Anxiety Community
Herbal or Natural Remedies to help Anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Short and sweet. Are there any herbal tablets or anything along that line that can help with mild anxiety?
I don't know if it would help you, but when I had my baby I was told Fish Oil Omega 3, they are said to help Depression & Anxiety. And since I can't take anything due to nursing that's what I take and it does help.
Hello there,

What i suggest to everyone along with natural remedies is simple. Healthy diet, exercise and relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or even yoga. Those are natural ways to fight anxiety

You can try medication like Seredyn and Serelax. They are made with the supplements i will list under. Basically it's a package deal of all the supplements in one bottle.

-Passionflower ( included in both Seredyn and Serelax )
-Kava ( included in Serelax )
-Valerian ( included in both Seredyn and Serelax )
-5-HPT ( included in Serelax )
-L-Theanine ( amino acid included in both Seredyn and Serelax )
-Niacinamide ( included in Seredyn )
-Magnesium Taurinate ( included in Seredyn )

You can also buy all the supplements individually and try to figure out by yourself what works best.

Omega-3 have proven to be good as mood lifter and stress reducer.

Physical activity and diet ( try looking for Green+ or SuperFoodRX to get the nutriments most of the people are lacking in their diet and consider multi-vitamins and minerals complex ) is critical in your fight against anxiety. I will list some food suggestion that are proven to reduce stress and anxiety.

-Yogurt
-Bananas
-Vegatables
-Wholegrain foods
-Brown rice
-Beans
-Turkey
-Chicken
-Cottage Cheese
-Skimmed milk or try replacing milk with soy milk
-Fresh fish
-Poached Egg
-Tuna
-Fruit
-Porridge
-Baked potato
-Peanut butter
-Garlic
-Spinach

Hope this will proves to be helpful for you and remember that it takes time to see improvement. The body needs to adapt to change untill you see the full benefits of your lifestyle habit changes and natural remedies.

Please consider that I'm not a doctor nor a nutritionist and you should see a doctor if you are really concerned.

Best regards,
M4
A good book that will give you a pretty good idea of the universe is Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist at UCLA.  But if the anxiety is mild, try some passionflower tincture and taurine, an amino acid, and holy basil to control cortisol and ashwagandha to support the adrenals.  Natural medicine is complicated, and recognize that everyone is different; if something you try doesn't work, try something else.  Seeing a naturopath is a good idea, as they can help in directing you to what fits your profile.  If you do consider the remedy above, my only caveat is including the amino acids 5htp and theanine in the formula with the herbs -- many herbs are best taken with food, while amino acids are best taken apart from food.  
I've had a lot of success with the following daily regimen:

L-theanine
magnolia bark
B-6
Vitamin C
Magnesium
Zinc
Fish oil

When it gets real bad, I take a shot of valerian and passion flower tincture.

It's not a perfect combination but I rather take these then the garbage scripts a doc writes out. Just saying...
mishymoshymarcy "Turn your desert of loneli... Comment
Amy4891 Doing better with my psycho... Comment
LuiLui_ added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms