How long does caffeine remain in the body?
I think I am caffeine intolerant. I thought caffeine only stayed in the body for 6 hours or so, but I swear it stays in me for more like 36 to 48 hours. If I ingest too much caffeine, I remain with anxiety for a couple of days. If I take in more caffeine, it just extends my misery. Seems my threshold is around 100 mg. I experience heart palpitations and "skipping". My doctor says it doesn't remain in the body but a few hours and water will flush it out. I don't believe him. Anybody with similar experiences?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
Effects begin less than an hour after consumption, and a moderate dose usually wears off in about five hours. 36 hours is definitely way past its life.

Anxiety can make your chest muscles hurt so lots of people like me end up in ER thinking the sweating, chills, heart ares pains might be serious when it is just anxiety fooling the mind. I only went once and when they told me my heart had no issues I stopped worrying and the pain disappeared. Did your doctor confirm you have palpitations and skipping?
This may be very simplistic...but perhaps you just should avoid caffeine instead of wondering about its half life?  There are plenty of decaf alternatives out there for coffee, tea, soda.

One of the first things us anxiety sufferers need to do to help ourselves is eliminate any possible triggers.  Caffeine is a no brainer.