Help. Teenager + Twitching in arms, legs, and head.
Hey. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm a 16 year old male. Good health. Eat healthy, but have my fair share of junk food. Im 5 7 and 158 pound. I started have a lot of muscle spasms in my arms. Then my arms just twitch all the time. There fairly spread out. Id say about 5 minutes apart. Latley my legs have started along with my neck. I still have yet to make a Dr. Appointment because it dosnt seem that seriouse.  Also when i yawn my entire upper body shakes and I have what my doctor called anxiety attacks where i randomly, ligit for no reason, start to shake wicked bad, breath very fast, feel my body get extremly hot. Im not sure if anything seriouse is happening. Can anyone give me advice or attempt to diagnose something?
Ohh. Also ive been having an extremly stressful year. My parents finnally got divorced. My dads been a major jerk. But, he just got 2-5 years for his 5 DUI.
Anxiety can do crazy stuff to your body....I just started feeling what anxiety can do to you I ended up in the ER twice in one week thinking I was dying.....I also get twitches in my legs but that comes with the whole attack I probably get those like 5-10 min after an actual attack....I get them in my calfs my upper thigh my chest sometimes in my face....I swear I have a tumor or something....But I would reccomened you speak with a doctor to make you feel at ease....Stress is amazing and can do all sorts of things!! My husband is overseas and is suppose to be retuning in 2 weeks or less. But I would say it is most likely Anxiety, but I am no profesional....so see a doctor :)
Good luck I hope things get better with you and just keep looking at the positive of life.
Can't tell you if it's anxiety, but it might also be something interfering with magnesium absorption or a lack of magnesium in your diet or too much calcium, which creates a magnesium imbalance.  Magnesium is responsible for relaxing the muscles and such.  Something easy and safe to try is to take a magnesium citrate supplement of at least 400mg and see if it helps.