life has been miserable.  People who have not gone through this just don't understand.  "Just relax. Just go to sleep" they say. OF COURSE I WANT TO!
BUT how is the question. I don't want to get addicted to prescription drugs.

Did anyone try alternative treatments such as Acupuncture or natural remedies such as melatonin, st. john's wort, vallarium, etc,etc?

It's going to be a process. There's no magic pill that's going to make me feel whole next day. But since all my tests are negative, I know I'm not dying of some disease, I will do everything in my power to get better.  I wish everyone good luck.  We can beat this.  

I know how you all feel!!! We are all in the same boat, I've been suffering for over 2 yrs with a weird dizziness, like walking on a boat, I am sooo hypersensative to everything around me, if there is a flickering lightbulb acroos the street I will see it, I have the split vision sometimes, I have pressure in my head and eyes all the time. When I move my body , and then stand still, it feel like I'm still moving. My depth perception is off. I've been checked for inner ear, mri's, cat scan, bloodwork,ekg,eeg,echo for heart. All normal.I have terrible anxiety, I have it all day, the only time I can say I feel half normal is when I am away from home and kids, doing something I really enjoy. I don't take any meds, only a xanax when needed to stop a panic attack. I'm 41 yrs old and feel like my life is over. No one understands me, they think I'm a crazy chick. I have to believe one day I'll be better, if not I think I could just die knowing I will be this way forever.

Me too have this same feeling. Heavy head, light sensitive, unable to focus eye. I also went to neorologist but their medicine does not work !!
Because I feel they are not addressing the root cause.

I did some tests to check what is causing me.
I always feels heavy head when I sleep. The longer the sleep more the pressure. Check is you have this problem.

But I get sleep properly. Some days to check I did not sleep ( I was l sleeping siting ) and I saw I was perfectly alright. All those tension, anxiety has disappeared.

So I feel it is some biological( Some nerve weakness ) that is causing anxiety. It is not mind related. Taking medicine like mind soothing etc will not work. So check out.

When your nerve is weak. A simple though of  fear ( Which is normal, for example body concious ) becomes magnified and it causes pain. Heavy head , eye problem and we go in for circle to aggravate the issue.

Since nerve is weak, we feel more tensioned......It is not the other way. Only when we address problem that casues nerve weak we can addres this problem.
i have the same problem that u r having from past 1 month...i feel heavy head,ear numb,not able to concentrate on my work,eye focusing problem and sleeping problem , feel like i m very tired...this all are happened after my cavity treatment..just after that day i felt heavy head n till now its going on..doesnt know what happened...i went to physician first , then i have done my eye test its also fine , then to ENT doctor , took physotherapy for neck pain .. i m 23 doing my training and my health affects my training as i am not able to concentrate properly.So is anyone help me what should i do to get cure...and is it good to take sleeping pills as i m not getting proper sleep..
Fast and pray.

I suffer from all the above described symptoms and I have a few friends that have. I won't go into details, but I will be going on a prolonged fast and prayer in Jesus' name with them.

I will post on how things go.

For me, it's been 4 long years with this battle with no medical answer.

I too have had CT scans, EEG, numerous blood work, seen an ENT, and will have a MRI in June (next month). All so far have come out negative. I have seen a Psych to test for bipolar / skitzo and it has been inconclusive. Having seen the effects on my friends who have taken the anxiety drugs, I opted not to (it just dumbs their minds down).

Here is a description of my symptoms:
Pain / pressure in head, back of head really. it is not a pain like a headache or migrane (migraine), but more like a congestive pressure. I have difficulties keeping my eyes straight or focused, and there is a constant odd (bad) feeling that is like something forcing down the back of my head into the back of my throat. Like a post nasal drip. Temples are often "swollen in feeling" and I massage it lots but never really gets to the core of it. Negative thoughts race through my mind, thoughts of suicide, depression, and anxiety. Sometimes I have to hang my head down over the bed to try to "relieve" the symptoms, and occasionally, I have a "brain itch" where it feels like inside my mind, it is just itching and I can't scratch it.

Voices in my head. Thoughts that race out of control. Most, if not all, are negative. Accusatory. Self-hatred. Internal voices and on occasion I have heard it as I sleep - almost as if someone was whispering into my ears. but all internal. Not audible voices. But just as real.

On top of it all, there is a sense of a large cloud of confusion that has just settled in my mind. I am unable to focus, and often feel like a "dark fog" is in my head. I often say that I cannot "see" clearly. not with my physical eyes, but with my inner self - my mind - much like focusing. It is the perceiving of things, not the physical seeing. But because I can't focus internally, my physical eyes also lack focus. There is depleting willpower and thus depression easily sets in.

I've also had pain in my back - in my spine, and often it feels like a dagger piercing me.

I'm a 28 yr old girl and hv had simlar symptoms since several yrs ago...head feeling tight,neck feeling heavy,dizziness,tiredness,eye focussing problems,unable to maintain body posture normal,wanting to lie down too often,eye feeling strained,heavy eyelids,unable to even smile coz of rigid feeling of facial muscles... etc....scans showed no problem,and after several yrs of trying range of antibiotics for migraines,painkillers,epilepsy(will u blv that?)and depression all prescribed by the neurologists that i went to...nothing helped even an ounce..except for making things worse.An undepressed individual like me...after suffering this condition fr so long and after so many doctors 'expertly' labelling me as depressed and prescribing away anti-depressants to glory..it was just a waste of a decade of my life! The last ten yrs when my peers got ahead with studies/career/personal lives..I couldn't but helplessly watch wishing this burden of a life just get over soon.

A yr ago, I started exercising with a group and although any form of exercise was severely tiring driving me to breathlessness in minutes...i tried to keep up as far as possible..and two weeks ago,just out of curiosity i took an appointment with a physiotherapist.I didn't know wht to expect of the treatment but i thought if i were to die,i may die a bit poorer but i'd die knowing i tried my best to help myself out of this wrethchedness.
The physio used two techniques in a one hr span of treatment- hot bed with my jaws tightly help by a clasp and the clasp alternately tightened and loosened ever other minute as the bed i lay on was heated to a comfortable temp.This lasted for about 20 mins.The second technique was that attaching some electrodes(not sure..involved some plugs) to my back and it was attached to a machine.It would spurt some mild electric currents onto my back making me feel tingly pins and needles feeling.it was comfortable hoever.After this treatment,the next few days physically i started feeling some changes.I did it a second time again the next week.All I can say is,I feel God has been kind to me to relieve me of last ten yrs' of physical horror if not completely (i'll be doing this few weeks more along with physio's prescribed exercise and my own exercise sessions),I'm far far better and relieved.I'm so grateful!Frieds,don't get depressed,if i could find a source of help that could releive me from this entire terrible episode,you can too.Keep the faith and take care.God bless you.From, a friend.
hiya ive started aving anxiety since ive lost 2 ov my daughters 10 months apart and at first i didnt no what to do with myself it felt as tho my life was coming to a end it even stil does it now but im startin to get anxiety more often aswell on a night time due before im settleing down it is very scary n i dont really know much on anxiety ive been put on beater blockers n they seem to help to some degree but i also find what helps is getting into a relaxing bath that helps some ov it,,,ive also got the heavy eyes the leg,back,sides,under me arms,and me head pain very scarey but hay its just 1 ov them things i spose please get bk to me cheers from chris
i am a 22 year old male...its now 1 30 am and i am experiencing the heavy head feeling like crazy..ive had anxiety and panik attacks on and off for years and ive always either delt with it or got over it and realized i was fine, but a couple days ago that all changed...i was feeling completely fine and all of a sudden i felt as if i was loosing my balance and it was hard to walk...i felt like that the whole day..the next day i woke up and kinda felt the same but on top of that the back of my head felt like it was all messed up and extremely heavy..i had to leave a restaraunt with my gf as soon as we ordered because my head being this heavy is scaring me alot..its now like the 4th day my head has been feeling like this..i was so close to goin to the e.r a million times already but i keep tellin myself im fine..i dont feel fine tho and i am worried about my head feeling so weird and heavy all day non stop...is this really just a part of anxiety>? i would be feeling better if i knew for sure thats all it is already...i was just starting to get ova my anxiety and now this happens..please some1 write back if u know what im goin thru...
I am so relieved that I found this page. I have been having almost all of the symptoms described above ever since I returned home from college. To know I am not alone with these feelings is the best feeling I've had for weeks.

You always hear about anxiety but you never really know what it is until you have it yourself. I always thought it was feeling anxious all the time, but it totally effects your physical body and your social life. Wow. Finding this page is a breath of fresh air.

I thought I had CO poisoning and I am currently testing my house for radon. My house is CO-free and now that I have read these posts I believe I will soon find that it is also radon-free.

Thank you!
Everyone here seems to want to think that it's "all in your head" when you are dizzy. Well, it is in your head, but not necessarily due to some stress or anxiety. Vertigo, head-heaviness, and/or feeling "dizzy" can be due to the inner ear and may easily be treated by a knowledgable ENT, preferably one who specializes in neurotology.  Most general practitioners do not know much about the inner ear. I myself, a RN, married to a very knowledgable internist, still had to see a neurologist, then a neurotologist. I did have an MRI, the best test to test for possible acoustic neuroma, etc. I also had ringing in the ear, etc.  In my case I had a perilymphatic fistula that was repaired. I still have some head heaviness, but not the vertigo I had before. The Epley procedure, as performed by my doctor, a specialist in neurotology and dizziness, helped that in a big way.  Do not hesitate to see a doctor who specializes in dizziness/neurotologist.
I am experiencing the same symptoms as all the rest of you.  I have been to a neurologist several times and have been on two types of medicines that does not work for me. Now I am weaning myself off the medicine, and going to an ENT on Monday. I have had these symptoms for about 15 months. It is certainly a nuisance and I too want to be a normal person without all these medical conditions. I did not realize that so many of us suffer with these conditions. I hope we will eventually find out what this is all about, and the doctors fine a remedy to our problems.  Good luck everyone. carol
This tread started in 2006 and no body mentions of a cure to the symptoms.  Have all of the people who reported the symptoms in 2006 giving up or did they find a solution and they are not sharing it, Some one must have the answer,  Please share .
Thanks God bless you all.
Nicolas
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your posts. They are all very informative. I am an architect from Jaipur, India.
I HAVE THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
• At waking up, till a few hours: Heavy head, neck and shoulder ache. Eyes not focusing, wandering here and there. Being in a state of daze, almost like being drunk (I don’t drink alcohol). The whole body feels like an ‘upside-down pendulum’, swinging from here to there, with the head as center.
• Fatigue, lethargy at times during the day.
• Stiff and sore body, esp legs.
• Feeling hungry and thirsty frequently.
I’M QUITE SURE MOST OF IT IS DUE TO SIMPLE ANXIETY, BECAUSE:
• I have a family history of anxiety and diabetes. Papa is a rather anxious fellow, and grandpa used to be an angry man.
• For the past 5-6 years, life has been rather stressful, with heavy work, being alone, failures in professional and personal life, and worst of them all being porn+masturbation, from which I’m thankfully recovering.
• Recent (2-3 months ago) break-up of a 5 yr long relationship which was at the verge of being converted to a marriage.
• Having failed once to get through grad-school, trying again, so the pressure is more on doing the right thing.
• Having left job for the preparation, so alone at home, parents live in a different country. Mind you, all problems aggravate and inflate when we are alone and self-centered.
SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HAVE HELPED ME ARE:
• Light yoga, and 45 minute walks alternating days.
• Everything early - Light and early meals, early to bed, early to rise. Early breakfast, early lunch, early dinner.
• Light walks, 5-7 minutes each, after every meal. With music, great, fine even without music. This much amount of time is good enough to make you smile and feel better and avoid sleepiness, while keeping you energetic without tiring you out.
• Getting a self-help program to recover from porn use. I don’t know how appropriate it is to mention the name, but it’s the most popular one.
• Complete detox of addictive substances like alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, etc. It’s difficult, but we can always choose, for example, juice over coffee.
• Leaving the computer 1 hour before sleeping. For the last hour before going to bed,. Avoid anything electronic, like listening to music, or sitting on the computer, before an hour of going to bed. Replace those with getting a massage from spouse or through a self massager, take a relaxing bath, read your favorite stories. Reading stories, which are moderate and light in nature and not too dramatic, often works well.
• Frequently meeting people who like and love you, and whom you like and love, esp old friends.
• Listening to my favorite music, exclusively and not just to pass time, and singing along with it.
• Watching nice and light romantic comedies – serendipity, love actually, etc. Or some other favorite movies like shawshank redemption, remember the titans, etc.
• Following a self-help book or philosophy, especially one which is positive in nature, and is grounded in faith and reality. E.g. Norman Vincent Peale’s ‘the power of positive thinking’
• Positive thinking. Books like ‘the secret’, ‘think and grow rich’, etc.
THERE ARE OTHER THINGS WHICH I’M NOT ABLE TO DO BUT WOULD LOVE TO. THESE ARE:
• Doing community service.
• Join a creative hobby group like dancing, singing, guitaring, drawing or something of the sort.
Please feel free to contact me at ***@**** for further discussions, tips, doubts, and suggestions.
Thanks and all the best, hope you feel calm and peaceful even during periods of heavy stress.
Anirudh.
Hi everyone,

I am a male 54 years old. Married with two Daughters. I too have suffered with all these symptoms since my early twenties.
Pressure in eyes and face.
Brain fog
vision problems; (Blurred, off depth perception and occasional double vision.
Weak legs and arms
heart palp's
tired all the time
These symptoms come and go. They seem to increase days before getting some kind of cold or infection. I have had many of the tests others have posted. Brain scans, Blood tests, Hair analysis for pollutants and heavy metals, eye exams, sleep studies (two). All negative except the sleep study. Tested positive for sleep Apnea. I was given a CPAP unit and tried it with little success. It keeps me from sleeping. I have not tried any alternative sleep Apnea devices. If asked am I stressed out or depressed. I would say no. But if I look at my life and current situation, I would have to say Hell yes I'm stressed!  The intial symptoms started in my mid twenties. I was a UPS driver for twelve years in Los Angeles. VERY stressful job. RUN RUN RUN. Traffic, traffic traffic. I herniated a disc in my lower back which ended my employment with UPS. Wife at home with new baby. Stress!  Rebounded and became a PC Technician then a Network engineer. Worked for Nynex, Disney and Startup dot coms. Stress!  Wife diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in 2007. 4 surgeries  and 4 rounds of Chemo. Running out of un-needed body parts to remove. Depression and stress! All my symptoms elevated. Sleep is my only sanctuary.
Is there a cure? Maybe if I won the lotto and did not have to work, commute, or worry about money I could relax and take one day at a time. I wish I had something positive to tell you all. some cure, some miracle drug. I have not be able to find any silver bullet. Removing the stress would most likley work. In this world we live, it is not easy to do.
God Bless and good luck all.
John
Any updates on this? I have not slept in like four days due to similar symptoms. I have scheduled to see a doctor tomorrow to find solutions. I cannot do many of the physical things suggested to relieve this because the weighted head sensation has gotten so bad that I would probably fall if I got onto a bicycle. I am known to experience anxiety as well as drink however many of these symptoms one year ago were very mild if not present at all and I drink less now than I did then.
I've had several tachycardia episodes caused by unknown reasons. (I've been to the ER several times.) After a week of recovery and suffering from tachycardia every time I consumed anything, I've suffered from this chronic "dizziness." I am only 24 and one of my doctors try to blame the tachycardia on anxiety! Until I had another episode.

I finally figured out it's because my eyes are having problems focusing. My left eye can barely focus, and my right if it switches to another object it takes time for it to focus. The only thing that has helped me is just closing your eyes. If you can close your eyes and not feel sick anymore then try doing these exercises that have helped me. Close your eyes and circle them about ten times one way and then ten times the other way. Repeat this everyday.

I hope that helps. I still suffer from the distortion but I hope this helps someone.
I had all the same symptoms, after 18 months of tests MRI, blood test, etc. my ENT doctor diagnosis is VERTIGO PAROXIMAL BENIGN.  No tumors, no malformation in my ears, no virus.  The problem is basically the small "minerals" or deposits of calcium located in the "saccula" in the inner ear.  these minerals are out of place due to a strong movement of our heads.  the minerals star swimming in the cannels of our inner ear and caused dizziness, heavy head, vertigo, nausea.  We have a feeling of being tired because our brain is working harder.  Our ears receive information but can not be process correctly because of the dizziness, our vision is blurred.  These symptoms together send wrong messages to our brain and it gets tired working hard to understand missmessages.  The solution is simple but require patience.  The ENT doctor checks out which ear is the affected and makes a mannuver with your head "Epley" or another type depending on which area your doctor believes the crystals are located.  Do not take medicine for your diziness like Antivert (Meclizine) only cause you to be very sleepy.  Avoid driving if you can when you are very dizzy, rest as much as possible.  Do the exercises recommended by your ENT doctor.  Look in the internet for these exercises.  Practice Tai Chi if possible.  Change your negative and anxiety attitute for a possitive attitude.  Think that you will be alright soon and start feeling better.  Do breathing exercises to relax and aliviate your anxiety.  It will take some time to go back to normal but we will feel better.  Good luck to all!  You are not alone, statistics shows 50% of population experience symptoms due to these crystals.
yeah I hear all of you. I have had this back of the head sinus feeling and at times feeling like my face feels heavy as well as my jaw and tongue. My doctor doesn't think it's neurological or heart related. I had an MRA to check blood flow around the brain and it checked out normal. I think stretching and relaxing helps. I have had some major changes in my life. Also, every time I stretch the back of my head I feel drainage go down the back of my throat.
Had the same problems.  Weird vision (shakey (shaky), wobbly vision) dizzy, heavy head, need to pop ears all the time, feel spaced out.  Go to a Chiropractic Neurologist!  Best decision Ive ever made.  It all goes with nutrition, spinal alignment and anxieties.  They CAN help you even when all other doctors think your crazy.  Ive been there. And most of all keep praying and believing, there is an answer out there guys!!
Anxiety throws off your gaba levels and causes a massive change reaction...this also happens with people go through xanax withdrawal...which i'm going through which causes the same symptoms...so, your gaba goes on the fritz so does your brain, senses, and vision theres my two cents I hope this helps
hello to all~ i'd like to add to this discussion that if any of you are female, 35 years or older your symptoms could very well be related to peri-menopause. please research it. peri-menopause can cause all of the symptoms most of you described from the heavy headedness, loss of focus/concentration, pulling sensations in the body and head/neck region, heart palpitations, and panic attacks. the list is long and it's due to the body's fluctuating hormone levels as the body starts winding down to the menopause years. please relax, and then check it out. :)
Anxiety shows up around mid to late teens.

I am 20 and have been dealing with mine for 4 years.  Up until a few months ago, it was untreated.

I must say that if you are able to get off meds and take control of your situation then I will applaud you.  That takes great patience.

I started having some of these same problems this morning and though I am on medication, I worried it was because I accidentally took it later than normal.

I had to reassure myself that it was simply my nerves getting the better of me.

I am currently on 20 mgs of Paxil.  Not much, but enough to make a difference.

I no longer have to see a psychiatrist, but it was because I caught my condition so early on.  If I had waited until I was my father's age, then I would have to go to regular therapy.

You are also young, and fortunate enough to have caught your symptoms now instead of later.

Just keep calm and relaxed.  Take Tai Chi or Yoga to help relax you during the week.  :)

You'll do fine

-Lindsay
I saw your comment on Anxiety and found very similar to what I am going through in my life for over 7-8 years. I totally agreed to your statement saying that this is something which don't go away immediatly.
I always feel heavy in my whole head, little more in both sides of my temple than rest of the other area. I had this issue once in my college when I was around 18, I used to smoke that time hence thought could be nicotine, so I quit smoking. I found myself ok within 2-3 months. After that I again started smoking, finished my college and then got a job, after 4-5 years of job, I again got the same issue. Now I thought it could be the same smoking problem hence I quit it on & off but didn't help. I don't know how to overcome this. I never discussed this to doctor as I as not sure what to explain him. I always tried to find the solution myself. SOmetime I browsed over the internet to read cases like me. Today I read this thread and found the exact case I am having.
I see that you post your comment quiet a long time ago, you may have found the solution by now. If yes you could be a real help to me otherwise we can share our experience to each other and try to come over this together.
I am planning to go to a doctor now and expain him everything, may I can get some scans, I don't know.
Can I expect some assistance from you. I would really appreciate your help in this case.

