Aa
A
A
Close
Hospitalized for Severe Panic Attacks
I have a female relative who recently was hospitalized for severe panic attacks after some high stress incidents in her life. She has bouts of crying, depression and can't eat or care for her kids right now. She is unable to be in a public place without an attack. She has a severe fear of nausea and goes into a full stage of panic, thoughts of death, etc...
I am thinking she has more than panic issues, but the doctors seems to think it is all panic and stress related.
any thoughts would be appreciated. She is still not stable since out of the hospital
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Anxiety can get really bad. I was at the same point in December/January, couldn't drive, work, barely could get out of the car. I somehow managed to do things but my husband took time off to help me. It can really disable you if you let it, but it does get better. While I still battle daily, it is not as bad as it was, have her see a good therapist, that helped me tremendously!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
447939 tn?1235065543
well she is suffering from panics, phobias, anxiety there all linked together, has the hospital give her any medication? as jass said get her a good therapist they can work wonders for people. its hard to deal with stuff like this but with time she will get better i know its horrible for both you and her its horrible to live with
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for your insight on this. She has been referred to a therapist, and I believe they have prescribed her several anxiety/depression meds. I heard today that she was starting to feel a little better. Thank goodness. I appreciate the support on this forum
This is all new to us
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
560272 tn?1311353893
I feel so sorry for her, especially being a mother! How hard. Show her lots of love, care, concern, and support.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on photo
5 hrs ago
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank