Anxiety Community
How long does it take your hormones to get back to normal?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Ive been on Microgynon 30 birthcontrol pills for 2 months now. Ive been getting severe anxiety, paranoia, depression and lack of love for life or anything in general. After yet another fight with my boyfriend yesterday I realised it's time to get off the pill and try and regain my old personality back. Since I havn't been on the pill that long, how long will it take for my hormones to go back to normal and for me to feel more like myself again?
Well I would think that it shouldn't be long... Especially considering that you haven't been on the pills that long. There are lots of other pills you can take though... don't sacrifice your birth control, just work with a doctor to find something that works for you :)
Different bc pills work better for different people, you many do better on a different one. Female hormones are very tricky, I just had my tubes and ovarys out and I use an estrogen patch called Vivelle, I feel better than I have in years.A lot of people hate the same med, so do you get what I am saying?

I am wondering how old you are, your profile doesnt say, is this your first sexual relationship? Im not convinced that your birth control is responsible for all of your symptoms. ( it could be )  I mention this because you mention fighting with your boyfriend, has the arguing only begun since you have been on the pill, or is it because of something more, like being sexually active??

BE REALLY CAREFUL, DONT GET PG ,, good luck with your new bc hope it works better for you.
I'm the same although it has only been a month.
I need to go back to the doctor after taking the pill for 3 months for a health check. I have decided to stay on the pill and see if my mood gets better, however if it doesn't I am going to tell my doc and see if she suggests another type of pill.
If you really are serious about coming off it maybe you should go back to the doctor or family planning centre to ask about alternative contraception, I'm sure you can work something out. Good luck :)
I am 26 mother of 2 and my Dr put me on BC to regulate my period.I took it for 3 weeks of blue pills and started the white pills. The 2nd day of white pills I started having major depression. Crying spells and anxiety to the point of throwing up. I couldn't eat without having nausea or diarrhea. I lost 5lbs that was last Tuesday and today is Thursday 9 days later. I had my period Wed- this morning and I still feel anxious in the mornings but it goes away after I get up and go. But I am also on zoloft 50 mg and its like it stopped working for a few days and now its working again. Do y'all think this is just a small hormonal imbalance from taking the wrong BC? Or is it going to keep happening until the Dr fixes it?
lboogie7729 is completely lost these da... Comment
spider6 commented on Home
psyvamp71 dang this bipolar weather !... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms