Anxiety Community
Hermit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hermit

I would like to find out if anyone else has ever had what I experience. I love being alone at home. I worked at home for a company for 10 years successfully. Now I am not with them anymore and the thought of going into an office terrifies me. I would rather die than work in an office, that is how bad I feel. I don't like anyone getting too close to me, ie: knowing anything about me, because they usually use it against you at some time or another. I lvoe people, just not near me. What I mean is, I ahve a good heart and would do anything to help anyone....but if I am in a situation where I am not in control, like if I get a visitor, I am not in control when they go...I prefer to visit them, and usually stay for 10 mins then I'm gone.
Interesting post, actually you answered your own post, You like to be in "control", I think you will find alot of people here that can relate to that! I have not worked in 10 months, I really never have to work anymore, but I can't just sit at home, so I have been looking for a part time job (but with the hours I want) LOL, anyway I will find out this week if I got this job (in a Doctors office) I am not worried about doing the job , but more about, "WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS"!  " I AM STUCK HERE X AMOUNT OF HOURS", this is where I put my therapy (CBT) to work for me.  like I was told start out with baby steps and go from there, and remember you are all ways in control of what you want to do! try inviting someone over and after they get there, work on allowing yourself to remember you are all ways in control, and what is the worse that can happen? and then say , so what if it does happen! takes allot of work! gO FIND a job and move forward, because with Anxiety/Panic the longer we ignore, the harder it is.
Thank you so much for your reply. I forgot to mention, I get major panic attacks. I am takings meds for it, but they just happen wham out of the blue. This scares me that I will make a complete idiot of myself.
abi112233 commented on Unexplained tongue pr...
LovemyKids86 commented on cnj76's status
LovemyKids86 What a day, found out my ol... Comment