Anxiety Community
Hi!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi!!!

Hi, i am wondering if anyone has any information on what might be wrong with me, my dad passed away 6 years ago with cancer before then i never worried about nothing, but ever since i worry that the slighest wee twinge i feel is something soooo fatal, i cant help but wo ... [More] rrying myself over this and know sometimes that its nothing but cant help wondering what if!  im worried that now my family think im a hypercondriact, can anyone advise?

When someone close to you passes away you are always going to be sad,but then your mind starts playing tricks on you,i think its because we never expect it to happen to us or the ones we love,so when it does all sorts of emotions and feelings starts running through our minds.The slightest twinge ache or pain we think we must have what the other had,when in reality we are just anxious and stressed about it so our symptoms dont just persist they become worse,my advice would be to go to your doctors and ask about speaking to a specialist who deals with the loss of someone and to discuss your fear and anxiety over your fathers death.I am very sorry this has happened to you and i hope you find the help and strength to get you through this
I'm sorry about your dad, and you were so young to have to endure something as traumatic as this is! This is a big loss and often can lead to depression and/or anxiety.  You need to seek professional help before this snowballs out of control. Losing your dad I feel is impacting you now, and you need to address this.  You can become a hypocondriac which can consume you as you spend your life worrying instead of living it.  But there is help, and what you're going thru is very common so know you're not alone. Start journaling your feelings and thoughts about your dad, putting these feelings down on paper is a form of release for us, and it does help. Make an appt. to get started in therapy so you can learn not to obcess about your health. Sometimes there are things that are too big for us to handle on our own, and that's okay.  I wish you all the best and take care.
You got two great replies. I can offer some tips/techniques and some herbal tea recipe's, but the two replies you got, are great. Feel free to message me if you would like those tips/techniques and or recipes.
Dreamyone commented on A very inspiring colu...
19 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status