Anxiety Community
Help Im Going Crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Help Im Going Crazy

I keep having these awfull feelings. out of the blue i feel like my chest is tight like i cannot get eniugh air in i start to sweat all over mostly hands and feet feel like i need to getout of where i am or go the hospital think i am goin to dietiht throught feel dizzy and hot.. The after a while i feel ok again,,,  i have has so many heart checks and blood tests all fine i think im going crazy how do i stop this it happens nearly every day now sometomes twice a day argggh
I go through the same thing every day. Every day I feel like im going to die and every day I don't then I go through the same thing the next day. Its really fustrating. My problem is that I get that "got to get out of here" feeling but i have a problem that most people don't have. I get this feeling like water is running through my head or maybe I'm bleeding inside my head. Except its cold and I don't feel any pain just a sense of doom and then I get the normal feelings of anxiety. I only really feel it when im in an uncomfortable situation like school or like going to take the Sat or just when im just feeling bad its a really horrible feeling. I too have gotten several blood tests and an MRI on my head. Everthing came back Ok except for low vitamin D and overactive thyroid. THis all can be the reason for my problem but whatever it is is terrifying. I hope that the fact that im struggling just as you are and still in the fight encourages you to keep fighting and just be.
sound like just anxiety attacks  unless you have asthma  however your blood sugar and thyroid should be checked!!!
Hi i have had my blood sugar and thyroid checked they are fine. heart is structuarly normal.. take beta blockers for ectopics thats about it healty.. But these attacks are horrble.. just out of the blue chest tight sweating breathing to much or to little,, arg ihate it.. it lasted for half a hour till i got in my house and it calmed down.
Hi, what you are feelings is exactly like my wife's experience. it is without a doubt an anxiety attack. Please remember that no matter how strong the sensations can be, it is actually harmless and can be cured.  Check out this blog on ocd at www.ocdnomore.blogspot.com. I have learned a  lot from it that I am now able to overcome my ocd.
You are not going crazy.  It does sound like you have anxiety.  I am not a dr so I can't say for sure but if you have had tests and they all came back negative for anything else then I would say yes it is anxiety.

Please know you are not alone.  I experience the same sensations you are talking about and it is so unpredictable.  I have no idea when it is going to hit me.

You can overcome this but you have to get to the bottom of what is causing your anxiety.  I would suggest that you start by seeing a psychatrist.  Sometimes it is just nice to have that outlet and talking to someone who understands and isn't going to judge you can be extremely helpful.  Together you and your psychatrist can figure out a treatment plan that works for you and start to get to the bottom of what is causing your anxiety.

Also you might want to try and keep a journal.  Just getting some of those feelings that you have built up inside out is a relief.  Make sure you are eating healthy and getting enough sleep and exercise.

This forum is a great support system.  Everyone has been there in one way or another so please keep posting.  Keep us posted on your progress.  
Sorry I meant to make my post to macca2010130.
6 years ago i suffered panic attack followed by depression in which i tried a couple off times to take my own life ,,i got over that came off all medication only now ive started with anxiety attack although i know they wont kill me it doesnt stop me worring, strange though cox at the moment my life is quite good ive got a gud job no money worries as such, kids are ok etc so im a bit confused why i suddenly started in aug with anxiety attacks the only thing i can think off is the sudden death off my father june 09, i just wish they wud go i seem to have a few gud days and a few bad :(
Jade59, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
10 mins ago
Jade59, and 10356 commented on Jade59's status
30 mins ago
Catlover2503 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker