Anxiety Community
Hmmmm Anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hmmmm Anxiety?

Not sure where to start Last sept I woke up with an dizzy type feeling in 2011.. I had foot surgery on sept 30th 2011 They gave me the max on anethesia and my vision has been messed up ever since. I also still have the off feeling like a dizziness but to me not vertigo. Had MRI/MRA all normal all blood test have been normal except B12 was 286 and vit d was 25. They are both up now. I have been tested for Lymes and Lupus. I am just ready to feel good again Dr thinks I have bad anxiety. I also noticed in Febuary that when I squeeze things I shake in my arms and when I lift things I seem to shake no weakness however.. This shakiness drives me crazy my dr tells me not to worry about it so I lsten to him.. Anyway any input would be great.. Like further testing esc...I have not had a LP Neuro seems to see no reason as to why..

So 1 what could be causing this off feeling could it still be related to B12 even tho I get a monthly injection been doing that since April
2 What could this shakiness be when I squeeze things???????????
I have had many blood test run on me seen a neurologist who blames the meds I take for this shakiness when squeezing things. I take 100mg of Fluvoxamine and I take 5 mg of Lisinipril bp med. I get a monthly b12 injection and I take 1000iu Vit D daily.. I have been told I have grade 1 Dyslostic Dysfunction... I have had Ultra sound of neck arteries as well... I have had blurry vision for over a year vision was fine before surgery and I have had this off feeling for over a year now with no answers can you suggest anything??? MS was ruled out. Could it really all be Anxiety and if so why dont the symptoms let up
You don't write in a fashion that suggests anxiety.. but how would I know?  Just seems that way to me.

I would be angry, not anxious if I had some life even to which I could time-map the bad health you describe.  Have you investigated the possible side effects of your surgery and anesthetic?   I think this country has too many lawsuits but that's the second thing that crossed my mind.  The first?  Talk with your doctor(s) but it seems you have.

I wouldn't be ready to take on the diagnosis "anxiety" without first finding out what id wrong.  But as I have already stated, I know nothing about anxiety, I think we all have some, and my level is about average, or maybe just a little more than average.  I do not take any anxiety medication, lots of heart meds but no emotional meds, yet.
Kind of lost me there. I know I have anxiety..
I should say last febuary 2012 is when I noticed the shaky when i squeeze things..
Hi there AS!

What do you mean, when you squeeze things?  With your hands?  Have you ever tried squeezing things prior to this, looking for shaking?  Reason I ask, is because that's actually pretty normal.  I don't know if your shaking is worse than normal...but unless you have something to compare it to, it may be hard to say that's an abnormal finding.

So, what have you done to address the anxiety, which you clearly admit to having?  Have you tried therapy?  Have you ever tried meds for the anxiety (I see you're not on anything now).
Just an FYI...I just tried the squeeze test...I most definitely had shaking in my hand, wrist and forearm.  Can you describe the symptoms a bit better?  Are you worrying about something in particular..overly focused on something?
Thanks girl for posting I miss the old days lol...

Yes I am taking 100mg of Fluvoxamine and a low dose of BP meds! I never noticed the shaking before when I did i was throwing baseball with my daughter and got the shakes you know the hungry ones.. Well that night I just happened to squeeze my arm and noticed it.. I dont have to squeeze hard for it to happen.. I also notice if I lay on my back and lift my neck its the same kind of shaking. Yes I do worry about the very bad stuff that could be wrong I admit that.. I also hate my vision is messed up I never had glasses but I do no and when I wear them it intensifys the off feeling I have. I hope this helps?
Start threapy March 5th
That very well may be medication related.  I don't think there's any concern of some neuro disorder...something would have been discovered by now.

I think the therapy will be very helpful.
Trust me I am ready to see if it helps... I have only been on Fluvoxamine for 6 months I did take Buspar 15mg a day and thats when I noticed the shaking as well.. But I have been off that for awhile. Neuro cleared me so I need to believe what everyone tells me I just hate this off feeling I wish it would go away..
Depression *****
43 mins ago by Irisbritney
Irisbritney I enjoy helping others like... Comment
50 mins ago
mele48 That burden you're carrying... Comment