Anxiety Community
Help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Help?

I've been having an ongoing issue with what I feel is anxiety. Over the past couple of years I've had "panic" attacks but they just keep getting worse. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a feeling of tightness in my chest and it just rapidly gets worse from there, dizzy, faint, the left side of my body goes numb, neck tingling, shaking, and heart palpitations. I just try to calm myself down but I have had no luck lately. Does anyone know any helpful tips? Why is it getting worse? I just made a trip to the emergency room because of how bad it's been getting, they diagnosed me with musculoskeletal chest pain and sent me on my way. I remember when this first started happening the doctor also described something similar but said I had pulled a muscle in my chest wall. Could this be the reason I feel like this? I need some advice.
What you're describing does sound like panic attacks. I would recommend seeing your family Dr for a check up though to find out why you've had the chest wall pain. I do know that many of us that have anxiety also have muscle pain in different areas of our bodies at times. Do see your Dr for a check up. If it's nothing physical then you may want to think about seeing a therapist to find out why you're having panic attacks. Are you under alot of stress with your job, work, children, anything you can think of?
Your mention of only one side of your body going numb is particularly alarming, and could indicate something serious going on neurologically.  Please go see a doctor for that, and the rest, too.  Blessings - Blu
Well it always starts with my left side and then if the attack gets worse it will spread. I've been to the doctors numerous times and they always tell me that everything is fine with me health wise which leaves me to wonder how can I feel this way? I can't even sleep cause the pain I feel in my chest but my EKGs and blood work and x rays are all fine it's crazy. And I am a little stressed over work but I've always struggled with this :(
If you're under a lot of stress that can cause the symptoms you're having.
You don't say what age you are but if you're close to 40, or over, you may want to think about a stress test. I don't think it's heart related but I'm not a Dr and can't say for sure.
Anxiety has a very long list of possible symptoms and you do have some of them. It's best to rule everything else out though and if it's nothing physical then it may be time to see a therapist.
10356 commented on Pat1956100's status
specialmom, and TinaR10 commented on Shannon79's status
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...