How do I accept the fact that my brain is fine?
My problem is mental but nobody seems to know how should I solve it. I have this weird pain in some parts of my head (mostly two spots on the right side of my head). It's not a headache, it's more like a shooting pain, sometimes a light pressure and sometimes sharp pain that lasts no longer than 10 seconds. I mostly get it at night, but it can also happen any other part of the day, just not in the morning I think. What ***** the most is that I can get it for ex. when I'm out with friends, and I suddenly get this pain in my head and my cheerfulness falls down automatically and I just wanna go home and feel bad alone by my self. It makes me very antisocial and I'm only 18 years old. But, the main problem is that I can't make myself believe that I don't have any serious illness. I constantly think I have brain tumor, even though I did a computer scan and went to thousands of doctors, confirming me that everything is fine with my brain. The thoughts of having something inside of my head that no one else can see are killing me every day and are making my life unbearable. I also get panic attacks, shortened breath or tachycardias, but I simply faced the fact that I won't die of those things - the only thing that I still can't get in my head is that I don't have brain tumor. Somebody please give me an advice cause this is ruining my life.
Hi,  I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I found out that I have Chiari Malformation, two years ago.  This basically means that my scull is misshapen and my brain has been forced down too close to my brainstem. However, the majority of people who have this condition don't have symptoms, and I was told that I was one of them.   I was always very healthy and strong and have never had health issues at all.  But this scared me so much, that I started focusing on it all the time.  Due to the stress, I started having tension headaches, fatigue, brainfog, pain in my arms and legs and some more severe headaches on one side.  My doctor finally put me on Cymbalta, an anit-depressant, one month ago. I feel like my old self again, and am beginning to realize that I was causing a lot of my own pain! It is unbelievable at the time that you are suffering, that your brain can possibly be making all this up!  I felt so alone and very frustrated that no one seemed to be listening but now I realize that it was actually all due to stress!

Through all my reading, I have also learned that certain muscles in your neck and back, can cause referred pain in your head.  Doctors don't seem to focus on musles, as I guess they want to eliminate the more serious stuff first.

My advice to you is to try some meds for a short time.  The Cymbalta I am taking has given me nothing but happiness!  I have no other symtoms from it and the only feeling I get from it is the feeling of being myself again.

All the best to you!

HL