Anxiety Community
Help please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help please

Wow i never thort i wold be posting here again but i have just lost it all has been good for ages but this morning i woke up and had the erge to check my self for lymph nodes and i found some swollen ones ner my collerbone neck and stomach and ever sence then i keep thinking i have cancer/lymphoma i do not no what has happend i have been so good and i am still tacking my meds i am shiting my self i have cancer
Blank
480448_tn?1397235344
Hey there ricky.

As we've talked about before, anxiety is something most of us with anxiety disorders are stuck with for the long haul.  It's very common to have long periods of doing great, only to have the anxiety sneak back up on you.  

It's important to reemploy those coping mechanisms, whatever worked before, you do those things again.  Don't fall into those old habits of checking yourself, searching the web for symptoms, etc.  You have to be strong and resist the urge to do those things.  Those are the compulsions that keep you stuck in that cycle of "what iff-ing".  Time to maybe think about getting back into therapy too.  I cannot recall, did you do therapy before?  Look for a therapist well versed in CBT.

It's just a period of exacerbation.  You will likely always have those ups and downs,  If you can try to accept that some, it won't be as heartbreaking when you're faced with it.  It still stinks, but it's part of having a chronic anxiety disorder.  It never goes away and stays away...not from what I've seen.  

Hang in there...keep posting!  We're here for you!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
480448_tn?1397235344
Hey there ricky.

As we've talked about before, anxiety is something most of us with anxiety disorders are stuck with for the long haul.  It's very common to have long periods of doing great, only to have the anxiety sneak back up on you.  

It's important to reemploy those coping mechanisms, whatever worked before, you do those things again.  Don't fall into those old habits of checking yourself, searching the web for symptoms, etc.  You have to be strong and resist the urge to do those things.  Those are the compulsions that keep you stuck in that cycle of "what iff-ing".  Time to maybe think about getting back into therapy too.  I cannot recall, did you do therapy before?  Look for a therapist well versed in CBT.

It's just a period of exacerbation.  You will likely always have those ups and downs,  If you can try to accept that some, it won't be as heartbreaking when you're faced with it.  It still stinks, but it's part of having a chronic anxiety disorder.  It never goes away and stays away...not from what I've seen.  

Hang in there...keep posting!  We're here for you!
Blank
4205995_tn?1351173108
Thank it woes just one of them days dont no what happen just woke up with that feeling and it just got outta control but feeling much better to day  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
8379434_tn?1397855502
Blank
andrea_hemingway95 added the Weight Tracker
6 hrs ago
8379434_tn?1397855502
Blank
andrea_hemingway95 Eating popcorn yay! Comment
6 hrs ago
Blank
Blessedtb23 commented on Long standing dry mou...
8 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
remar
st. louis, MO
Blank
anxiety860