Thank you
- Manoj
for the overall tumor questions. . . .Lets keep one thing in mind. If you like me,. . . Are out of a job because of anxiety., Well you most likely spend much time in front of the screen- TV - PC and so on.
Linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision_syndrome
CVS- It can basically give you all the same symptoms that a tumor can.
Cure. Do something else.
Someone suggested Yoga. And actually myself gathering resources to try that out.
So yeah, check the link, and see if it fits the bill.
Oh and btw. A good exercise when your eyes have trouble focusing is to take a pencil and slowly move it back and forth in front of your nose.  
I sometimes get hard times focusing when reading- But that helps you get that focus back.
Hi if your having these anxiety problems when i have some i listened to the quran and it realy helped but you have to focus and concentrate when listening to the quran heres a clip try it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrD8gO43F0c
no thanks !
Stress/Anxiety is a beast.  I'm in the Army under alot of stress and dealing with my personal problems as well as my soldiers problems has given me horrible anxiety.  It all started in March 2008.  I was having these episodes of Dizziness/racing heart/either cold chills or hot flashes/dry heaving or vomiting and they only lasted 10 or 15 min.  I self diagnosed anxiety and later was professionally diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  Anyhow, I got used to these attacks and each time I'd have one, I'd think to myself Gimme the worst anxiety attack you can.  You can't kill or hurt me.  It helped me to feel more in control and accept it.  Now in the past month or so I've reached a constant level of anxiety all day everyday.  It's worse than having anxiety attacks.  I have episodes of dizziness with no attack, extreme fatigue, and I feel that I have to keep moving around (elevated blood pressure) and my mind is racing constantly.  I'm going through issues with my soldiers, marital problems, and I'm being chaptered out of the military for ankylosing spondylitis (joint disease) so thats also a significant event adding to my anxiety.  I see everything everyone writes on here and its all pointing to anxiety.  Everyone has different breaking points and some obviously are lower than others.  Try to get the anxiety and stress relief guided self hypnosis with subliminal music from itunes.  It's 25 min long and like $10.  I dunno how well it helps, but it is soothing and it put me to sleep quick.  I'm just rambling here, I just feel sorry for everyone with anxiety I'd like to help other people with this but I'm not over it myself.  I hope all of you don't feel alone in this and once you recognize it is anxiety, it's easier to rule out medical conditions that will make you more anxious.
Here are a few things i have discovered that might help

1. It is worse in spring summer(allergy season)
2. Candida(google it)-Yeast overgrowth in the body They have a diet that people wear by!!!
3.Perimenapuase(this is the fluctuating of hormones before menopause.)
4. I have miItro Valve prolapse(the doc said this triggers a dysynergy  in the two nervous systems that we have) MVP is not life threatening.(very common)
5. I feel worse when i eat fruit...especially grapes/raisons)
6. I noticed that i went all winter feeling ok and the day the AC guy put antifreeze in the ac i felt the first episode of the season. (weird i know)
7. I notice when my symptoms were the worst-I was depressed and stressed.  Depression causes anxiety attacks!!!

I still believe food allergy play a role in these symptoms and NOT enough water!! dehydration causes a very heavy feeling!  You might not think you are dehydrate but you can be.
well guys just to start off, im 16 years old, my english is not very good but hope you can understand me, I really need a big help with this PRESSURE in my head i mean its like my head is GROWING its allways feeling very HEAVY and looks WEIRD  so im worried if its a serious illness like anxiety or worse, i keep having stress and keeping them to myself and not tell anyone, i allways feel tired in the afternoons and my eyes gets watery and ichy, but the worse part is that i really get worried when i look at my head and the feeling of heavy head, so i went to my doctor and told her about the pain and the dizzyness in my head and she said it might migraine and so then she wrote me a medicine for it, and im still taking it which it doesnt work on me, so once the medicines finish im gna ask her to book my an apointment at the hospital for a brain scan, the feeling is just really worrying and i dont find this normal, i dont enjoy the life So please guys give me an answer to this to stop worrying about itt. The worse thing is i worry about Brain tumor ?
I have been diagnosed with anxiety and sometimes I still wonder if it's something more. My symtoms (symptoms) come even when I don't feel like I'm stressed or anxious. I have this heavy headed feeling, not wanting to eat, dizziness, weakness, left arm and fingers tingle, ect. Do these symptoms come continously?
even though this page is 4 miles long i'm going to throw in my contribution too.  

i'm healthy, athletic 30 year old male and for almost 2 years i've been getting this... dense/hangover/dreamy/slowmotion/disorientating/disconnected/fuzzy/lopsided/every other unpleasant feeling you can think of (except the dreamy part) in my head and eyes.. and recently i've been having digestive issues too.

about 3 months ago all my organ function and blood tests have came back fine.  my heart/blood pressure/whatever is in great shape and my lungs are fine.  i treated myself to a full body massage after my doctor appointment to help me relax and for the next month i felt great.  

now it seems to be almost worse than before.  most severe, more constant.. and after reading (most of) these comments on this page, i'm pretty sure it's worse because i've gotten worried that the tests have missed something; that they were done on 'a good day' when my body was just up on it's luck.  

i've never been diagnosed with anxiety but i know it's there.  and i'm not just saying that because i am a hypochondriac - which is awful.  every twitch and sensation sends my mind into a downward spiral of what-ifs.  i've even panicked when i felt a vibration in my throat until i realized it was because i was singing with the radio :x

but never feel this way when i'm having fun, i never feel it when i first wake up in the morning and am just in bed, relaxed and happy.  i never feel it when i'm out drinking (which i initially thought was just because i was drunk and it masked the feeling but now assume it's because i'm relaxed and enjoying myself).  i never feel this way when i'm exercising or reading.  so i try to do all these things more often (except the drinking - because then i start to think that i'm going to damage my liver).  i started reading this book called 'the power of now' and it's helped me form a new mindset about worry and relaxation.

no one i had spoken to about it knew what i was talking about.  my friends and girlfriend and doctor all kind of wrote it off as me just being overly sensitive but for me it's a very real and disturbing feeling.  i did a google search hoping someone had asked something similar and came across this website and it's been a relief.  i signed up and shared my story because so many other stories have helped me and every one i read was more assuring that these physical symptoms can be manifestations of a state of mind, and perpetuate themselves and even if there IS something wrong; relaxing can't hurt.
my symptoms come too when i don't feel stressed or anxious, but that doesn't mean the body isn't stressed or anxious.  just because you're not concious of it doesn't mean it isn't happening.  sometimes when i think i'm relaxed i try to relax even more and am surprised at how much looser i can be.  
I have have this heavy feeling in my head for little of two years and always hit a brick wall when trying to research my symptoms. finally two weeks ago I went on google.com to discover a possible answere to my bewilderment for the over two years of my life. I see a neuraltist and shared my findings, ant think I finally came up with a name for my problems with my head. It is called Occipital Neuralgia. Check it out on google.com. I was determined to fine a name to what I have. I think I really might be on to a solution to the many problems we have in common. Check it out what do we have to lose. I am desperate to fine a solution, because it's a misrable way to live each day. My doctor is researching the symptoms. You can pass this information to others. Good luck Carol
I got a heavy head feeling and was diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency.  Normal ranges for the serum B12 test are approximately 200-900 pg/mL and anything less than 400 pg/mL can cause neurological symptoms in 10% of the population.  Mine was below 200.  Anxiety and Depression were two of my multiple and varied symptoms and these disappeared once the underlying neurological symptoms were taken care of.  I would recommend that anyone with anxiety have their vitamin B12 levels tested and if they are low, get more information at the Pernicious Anaemia Society.
I too have been experiencing all the above said symptoms. Although I have also been having some slight pains in certain areas of my head. Although this pain stays for an hour to a few days and then moves on to another part of my head. Is this also related to anxiety? I have not had an MRI or cat scan yet...but I am going to try and get my doctor to get me one!
Thanks :)
Have the same simtoms maybe :).
I had it since my puberty, some kind of feeling like you have a heavy head, and sometimes you have anxiety attacks cause of it. Later i started studying and working and had anxiety more and more, just freaking out cause something was like pulling at the back of my head and making me have a heavy head and stress me menatly even more. With the eyes I sometimes had the feeling It was not real what I was seeing.. like beeing in a movie. Btw: I dont take drugs and actualy no alcohol (once every 3 month's maybe). :)
So I went to docter and he found out that my sitting style was not great so my neck muscle pulled on the back of my head and made me have headache... People that have had this know of it, you just get stressed more and more. So the thing that helps are just some ordinary stretching exercises for Neck and Shoulders. I still sometimes have that eye Problem but I guess that cant be fixed in a way, I mostly have it during very couldy days when the light is most anoying for my eyes. :)
But I learned to live with it. Anyway i didnt have much Anxiety attacks anymore, and if then I know where they come from... reminds me I have to do my excercises regurlary again. hehe
Just see Erenmaden1 msg, take it easy, I think we have the same thing, Im still alive with 30y :). id recomend some Neck exercises/streching and see how it is then. one I like specialy is, sit up straight hold your fist against your forehead and press with your head against it for 20 seconds, you got to press back with your fist to stretch your muscle in the Neck.

Hope I could help somebody.
I've had these same kinda issues. Its keeps coming now and then. Been taking pills for the past week for accounted probs of vertigo n nausea but still I feel like my head is heavy and can't concentrate properly on whatever I m doin. The days activities go bizzare. And when I lie down,it feels like my head falling backwards.
I've had these same kinda issues. Its keeps coming now and then. Been taking pills for the past week for accounted probs of vertigo n nausea but still I feel like my head is heavy and can't concentrate properly on whatever I m doin. The days activities go bizzare. And when I lie down,it feels like my head falling backwards. Any cure for this thing. Should I go for an MRI.?
thank you all for sharing your experiences here!

My mother is experiencing the same symtops of heavy heads, pressure under the eyes, goosebumbs, not getting enough sleep. She has other medical conditions such as diabetes, thyroid.

We have been seriously worried for things thats has been going wrong with her, we can not feel what she feels but we really seen that she is not in good shape healthwise due to what she is going through.

I am planning to take her to Physician/Pshcologist who can really check her and avdise her slowly how to cope with the situation! I shall soon post and advise any medication or ideas that i may get from the visit and may help you guys to deal with anxiety and stress/depression.

Please let us all pray to Almighty as well to bless us with good health  and indeed remember each other in prayers.

Thanks.

Nabil
I share also the same experience ...... heavy head nearly fainting .... sometimes feel I ll loose my mind or consciousness.... vision cannot concentrate ..... All this is not Physical absolutely .... needless to say that real physical illness reduces the anxiety symptoms and not increase it.
So my dear friend this is 100% anxiety 0% physical illness
for treatment:
1- Always join good friends or relatives outdoors they must be quiet descent lovely and caring. Do not stay alone all days.
2- do not overstress your vision and mind with computer , mental work and mental stress do not be workaholic.
3- be patient about recovery go out for sun light and social joining
4- Do not use drugs or medicines .... or use it very rarely.
5- take deep breath .... drink water.
6- if your face and head are hot .... cool them in water..... like sea creatures.
7- Be optimistic and trust in future through your God or through mother nature that heals all
Samy Wahib
***@****
For many years I have been having this fuzzyness thing in my eyes ,Its likemy focus becomes distorted. Might happen twice a week might no happen again for six months etc .I have noticed before it happens that I feel strain at the top of my back and shoulders ,and is usually after i have been overdoing things .Sometimes going from dark to light ouside bring it on .I have been told that it is an optical migrane (migraine) .I think th idea mentioned above regarding getting a massage may be a good one .
I don,t knw if it is linked but when i get home from work I have to sleep for about half an hour as my head feels totally clogged up just above my eyes.When I wake up I feel great ,it like theres a bottle neck in the front of my head that needs to filter out

Regards Barry
thanks for all your comments. I think I may have anxiety disorder...I worry all the time about stupid things...can't make a decision and when I do, I ALWAYS have buyers remorse. The latest has been with eye discomfort. I had Lasik 3 years ago and everything has been fine with my eyes.....then I read one of the "doom and gloom" articles about Lasik and how you may have issues with it later in life..etc....so now that this is in head, my eyes are bothering me and I am dizzy and uncomfortable....Is this just mind over matter here? It seems like your eyes can play tricks on you when put your mind to it....
I had this: vertigo, monster slow-explosion migraines, nausea, strange visual stuff [trails, tunnel vision, light explosions at perifery] all really bad and unrelievable, for about 6weeks  it was a trransient thing I got from visiting my son-in-law in the hospital.  Wait, you might get over it.  I was very encouraged finding out others close here had it too, IT'S CONTAGIOUS!   but it will pass.
Hi everyone,

So sorry you find yourselves on here too - but great that we can all chat and share experiences, it's definitely comforting. x

In June I started to feel really strange and a small panic attack in the car on the motorway and had to pull over - ever since then i've felt completely not on the planet, like I'm not really here, head felt heavy and weird although no pain. Started feeling very hot and strange. I was starting a new job in the August, every doctor I went to told me I was just anxious. My Dad passed away 2 years ago, they kept telling me it was delayed grief etc. Did blood tests, all came back fine. So I started the job but I was still feeling the same and quite panicky with it as I thought I was going mad! Went to the chiropractor and found out that my neck was 100% out of alignment and they said this is definitely why you feel spaced out and foggy, because little oxygen is getting to your brain! So I was like 'yay' I have an answer. But it carried on and still felt really odd - so I paid for an MRI brain and neck scan, thought there might be a pinched nerve or some fluid causing the foggyness - came back fine. The job is a performing job with alot of pressure so I thought, well I must just be anxious about it. I then picked up a sickness and diarrhea bug, and was off the show. Had the worst anxiety and panics as couldn't get out of bed etc. couldn't eat. Took myself to a hypnotherapist which helped but I still felt odd. Went back having managed to eat a little, did 5 shows and then couldn't get out of bed. Couldn't eat - so I was like 'this is NOT just anxiety surely!' - they company then sent me to their private doctor who tested for glandular fever and it came back positive, but post acute EPV. Anyone had glandular fever before?? I didn't get the sore throat or glands massively up - but he said because i've probably had it for 3 months and worked through it, the show  is physically demanding - that my body is suffering now in a post viral fatigue way - almost M.E but I have no muscle pain - I've been off for 3 weeks, i'm out of bed and have a bit more energy. On Mirtazapine so i'm eating LOTS and sleeping LOTS which is half the battle but this vacant, not on the planet, foggy feeling it doing my head in - I can function, but feeling not with it when you're on stage is AWFUL and scary. I looked up de-realization and it freaked me out - do you think this is what it might be? I want to come off the anti-depressants soon as the doctor has signed me off for 8 weeks, a side effect of the mirtazapine is a zombie like state - i've nearly been on them 2 weeks, and there is a difference for sure but the 'not on the planetness' is worse. I am also on 10mg of citalaopram. But throughout the 5 months that this has been going on now I have always felt bit dizzy foggy, under water like feeling. I'm told this is very much glandular fever, but can't get my head around it - don't know if the pills are making it worse etc....

OMG i'm rambling - so sorry. Just fed up it and need to get back to work - having good days and bad days and don't think i'm depressed, but know it can be a depressive illness and debilitating. If I just felt awake and on the planet things would be so much better - makes me so sad, I long to feel with it and to enjoy life again. Know it's only 5 months and this isn't serious but I start to worry and that maybe I should pay for another brain scan or full body scan because this is so weird!  

Any advice would be amazing!!!

Hope you are all coping x
All my love
Aimz x
P.s: I also feel like my brain shakes and twitches a little when I'm watching tv etc.....!?
nikki im so glad to read that someone is actually going through what im going throuogh. The pressure in the brain description is deAd on and it really messes with the focus in your eyes.. For me i cant focus on anything espicially when people are talking to me  im jus spaced out and emotionless.. For me it all started when i missed my lexpro for 6 days cold turkey ( because i couldnt afford it) and i have this this zombie feeling ever since even when i got bak on it.. its been about 2 months now.  my family thinks its all just anxiety and depression ( and dont get me wrong i do have those) but i know this is an actuall pressure on my brain thats totally keeping me from being happy or myself.. it sad to because i actually thought about giving up because its not getting better and i dont relly want to kill myself but that fact that im having the thoughts as an option its also very devistating.. well all i can do is keep goin to doctors until i figue this thing otut because if/when i can get through this (which this is the hardest thing ive had to deal with in my hwhole life) i will be able to conquer anything, i will have the world by the balls lol
Im 23 and suffer from anxiety, last week doc said I looked dehydrated so I was drinking tons of water up until my mom in law told me I was drinking way to much, I freaked mind started going crazy, started googling, ever since which was 5 days ago ive been nauseous, blurry vision, no appetite, scared, heavy head like feels like my head is full of air, dark eyes... I cant STOP thinking I drank to much water now keep thinking my brain is swelling thats why I feel like this.. I went to doc but he didnt take me serious he said seems like ur anxious agian, which I am.. Its always stirred up by my physical well being.. I always think im gonna die... I grew up around alot of sick ppl and alot of deaths and anxiety runs extreme in my family... I just dont know how to knock this feeling... doc said they checked my electrolytes and im good but I keep thinking what if there wrong what if theyve changed now and im dieing but no one knows... ugh this is horrible.
Hi I am 21 I have had this dizzy and my head feeling heavy for about 6 years I've gone to doctors they've done blood test xrays cat scans and they find nothing the last doctor I saw told me it might be nerve damage but that he couldn't help me cuz nerves can't be fixed im stuggling with this so much idk what to do its so hard to live my life like this it only use to happen to me every once a year but now its almost everyday everyother day or week I feel so off balnce dizzy my head feels so heavy its scary I wish there was some help cuz im going crazy im so unhappy with my life right now because of this! :(
Hi all. I'm a shy, nervy 16 year old and I think I'm suffering from anxiety.

Last year, I had the flu. I went to doctors and she said I had a heart murmur. I later went back and she said it was gone, and was probably due to having flu. However she recommended that I should go to a heart specialist to make sure, given the heart problems in my mum's side of my family. I was really worried before this, and had feelings of heavy chest and heart, i also kept on looking up heart problems on google and seeing if I had any symptoms. The specialist said I had no murmur and that I had a healthy heart. The feelings of heavy chests disappeared soon after...

I am now in a busy time for both exams and coursework. I had a headache in a specific area for a couple of days and i looked up my symptoms on google and I now think I may have a brain tumour. Since this I seem to have a weak headache all the time now and my eyes feel quite heavy. I'm also feeling really scared and worried about it.

I am going to go to the doctors next week and enquire about having a scan on my brain, to make sure. Then I'll say that I think I'm suffering from health anxiety.

Do you think I am?
Many thanks.
hi i am currrently a student and i have been through the same case as you. it feels like very bad, there is constant pressure on your head and it is very stiff and strained, the case will turn bad when you try to focus for 30 min and longer than that, i try to solve this problem but for two years it have not changed much, it is possibly because of my bad daily habit,i often stay up late, read books and work on computer for a long period  time at once,i study abroad and the message fee is very high,only when there is a school holiday i have time to alleviate my head pain, it seems like it takes a very long time to be recovered, but i am a student and still have a lot of things to do, do you have any good advice? thx:D
try looking up Vertical Heterophoria just a suggestion people goodluck.x

During the past summer I was sick from allergies and got a steroid shot which I was allergic to. It caused me to have a panic attack. Ever since then I just haven't felt the same. For the past couple of weeks now my head has had constant pressure on the sides in the front and in the back near the neck area. My eyes seem heavy and I have a feeling that is like I can only focus on one thing and everything around me is bright. Or sometimes everything seems to go real fast. I get dizzy because of light headedness and I just don't feel the same. I really don't think I can function 100%. I went to doc and he said sinus but didn't think the headaches were associated with it and recommended an MRI of the brain. This is freaking me out why do I need an MRI of the brain? Does he think I have a tumor or cancer? I'm very worrisome about my health and I do panic alot which leads to "heat flashes". Any help on this would be appreciated & forgot to mention I am 18.
I would say yes, but I am the same way. I Am a lifeguard so I know signs and symptoms of certain medical issues and I once had swallowed alot of water which I thought I had dry drowning. Once I thought about it I had all the symptoms of dry drowning, turns out it was bronchitis. I wish there were something to just remove all anxiety
I know eveyrone says your cant be allergic to tobacco but since I quit 4 months ago I feel different. I smoked or dipped for 20 yrs and I have had so many symptoms coming down physically. From shaking, twitching. dizziness, down, excited ect Its hard to say it didnt affect me differently. I never stuck with a brand and jumped back and forth to dipping. I had a friend who dipped all the time and it didnt affect him. It would bring me down sort of but smoking was bad on my asthma. I felt addicted to something I was allergic to.
i am 16 and feeling everything that you feel. This is a recent discovery because i thought of the worst possible scenario. I struggle to get to sleep now because it occupies my mind. Does the heavy head feeling make you want to put your head forwards. (oh btw, im not socially awkward or anything) :)

im a 21 year old girl and i only recently (in the last couple days) felt these symptoms. My whole life i've suffered from headaches, but the last couple days i've felt dizzy, light/heavy headed, vision being blurry and so on. The weather is very hot at the moment where i'm from, i dont know if that could be a factor? I only recently excersised for the first time in 6 months yesterday, plus work as a receptionist so i sit at a computer all day long and have quite a bad posture. On the odd occasion i get a blood nose, but that has been ever since i was a kid. I don't think i suffer from stress or anxiety at all? so im just bummed as to what it might be?

Best of luck to everyone - you're not alone!
Amanda
Don't you people see the sudden onslaught of these symptoms on a great number of victims? Don't buy the "anxiety/stress/depression" baloney. I wasted time/money going to 20 alleged "doctors" starting in April 2009. All sorts of "doctors". General practitioners, Internal medicine, Endocrinologists, Psychologists, Neurologists, ENT's...etc. MRI's, CAT's, STD tests, blood tests, urine tests....etc. No evidence, no diagnosis. Then, I started to notice that all of you others have been stricken and suffering from about the same time. I am certain now that this is some sort of military weaponry. Either biological, chemical or electromagnetic. I think they are working on a way to disable people in a sneaky, undetectable way in order to subdue a whole population. Another possibility is a side effect of the explosion of 2-4 GHz telecommunications devices. The air is simply sizzling with transmissions. The brain and nervous system is being bombarded with microwave energy which instantly cooks birds which fly through the beams from repeater stations. In the years before recent times, I have NEVER heard of such infirmity and affliction. Oh, and by the way, don't waste your time on John 14:13. Seems Jeezbo was either lying or never existed in the first place.
Pls consult a cardiologist,I believe you have problem in blood circulation.hope you have a solution and have ur problem solved out at the earliest.All the good luck.

Cheers
  Tara
I was diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder 2 yrs ago but have had suffered with it all my adult life and suffer with the same symptoms u all have been experienceing.... sometimes its the heavy headedness and pressure like my head is gonna explode... sometimes i get a headache after sometimes not,vision problems,  heart raceing, fear of the unknown, sometimes hard to take a deep breathe becuz im worrying too much bout what could be wrong, sometimes chest pains... .. ive had an mri, bloodwork, ekg... everything normal.... my anxiety/panic has been acting up quite a bit lately and i think its becuz my bf n i and my kids are moveing into our own place and he works nights and ive never been alone with my kids at night b4... ive always been around other adults.... so i think subconciously im terrified even thou im excited bout moving.... i try to tell myself everything is ok and if there was something wrong with me it would have happened already... i chew gum that has to be a certain kind... i stopped takeing meds for it becuz the first time i took it it gave me such a bad panic attack that im scared to take them..... so ive been dealing with it the best i know how... and i read bout things when symptoms start and everytime it leads back to anxiety.....
oh my thanks so much for this! i have the heavy head feeling and it goes when i get out of the house and am around others--i begin to forget about it--actually i have gone through every single symptom associated with panic but they disappear after a little while--this heavy head feeling is the last symptom i am experiencing..I am hoping it passes as well.
it surely has helped me...thanks so much
thanks so much--it does--i feel 100 times better when i talk it through with someone especially someone who has been through it!!
i understand totally---this disorder if you let it will control and ruin your life--keep fighting hun...
Did you recover? I have similar feelings from last 3 weeks!
i suffer wiv anxiety but never like thiz before in my life.my head alwayz feelz heavy so do my eyez.i get headache from time aswell.im 29 had a baby a few wkz ago.and thatz wat every1z puttin it on.i cant focuz or think wivout pressure or dizzynezz.i cant relax cuz i can feel it happened'so wot can i do
This feeling in my head is very difficult to explain but torturous to live with. This is a nightmare. I've had this for six months now and it's not going away. In the past I've had trouble with repetitive thoughts and social anxiety (muscle/head twitching in social situations, wattery eyes, etc.) I have had anxiety most of my life, but this weird feeling in my head is horrible to live with. For some reason it can get better at certain times of the day then worse at others. Usually it calms down at night, but last night it was actually worse.

Hello guys I am suffering all the symptoms you have.. I have problem in focusing and concentration and high level of anxiety because I am not used to this feeling. I've been diagnosed with sinusitis cyst disease. It's one hell craziness! Let's pray for good health guys!
I am having the same feeling from the past two weeks. I have a very heavy head and i cannot focus on someone while talking or something while reading. I can comprehend what is being said and understand what I am reading, but the focus part is a problem. Its just that when i look around my eyes can see properly, but my mind starts building up pressure. Also, because of that i do not feel like doing anything. For example playing any sports or just going out . Does anyone have any idea which specific doctor should i go to ? OR Any activity which i can perform on a daily basis to overcome this OR any type of medicines available in the drug store.
I am having the same heavy head feeling with diffuculty in focusing something or someone. I can understand and comprehend what is being said, but its the focus part which is a problem.

What is SSRI ?
Is there a medicine available in a drug store?
i've been dealing with that too. i'm a 19 year old girl and have had panic attacks if i drank alcohol or was on flu medication, but then i had one out of the blue at a restaurant this past fall and i have't been normal since. usually i'd just get over it in a few hours knowing i was ok. but i've been paranoid for months and months. i've talked to my doctor and she told me to see a psychologist, which helps. it also helps to keep a healthy lifestyle like stay busy and eat healthy. apparently though there are a lot of people dealing with this, who even have worse symptoms than us. so i'm thankful i'm not alone. I just try not to think of my anxiety and keep my mind clear of it as often as i can. as soon as i start thinking about it, my heavy head and paranoid symptoms get worse. so good luck, hope this helped
omg all the symptoms you just said... i'm going through as i type. I'm glad I now know that I'm not the only one going through this! ;). I will try what you said you do, and see if it goes away, Thank you.
i have the very same problem
well let me tell u it is hell on earth, its no wonder other people choose suicide to escape high anxiety, i dont want to take pills with all the freakish side FX , like not being able to make out with a girl, etc.  let me tell you someday when i get to heaven and talk 1 2 1 with God and the higher ups, as a firm believer in re-incarnation, when my next cycle goes around, i do NOT want mitral valve deformities, i do NOT want to feel dizzy every damned minute of the day with all the worry about trying to find ten hours of work a week to avoid going back into a homeless (hopeless) shelter, next time i am re-born as a baby i want to be 100% healthy with a pristine heart, and i plan to help others with this godforsaken horrible affliction ( high anxiety ) because its the noble thing to do and it would be meaningful and satisfying to help another human being.
-------------------Todd /  ohio st univ
hi there look like same illness i try 30plus change my whole life please try hope help you thank you
hi please try 30plus its a miracle
hi there sound like same illness i try 30plus miracle back to normal god bless
hi there exercise and try 30plus i know will help you it takes 3to 4 weeks go online and find more information about 30plus please try god bless everyones
I really don't know to say happy to know i am not alone ! or to say sad to see others suffering from the same issue. !! has anyone tried to loose weight or changing life style !!  wanna know does it help at all. ?  mine been very bad recently ..... !  
what is 30plus ?
Hello........I am new to this page.........Now, that I am reading all the comments I am wondering what is going on with me.........My head feels full, my eyes tear a lot, I can't focus, I forget things.......AND, I HAVE ANIEXTY BAD AND HAVE FOR YEARS.....MY HEART RACES ALL THE TIME.......I am allergic to everything they give me.......Prozac, Zoloft, Geodon.....on and on..........Psy. Dr. says nothing he can do.......I've had two surgeries, lost my mother and I am home all the time alone and my mind just wanders and wanders.........Is my symptoms possibly from stress.......I am convinced I have brain tumors and cancer...........HELP
Help again.......I hope someone read my above statement and can talk with me about all this........I feel like I am going NUTS.............Heart pounds, can't do anything get so freakin nervous........Thanks.......
I am going through a very similar ordeal. have had an illness a million docs can't seem to diagnose for over a year. I have had the full work up . Brain mri, cat scans, you name it. checked me for every disease possible, all because i have an irritated painful bladder and all the head symptoms of anxiety that everyone else on this thread has. Its freaking me out. Hoever, the neurologist just recently said to me, and this is a top guy at a top hospital in L.A. , that if there were brain tumors or cancer, etc..., there would be sooo many obvious easy signs of it by now, there would be no guessing.You have had this anxiety for years. so you gotta figure , if it were something terrible, it would of shown itself by now. Atleast go get a blood panel done so they can make sure your white blood cells and other levels are fine. That should put you at ease. I understand being scared. this pressure/anxiety/panic feeling is so new to me its horrible. I get these constant adrenaline rushes that feel like your going down a huge horrible rollercoaster...or worse.. My head feels like its in a vice. Ativan seems to help at night, but I refuse to take it in the day...for some reason. I haven't been to a psychyatrist yet for other meds, but i suppose thats next. feel better.
Hey Ivyandoreo, sorry to hear you are in an episode, but please hang in there it will pass!  Take it day by day, and even hour by hour if you have to.  I've had Anxiety, severe Panic Attacks, and Depression and ADHD for as long as I can remember.  It starts with the heart racing, or worse, it feels like it stops beating.  Usually for me it's triggered by some change in lighting, like driving through the woods and the little flashes of sunlight between the leaves of trees... I start thinking about driving off the road and hitting something.  I had a car wreck once in the snow, and now it's like a PTSD theme or something.  Matter of fact, with help of my therapist I've found all my "triggers" are related to past traumas - a messy divorce, getting fired, etc.  If I dig deeper I find that my Anxiety and ADD symptoms usually contributed to or CAUSED these events!  Had I known, or rather had I friends and family that understood my symptoms as much as the folks on these message boards (thank GOD for these folks) then I would be running to the hospital every day and I would not have the productive life I live today.  That said, this past May I had my most severe episode ever and it's August now and I'm just now starting to "normalize."  I was hole up in my bed almost a month, but was able to dig out with Faith, encouragement from others, and some good therapists.  Step 1 is find God, because honestly without Him I have nothing.  Step 2 is find support, which you have here in the oddest place among strangers.  Get a therapist also right away.  Step 3 rule out medical causes.  Get the MRI, you'll feel better when you know you're "healthy."  Step 4 is where you come in: find a "worry place" like a porch swing or something - NOT your bed - and repeat when you feel anxious - IT'S NOT IMMEDIATELY LIFE THREATENING - IT'S NOT MY FAULT - THIS TOO SHALL PASS.  Forgive yourself for feeling this way, it's o.k. there are bazillions of us out here that have the EXACT same problem and we're still here and so you will be too.  If you need meds to take the edge off, that's fine.  Don't feel guilty or that you are "insane" or something horrible of yourself.  Forgive and let go.  If you have these issues around the same time of day, or while doing similar activities while driving, don't avoid them face them and dig into why you feel this way.  There is a reason, and it will be in your past somewhere.  Sit in your worry spot and think about something happy, or just quiet your thoughts and think of nothing, or pick up a book or THE BOOK and just start in the middle somewhere.  The answers are out here, just random, like finding money on a sidewalk.  But you have to pull yourself together and start walking to find them.  Then, step 5, help others who feel the same.  The saying is, God doesn't waste a hurt.  Learn from it, lest you be consumed by it.  Be renewed!  Good luck to you and know that you are not alone, my prayers are with you friend.
SSRIs, SNRIs, and MAOIs treat depression and panic attacks, and anxiety disorders like GAD.  The benefit is they temporarily relieve the symptoms.  The downside is it takes several trials of the different meds to find one that works and doesn't do more damage with side-effects.  Look at your main issue and trace it back... example: I have ADD and struggle with focus on reading a book, following instructions, or meeting deadlines.  I lose interest in relationships, activities, and work.  I sense this and it get's me depressed, then I worry and become anxious, then get more depressed and it's even harder to focus and then come the panic attacks.  Probably you have something similar, right?  Taking the SSRI will help with the depression and anxiety, but it could make the ADD and the focus issues worse because now that you are not depressed, you won't get anxious and eventually won't care that you are still missing deadlines and hurting relationships.  When I take ADD meds it increases my anxiety and my mind races and I can't sleep, but it fixes the focus issues.  So it's a double edged sword for most of us.  What you can do is take these sparingly, when you have severe episodes, and pair that with some good cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) from a psychiatrist.  You need to get control of this and not submit to it.  Some folks get cancer, some have autoimmune disease, some lose limbs.  We have anxiety, ADD, or depression A.K.A. mental disease and we just have to learn to live with it and not let it take over.  It's not as easy as taking a pill like it's a virus or something.  I wish it was!  Anyways good luck if you choose to go on meds, there are a lot out there and many work really well just remember to pair them with some therapy for maximum benefit.
Wow, what a RELIEF.  I literally thought I was going insane because of these symptoms that you guys are also experiencing..  

Sometimes my eyes will open up and close by itself which caused me to freak people out when making eye contact haha.

My eyes are also extra sensitive to light and very crappy at night which cause me even more anxiety.

It ***** because I used to be so confident but now this anxiety is causing me so much depression and it's taking over my life - literally.
Like I feel like I'm being possessed by this monster =\

I'm only 19 and I feel like I'm losing control of my bodily functions and also my mind..

Does anyone else get a flushed face feeling as if you are blushing that causes anxiety? I have been getting this and IT *****.

I will be going to a psychiatrist soon to get checked up because it's really affecting my personality and life.
My left vision works weird these days but not frequently attimes its happening...i dont know how to explain...i mean i can see through left eye but not a clear view where my right vision is perfectly alright, when i close my left eye instead of being full black background...i see a silver or white waves and also when i try to read wit my right eye closed..i am able to read but  with little stress..feeling like something is blocking my full clear view of left eye..at tat time i feel uncomfortable to continue using laptop or watching TV...tat bright background on the screen seems to disturbing left eye, so ill go and get some rest like lay for few minutes closing my eyes...aft tat my vision getting alright....WHY IS THAT HAPPENING COULD ANY ONE SAY PLEASE
Everyone who commented on the board myself to is experiencing these same feelings and emotional attacks. I would say to that I believe them to be spiritual and the best cure to getting over this a relationship with Jesus and trusting his word to have faith not of the world but of the spirit and with that you would overcome this fear of emotions. May God Bless all of you in this community...

I have been experiecing alot of the same symptoms that are posted here. Alot of thetime I feel detached,almost like I not living in reality. I have trouble focusing and my eyesight is blurry. The worst symptom is the tightness in my chest and throat. I have about 5 "so-called" panic attacksover the last 2 years. Of the 5 I went to the ER twice. All blood work and chest xrays came back normal. I had a complete cardiac work up and had an event monitor for 2 months and nothing was found. I am mother to 3 young kids and want allof this to go away. I really don't know what is happening to me and want all of this to go away. This has been cosuming my life now for three years. I feel NOONE understands the symtoms (symptoms) I have and as a result I feel helpless. Can anyone offer any advice?
Do you still have these attacks?
Do you still have symptoms?  I would like to hear from you......sounds like me!!!
Wow I love this forum!!! I found out I had a slight case of anxiety about 6 years ago where I would breath fast and then feel as if I could not breathe. Now 6 years later married with a very active 3 year old in November 2012 I went to the emergency room for rapid heart beat and constantly shaking and shallow breathing. Heart rate was 135  ( normal 60-80) with somewhat normal blood pressure. Thought I was going to die. Doctors could not findanything so they sent me home on antibiotics cause I had a slightly high white blood cell count, 6 weeks later and still trying to find out whats wrong. Tingling hands and shaking with heavy head. Light handedness, not being able to focus did every blood test, visitedan ENT and finally visited a neurologist who kept smiling and kept saying my next step might be a therapist. Said I seemed stressed. He gave me a referral for an MIR but said he does not think anything is wrong but just to give me a piece of mind.
After finding this site and realizing that there are actually people with symptoms like me I have found a little peace! I worry about everything I can't shut my brain up! If someone sneezes I swear I will get some disease and die. I swear I had cancer in every part of me at some time and every cold or flu I get I think he worse. Having a 3 year old has also made me worry about very cough or sneeze.
I have dug into myself since finding his site and with lots if prayer and trusting that God won't give us more than we can handle once we trust him. I have actually felt alother better. I actually did not burst into tears and shaking and rapid heart beat for 2 days in the last 6 weeks.
I know it will not get better overnight but I am wiling to do what it takes. Next thing is to start an exercise regiment. Trying to go to bed early and gte 8 hours and eat on time and be healthier. Work work work WE CAN GET OVER THIS!!!!

Did u recover from this face and if yes, then how long it takes you to recover?

I am also suffering from the same symptons 6 months ago and undergone all the tests including Brain MRI etc. but thanks god all reports come negative.

please reply.
Hi everyone!

I have had the same feelings as you are. I've been experiencing this things since December. I woke up one night feeling that something was flowing inside my head and it scared me a lot. I never were able to sleep straight after that. In the morning I felt like I was floating and there is a pressure in my head.  My head was heavy and my heart feels heavy too. When I go to sleep  I would be awakened by the feeling that I'm gonna fall and I'm floating(doctor says they're called seizures which we experience sometimes). After a couple of days I felt better but the heavy head and the pressure in it is still there. I was able to manage the feeling for a couple of weeks  until one day I had this feeling of restlessness, my heart palpitates, and the heavy feeling in the head is ruling over me. I cannot express strong emotions and I feel like I just want to lay down all the time because of the heavy feeling in my head and heart. When I look around my eyes seem to unfocus and everything seems like moving. I cannot look at to bright things and i get dizzy if get to be exposed on bright objects. There are few pains that I feel in my skull area where the heavy and hard feeling is. This feelings caused me very bad feelings and toothaches. this feelings really worried me. I tried to take Jovia for anti anxiety but the first time i took it I didn't like the effect because I feel very tired and my heart palpitates more. This feeling of pressure too in my head as if my nerves are the reason of it. Sometimes I would just feel that something is crushed together inside my head but I don't feel pain. It worries me a lot. I would like to have a complete check up for whats happening to me but I don't have the money to support the finances. I just had a check up with a doctor and he says it might be anxiety or depression. Please help some things that I could do to get over it. I'm just at home and I want to know things that I could do while I'm home. I'm really losing interest with things. Thank you! GODBLESS YOU ALL!
Just to let you know this thread is 5 years old and ignored by most people who are trying to help others. There are so many people involved in old threads and so much inforamtion, that most people will not be interested in reading pages of posts to get through it all. There is nothing wrong with posting to this old thread or reading it however if you want to, because the problems are as applicable now as then, (or something like that, lol).

If however you are looking for help, it is best to start your own thread, and readers will be able to focus and respond to your questions/situation.
24 female.. Reading through all of these has made me feel so much better. I thought I was the only one suffering. I felt so alone and isolated all the time.. I have all the above symptoms, had my bloods done, eyes tested and ECG.. All fine apart from the ECG, nothing to serious but having to go for a Eco.. I have an irregular heart beat.. Been prescribe beater blockers which have helped and only had another episode/panic attack since.. All started when I had a racing heart one night and thought I was dying (obviously wasnt).. Diagnosed with anxiety but kept pushing for more tests as u kno urself when somethin isn't right.. But now I can't seem t shift this heavy throbbing head which makes me feel like am not on this planet :/.. Frustrating is it! Eco next Tuesday so fingers crossed.. I had a little giggle reading through these, as it was such a relief :) thank you.
I wake up everyday feeling like any second I'll die,I always make it through the day and will tel myself its just luck and the next day is my day to die,I'm not currently on any medication and don't like the idea of taking medicatio,this is really scary for me and I'm not a happy person anymore and people don't seem to understand so I have no one to talk to,I'm fighting this battle alone and hate how I feel,is there anyone experiencing this
I am happy I have found this site.  This is really helpful and I realize I am not the only person going thru this.  I had my first panic attack about three weeks ago and everyday since then has been crazy.  I have the same heavy-headed feeling....I feel like my head keeps growing and I don't have any control to stop it.  I have done all the tests... seen about 7 doctors and now I have an appointment to do an MRI... so far all the tests have come back normal but I am not sure how to get it together.....
bring joy into your life.  find some hobby to relax you. be surrounded by happy people. watch comedy movies . meditate. And start to believe that you will solve the problem :)
Friends,

i read most of the comments and all of them are quite similar to mine.For me it started from a very much weird feeling."One day i was having my breakfast and i suddenly felt very unusual which i can explain.the feeling gave a me a little fear.
Slowly and gradually that feeling occurred frequently.One day when i had  30 ml drink,and i could not even bear the feeling.It was so terrifying,like something unusual has happened to me and i am not well.Friends i can not explain the feeling no words.

It even started getting worst.I thought my eyes had focussing problem.Went to opthalmologist, they said everything is ok.But i was not ready to beleive.I felt like i have cancer or some serious disorder.It just started worsening like that.
Slowly gradually i could not even think of drinking and now days i fear drinking still.But many times i tried but again the same phobia remained.

Every time i feel my head heavy,some thing unusual with my head,eyes.You know nonsense thinking.

I searched in internet.My all symptoms resembled with anxiety and fear.I was convinced to some extent.Some times the feeling just came like that and i had to run out of house to get some fresh air and hold my breathe in the night.

I could not share with any one.Felt like i am going mad.Shared with my wife she said she also had such feeling but i was not convinced.One day one of my friends shared with me that he is also having same kind of feeling  and he had to run out of his house in compromising position due to that feeling.I was then happy to know that this feeling is not so uncommon.I was so relieved that day.

that day onwards i knew  that it is a common thing and that gave me some strength against it.These days still i feel that but since i know that it is common and with a hope that it is temporary i am able to fight with it.

Hope will eradicate soon and will have good feelings soon.
One day I woke up with really bad vertigo. For the next several weeks I experienced almost all of the symptoms listed above. I recently had extensive bloodwork and physical down with excellent results. I eat really healthy, excersize at least 5x a week, non-smoker, non-drinker. I'm not stressed out or have feeling of anxiety. So when this started happening to me, I was a bit freaked out since I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. So after almost two weeks of having issues with my eyes focusing, heavy head feeling, slight vertigo throughout the day, I decided to try an alternative method of healing. Medicinal marijuanna. I smoked a little bit couple of hours prior to bed. I noticed that I slept better and was well rested the next morning. Also each day that I smoked, my symptoms started to slowly subside. After a week of smoking, I'm almost back to normal. I'm not trying to promote drug use, but after reading lots of articles online regarding marijuanna, I decided to try it and it worked for me.
Wow! im surprised so many have my symptoms.

5 weeks ago, I started with foggy brain, like there's a cloud over me.
tat went away after a week, then 2nd week till now heavy head and lightheadedness intensified in the 3rd/4th week,
then end of 4 th week, felt that heavy head is almost like gone, but lightheadedness persisted.
sometimes it feels like im gonna faint or if I got heavy head at the back of my head, then I would feel as if im being pulled backwards.

I visited my GP, and she just did 2 v simple tests,, walk straight and put both my hands up, and there was no tremor.

so she said, I dun have symptoms of brain tumor, cos I told her tats what I fear.
she said if im worried, I can get an MRI, just for peace of mind but she said dun waste money.
cos she said,"how many times you want to have MRI?"
if next year you have the same symptoms again,, you 're gonna do again??

so, I thought it was kinda logical.
But im mighty surprised if stress/ anxiety can give out such symptoms, and it was quite constant,, except when I 'm sleeping.

and I dun feel im very stressed, only bcos this has been going for weeks, I started to worry from 2nd week only.

so, im thinking when will all these go??

My dad told me go exercise more, cos im sedentary and a computer potato, and he said the way I sit was terrible, so I changed my sitting position just few days ago.

But im not tat on for real exercise, but I do more stretching and bending and deep breathing.

I also notice few days back I have hissing in the ears, and more prominent if I tilt my head backwards, or in a quiet room.
Not sure it was there all long or I just discover it??

also yesterday I actually felt better , had some moments of "normality",, cos a guy prayed for me,, BUT after I massage my neck on my massage chair, I got some headace n lightheadedness tat made me freaked out.

I thought to make my blood circulate better,,but it ended up worse, the feeling subsided in abt 10min tho.

But then this morning I woke up, not so good either, and in the afternoon, I felt the back of my head so heavy like im gonna fall backwards.

So, I dunno what to think, but reading this forum made me feel more relaxed.

I was crying before I found tis site.

oh yes, years back, 1 GP told me I may have or have Meniere's disease, cos I had vertigo when I turned my head. she did say occasionally the giddiness will return.
But I have head spinning all along when I lie on the bed if I turn my head to the right,, but then not always.

but this lightheadedness im having now is not dizziness, I dun see thgs spinning, but like floating or imbalance,, though I can still walk straight and dance etc.
I have gone through all your comments and noticed that every body have missed one thing that morning when you are getting up you do  sneezing and you should have running nose for a minute.IF you do not feel like this,it means your cold and sneezing nerve is jammed and you  have to have artificial cold and running noes by moving in open field and having cold water.
I suffered with this problem and now I am ok.
Best of luck.
Z.I.SIDDIQUI
thank u very much brother ,,,i feel better from ur words...........thnx lot
I encourage you all to start a new thread.  Often times, when you post on an older thread, it gets skipped over, as most responders will only look at the newer ones.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71

Thanks!
I'm so glad I found this post! I have been going through the exact same thing!! The heavy head/ brain fog, tired, weird almost distorted vison but I also get what I can only describe as clogged ears and a hum in my right ear sometimes and sinus pain. It is amazing what anxiety can do to the body and mind. I have had bouts of anxiety sinse I was 17 and I am now 31. All of the "head symptoms" are new to me so I'm glad I'm not alone here.  :)
you should talk to a real doc. take medication. it will help. living in fear is no fun.
like you I don't believe in medicine, but I had no choice, after medicine and exercise, things getting better for me.
need find a real good doc and find good medicine start with low dosage.
Hello Iv recently found out that I suffer from anxiety.
In August, out of the blue I started having a panic attack, since then I felt odd now abs again (little dizzy) but for two weeks now, I have felt dizzy neasua, heavy headed, at time felt very sick but have not been and a uncomfortable chest feeling. Through out the whole day more than less I will feel scared and anxious. I am scared for the worse case Scenario, I feel  I'am unlucky in life which freaks me out. But I don't know what to do. I just can't seem to relax and be happy and normal.
Hello
I can honestly say I agree, when a rusty starts
And you feel the worst like you are the unlucky one
You are dying. And it scares you to a whole new
Level.
I am new to anxiety, the last two weeks have made
Me so unhappy I constantly feel out of focus and
Not relaxed. It's so hard to control and hard not
To worry.
I never knew how common this was.
I posted my own topic

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Migraines--Headaches/24-7-head-pressure-/show/2031291#post_9600809

However maybe this is anxiety, I really don't know. I had a hellish 2 years 6 months ago could it be hitting me now?

This heavy head is destroying my life.
My main worry is I've never had feeling depressed or worried have any effect on me physically before and I don't have any problems with my chest or heart beat. It's just this constant daily 24/7 pressure heavy feeling in my head that I think about non stop and keep googling what it can be.

Sleep is so hard to get and when I do I keep waking up constantly and having dreams related to my head as its all I think about.

I exercise 5 days a week and have a happy life with a fiancé and new house with zero worries now....well just this feeling in my head. I'd understand it if it happened 6 months ago but not now when life was great?

Don't want medication as I hate taking pills, I just don't think they can solve problems deep down.

I'm only 26, stuff feeling like this for the rest of my days, my loved ones deserve better than listen to me moan constantly about something that they can never understand since to look at I look normal and healthy.
Hi there I have all the same things you have had. I have been experiencing this for a few years and doesn't seem to go away. I really need to talk to someone that has these same issues. It scares me a lot and interferes with my life. I am even scared sometimes to go to work because of this. Please contact me to talk if you can. I feel dizzy, sometimes even faint I really get the off balance symptoms the most. I am scared to go to stores due to embarrassment if i fall which I never have yet but just the idea.
Exactly the same here i havent been diognosed with anxitey but i do think i have it i keep thinking im seriously ill my head feels so heavy and weird also my eyes feel heavy too, i sometimes have chest pain etc and feel faint. I also feel really drained etc. also panic attcks an i keep thinking omg im ill im gonna die etc but its just really weird. But its only anxiety the best way to forget it is do something to take your mind off it, its scary and that but you need to try and be positive thats what iv been told to do and actually while im typing this my head feels as though its gonna drop off but i know its just anxiety. Horrible thing to have isnt it.
Hi I've just been dignosed with anxiety it's got ton so bad that it was stopping me from doing things I once enjoyed Iive been having awful neck and head pain for the last few weeks and was just wondering if anybody can help me is this due to the anxitey or something else?  
I suggest trying acupuncture - I suddenly was overcome by severe panic attacks 1-2 times per day and high anxiety, and a mixture of Acupuncture, Chiropractor, and Vitamin B Complex helped.. along with some support from family and close friends, I absolutely feel like I am on the road to recovery.

