Anxiety Community
Helpful article/Biology of Anxiety
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Helpful article/Biology of Anxiety

As an anxiety victim, this article helped me immensely. It is quite long when you read all the parts together  (you navigate at the bottom of the article) but it explains alot of things I find helpful in learning to fight anxiety and panic.

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/biological-explanations-of-anxiety-disorders/

Good luck out there. We aren't alone in this.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Just want to say, this article aside, science still doesn't have the answer as to why anyone gets anxiety or depression.  Nor does everyone get the same symptoms.  Just wanted to say that so that anyone reading this type of thing won't get discouraged or invent symptoms.
Blank
I agree, but it's a good basis for general knowledge of what is going on biologically during anxiety. Science can't explain everything and everyone is very different, but there are still functions everyone's bodies have in common. I just personally found this helpful and wanted to share in case it helped anyone else.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
14 mins ago
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli My anxiety is through the r... Comment
7 hrs ago
587083 tn?1327123862
Blank
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
358304 tn?1409713092
Blank
na, MO
675718 tn?1449992146