Hospitalized for Severe Panic Attacks
I have a female relative who recently was hospitalized for severe panic attacks after some high stress incidents in her life. She has bouts of crying, depression and can't eat or care for her kids right now. She is unable to be in a public place without an attack. She has a severe fear of nausea and goes into a full stage of panic, thoughts of death, etc...
I am thinking she has more than panic issues, but the doctors seems to think it is all panic and stress related.
any thoughts would be appreciated. She is still not stable since out of the hospital
Anxiety can get really bad. I was at the same point in December/January, couldn't drive, work, barely could get out of the car. I somehow managed to do things but my husband took time off to help me. It can really disable you if you let it, but it does get better. While I still battle daily, it is not as bad as it was, have her see a good therapist, that helped me tremendously!
well she is suffering from panics, phobias, anxiety there all linked together, has the hospital give her any medication? as jass said get her a good therapist they can work wonders for people. its hard to deal with stuff like this but with time she will get better i know its horrible for both you and her its horrible to live with
Thank you for your insight on this. She has been referred to a therapist, and I believe they have prescribed her several anxiety/depression meds. I heard today that she was starting to feel a little better. Thank goodness. I appreciate the support on this forum
This is all new to us
I feel so sorry for her, especially being a mother! How hard. Show her lots of love, care, concern, and support.