I suggest trying acupuncture before going on medicine - it helps!
where to do accupenture frnd . in palm?? plz help
Hi, just want to tell you that many of the symptoms you describe can be the result of an inner-ear disorder. There are relatively few medical practices that truly understand these disorders, but to begin, you can look on the VEDA web site, vestibular.org. I have just joined the fundraising board for this organization, which serves as a hub for many different countries because there is so little information disseminated worldwide. The three places I know of who are experts in the USA are: The Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins in Maryland, and Dr. Steenerson (ENT) who works with Gaye Cronin (OT) in Atlanta. They gave me the first proper diagnosis after three years of being told to go to psychiatrists. Mine was the result of a car accident, but there are many different causes for inner-ear disorders. The conundrum is, does anxiety cause the symptoms, or do the symptoms cause the anxiety. It's yours to ponder and investigate. Best, Deborah
Her last post on MH was 6 years ago so I doubt she will be reading this.
You made me feel much better because I had the same and they said its anxiety they even put me on depressants but im scared to drink it because of the side efects
:( I WISH I COULD SE HER EMAIL ADDRESS
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!!
I NEED TO BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU WHATS UR EMAIL ADDRESS LOLREAD UR STORY LIKED IT LOL I AM THE SAME!
Her last post on MH was 5 years ago so I doubt she will be reading this. Also giving your email to a stranger carries risks.
HI PHIL:

EVER FIND OUT WHAT YOUR PROBLEM WAS?? I SUGGEST GOING TO AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST AND GETTING A THYROID AND ADRENAL WORKUP. IF CORTISOL IS LOW OR THYROID HORMONES ARE LOW AND OTHER HORMONES ARE LOW OR HIGH, INSIST ON AN MRI WITH GANDOLINIUM OF THE PITUITARY GLAND IN YOUR BRAIN. I SEE ALL THESE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT ANXIETY.... THATS A DANGEROUS ASSUMPTION AT TIMES AND A LAZY DIAGNOSIS BY THE DOCTOR WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG AND JUST DECIDE TO SAY ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF FIGURING OUT WHATS GOING ON. I HAD MRIs OF MY BRAIN FOR 7 YEARS BEFORE FINALLY!! AFTER MY INSISTING, I GOT THE RIGHT TYPE OF MRI... AND THERE IT WAS... BAM! A TUMOR ON MY PITUITARY. THEY ARE VERY VERY SMALL, MEASURED IN MM, SO THEY CANNOT BE SEEN WITHOUT THAT VERY SPECIFIC DYE AND VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF MRI... YOUR SUDDEN LOSS OF SIGHT, VERTIGO, FATIGUE.... SYMPTOMS OF A PITUITARY ADENOMA... BUT.... SYMPTOMS OF MANY OTHER THINGS TOO SO DONT WORRY.... BUT.... RULE IT OUT, OR RULE IT IN, AND TEST FOR ALL ELSE BEFORE YOU CALL IT "ANXIETY". IM A NURSE, STUDYING FOR NURSE PRACTITIONER SO YOU CAN TRUST MY ADVISE. BE CAREFUL ON THESE WEBSITES WHERE PEOPLE MEAN WELL, BUT THIER ADVISE CAN BE DANGEROUS OR EVEN LIFE THREATENING AT TIMES! NEVER NEVER FOLLOW THE ADVISE OF A NON MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. JUST READ, LISTEN AND ASK A DOCTOR WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE ADVISE FIRST. REMEMBER, SEE A DOCTOR SPECIALIST CALLED AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST. GET THESE BLOOD TESTS RUN: TSH, T4, T3, AM CORTISOL (BEFORE 9am!),  GRH, TESTOSTERONE, ESTROGEN AND PROLACTIN.  NO EATING OR DRINKING BUT WATER AFTER MIDNIGHT THE PM BEFORE LABS = FASTING! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR A TRUE PROLACTIN LEVEL.  AND..... CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE. IS IT LOW?  IS IT HIGH?
AFTER THE LAB RESULTS ARE READY, GO BACK TO THE LAB YOU GAVE BLOOD OUT AND ASK TO SIGN A "MEDICAL RELEASE" TO GET A COPY OF THE RESULTS.  MOST PITUITARY ADENOMAS SECRETE PROLACTIN IN HIGH AMOUNTS, SOME GROWTH HORMONE AND SOME DONT SECRETE MUCH AT ALL, MAKING ALL YOUR HORMONE LEVELS LOW. SO, GO STRAIGHT TO GO AS THEY SAY IN MONOPOLY GAME AND GET THIS MYSTERY SOLVED..... IT TOOK ME MANY YEARS TO SOLVE MY MYSTERY AND WHEN I FIND OTHERS THAT SHARED THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS ME, I ALWAYS SHARE INFO WITH THEM TO GO GET THIS CHECKED OUT... IT ONLY TAKES ONE DR VISIT PLUS A FOLLOW  UP AFTER YOUR LABS ARE DONE AND IF LABS ARE ABNORMAL, A 40 MINUTE MRI OF PITUITARY USING GANDOLINIUM DYE.... GOOD LUCK! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT! AND REMEMBR!! DONT FREAK OUT! ITS JUST A POSSIBILITY. AND, STUDIES SAY OVER 25% OF THE POPULATION HAVE THESE AND DONT KNOW IT! MANY PEOPLE HAVE NO SYMPTOMS AND OTHERS DO. IT JUST DEPENDS WHERE ON THE PITUITARY ITS GROWING AND WHAT ITS PRESSING ON. MINE IS PRESSING UPWARDS TOWARDS THE OPTIC CHIASM AND OPTIC NERVES, SO I ALSO OCCAISSIONALLY LOSE EYESIGHT, THEN AFTER I WALK AROUND A FEW HOURS, INFLAMMATION GOES DOWN AND MY SIGHT COMES BACK. CAN PRESS ON OTHER NERVE TO CAUSE VERTIGO OR JUST CAUSE MIGRAINES AND PRESSURE.  HOPE YOU DONT HAVE ONE, BUT HOPE YOU CHECK. GOOD LUCK!
FYI...  A LESSON FOR ALL WHO SEES THIS:

CT SCANS ARE PRIMARILY TO FIND AREAS OF BLEEDING... AS IN A STROKE

MRIs WITH SPECIAL DYES (GANDOLINIUM) , SPECIAL SETTINGS (MS PROTOCOL), OR CLOSE UPS OF AREAS (PITUITARY, INNER EAR) ARE USED FOR TUMORS OR OTHER SOFT TISSUES (TENDONS, LIGAMENTS) MOST TUMORS MAY NOT BE SEEN IF THE MRI IS DONE WITHOUT DYE. IT MUST BE DONE WITH AND WITHOUT DYE AS THE TUMOR WILL ABSORB THE DYE MARKER AND APPEAR MORE VISIBLE ON THE FILMS. A PITUITARY GLAND TUMOR WILL BE MISSED ALL TOGETHER UNLESS DR ORDERS MRI WITH GANDOLINIUM DYE AND A CLOSE UP OF PITUITARY GLAND AS THEY ARE VERY VERY SMALL.

XRAYS ARE FOR BONES, TENDONS, JOINTS, ETC.

JUST A NOTE TO YOU AND ALL! I HOPE EVERYONE SEES THIS AND LEARNS ABOUT THIS! ITS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW! A LOT OF PEOPLE GET FALSE SECURITY THINKING I HAD THIS XRAY ONCE, SO IM ALL CLEAR.... NEVER GIVEUP IF YOU HAVE STRANGE SYMPTOMS! AND ALWAYS READ AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT TESTS YOU MAY NEED AND INSIST THAT THE DOCTOR ORDER ALL TESTS! ITS YOUR BODY! ITS YOUR LIFE! MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERYTHING.... AND IF YOU DONT GET AN ANSWER REPEAT AND/OR CHECK FURTHER FOR OTHER POSSIBILITIES.  I KNOW PEOPLE THAT SPENT 7 - 10 YEARS! BEFORE THEY GOT A DIAGNOSIS FOR A RARE TYPE OF ONE DISEASE.... UNBELIEVABLE HOW MANY DOCTORS WILL GIVE UP OR BURN OUT ON YOU TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT! BUT IF YOU ARE SICK (YOU KNOW YOUR BODY) DONT GIVE UP! Go from doctor to doctor if you must. BUT DONT GIVE UP EVERYONE!
Phil and Mik haven't posted since 2009 so I don't think they will get your message.
people who feels that their right brain is heavy is because your left brain is more active than right part. If you want to activate right brain just buy this book"Tony Buzane-the power of creative intelligence" dont overthink on this problem it is a minor problem.
This is so reassuring. Thanks s0 much!
26 years ago my problem started, i just started my new job and everything was going well. bam i woke up one day and felt weird, started the doctor thing which led to ent for all the ear tests,then nuerologist for brain scan then more ear dr's more nuerologists, the weird feeling led to scared feelings which manifested to panic attacks all while trying to keep my new job. finally after a few years of just getting by everyday i got an arrythmia,ah finally a real symptom. as bad as it was i finally had something that was real,eventually my mind came off the other heavy headed feeling  as it lessened. i finally got very used to that feeling that i new it would go away after a while and next day id be fine,but always was afraid to do certain things,promotions etc,.in the last 10 years ive been tolerating it well,a couple of beers would even help a lot until about a month ago things started coming back with a vengance, i am, back to square one all over,dont know what to do
10356 commented on somehow ....
1 hr ago
10356 commented on realjimmy's status
1 hr ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...