Help about Teenage Depression?
Well, I am a 12 year old girl and I think I might be suffering from depression. I've been told I look and act alot older then I am. But last year a week or so before my birthday. I got the courage to go to my school conselar and I told her that I cut myself. I didn't didnt do it to deep or long enough to leave scars but, just enough that my friends were worried over me, thought that I needed help. My school conselar then told my parents about it. Then after that day my dad never really talk or cared about it really. One secound I could be fine and then the next sad I dont know why. I dont really talk or make to much commucation with other students and barely teachers. I cant seem to focus anymore in class. Im cant ever sleep anymore as easy. I dont eat so much as I use too. I try to hide from my friends and everybody at school but sometimes it gets to hard todo. I dont have as much energy as I use to. My Bestest friend down the street I dont even go see her anymore. I always feel like I am doing something wrong. I always get these engery rushs I like to call them and like get so hyper. I lose conetraction in things. Im get so lost in things. I am always get easily bored. I just lost all interst in what I do I mean somethings I still have fun from much not much....I want to get help and get this dianosed by a doctor or something. But I just dont know how to tell my dad. One time a long time ago I talked to him about it and, he just said it is a part of being a teenager. I am always like no it isn't it can't be. I've been looking up teenage depression and takeing the self test. What can I do to get help? Any adivce? Do I need to slip a note to my school conselar about this? Want do I need todo? I like only 12 I just can't decide anymore. Help me ASAP? Sorry for mis-spelling things. Thanks
Hi!  I'm so sorry you are going thru this at such a young age.  I think you should put all this in a letter to your dad, often when we read something we truly hear what it is saying.  As parents we sometimes don't want to accept that our child could have a problem, it's scary for us too, but not fair to you.  I think another attempt to make your dad realize just how bad this is affecting you is needed.  Often it's difficult to say everything that needs to be said, and you can pour your heart out in a letter and this he will hear and absorb.  Seeing what you are feeling in writing will make him realize that he needs to help you with this.  If this should not work, write a note to your counselor asking for help with this.  Your dad needs to take you to a professional regarding this, and let him know in your letter that this is what you want and need.  I think it's very mature for you to realize at 12 that you need help here, and it will show your dad and/or your counselor that you are very serious.  Stay with us for so we can talk about this, we all understand and care.  Write that letter to your dad, and let's see what happens.  If you copy what you wrote here, for your letter, it would be perfect!  Big hugs to you, it will be okay.
Thanks I will try to do this
One way to ease into it, besides the idea of writing the letter to your dad, is to request a physical by your pediatrician; your dad will probably be willing to do that, and then once you are there, really lay it on the line with the pediatrician and say exactly what you have said here and that you think you really need a counselor to talk to.  Your dad might listen to the pediatrician say this to him more than he will listen to you.  I don't think what you are describing is "just part of being a teenager," when I was 12, I think I was pretty happy.  Sure, hormones can take you for a ride, but shouldn't take you for this much of a ride.
I don't have a pediatrician. The only time I went to a physical was when I went with my school so I could do sports if I ever wanted to. Is this bad?
You should have a pediatrician to treat you when you have health problems, and to get regular check-ups.  You've been healthy and that is great, but talk to your dad about finding you a pediatrician and like AnnieBrooks said take that opportunity to express to the doctor how you have been feeling, as I'm sure your dad will listen to the doctor.
I agree with the other posters suggestions.  The letter to your dad as well as finding a dr for you are probably the best ways to go.  You can also talk to your counselor about this.  

The fact that you realize you need help is great.  Most 12 year olds might not recognize they have a problem.

You also need to know that you are not alone and that you can get better.  Please keep us updated on your situation.

I hope you are able to get the help that you need and that you start feeling better soon....
Yes, I know I should. The problem is that my parents divorced when I was 5 years old.I see my moms some weekends and summer. Till 5th grade I lived with my mom then I moved to my dads because of school situations. Ever since then I lived with my dad and me and, him don't have a close connection.We don't get along, I live with him (dad) my brother and his friends which are here alot of the time. I just don't think this is going to work out. I talked to my mom over text I told her about this. She said there isn't much a doctor can do, but give you medication and she was like it was killing kids. Theres other treatments for this right. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life.....!!!!!! When ever I talk about this I always end up crying like I am now. Y'all just are such a big help!!! Thanks so much!!!
Not all treatments require medication.  I would suggest that if you think you can't really talk to your parents that you ask you school counselor to call a meeting with them.  I really think you should be seeing a therapist and your parents could meet with him/her as well so they can explain different treatment options.

Do you think it would be better if you were living with your mother?  Is that an option for you?   I know you said that you moved with your dad because of issues with school but if you would be happier/healthier with your mom you might want to consider moving back with her.

I am so sorry that you are in this situation.  
I agree. I do think that I will be better living with my mother but, I just don't know that I will be able to do that. I probaly can but, I would be home alone alot. I don't know if that would affect me? I just wish that I could get better!!!!!!:(:(
There's always help and your mother needs to be more involved in finding that help for you.  I agree with jul04 in getting your counselor, principal, what ever it takes to make your parents realize they need to pull together for your sake!  They need to get you to the proper doctor and getting the school involved will work. Your mother needs to be educated on other options of treatment for you. Write that letter right away and give it to your dad, get the ball rolling on this immediately.  Leave it for him to read when you know he can read it without interruption.  His reaction will tell you what you need to do next.  Stay with us, we'll help guide you with this until you get the help you need.  You will get better!!!!
Y'all are such a help to me....ummmm my dad's girlfriend is comeing over tonight. She is a nurse and, I could get her to read it. She can maybe talk dad about it???? Just the thing is I don't think that he is going to beileve me because of, the way I try to hide it so hard!! :(
How can he not believe you! If you would go to the lengths that you are going too to get help he will have to realize that you are serious.

I think you should give him the benefit of the doubt, he migh tsurprise you.  I think talking to his girlfriend who is a nurse is a good thing and it might help open his eyes alittle bit more.

Good luck tonight and let us know how you make out.....
I will do that making the note right about now. I will tell you later about tonight, thanks so much......
Good luck, honey.  I'm glad your dad's girlfriend is a nurse.  She should take you seriously and help your dad understand.
Well, tommorow after school she said that we might go somewhere tommorow to talk about it out the house......She cares!!!
I'm really pleased for you.  It helps so much to be taken seriously when dealing with a problem.