Anxiety Community
How long until metoprolol has no affect inside me

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I was on metoprolol tart 25mg twice a day for three days. I have been off of it for about 36 hours now and can still feel the metoprolol working inside me. How long will it be until this stuff is out of my system and has no affect on me anymore?
The half life of metoprolo is 3-4 hours. Meaning the drug reamaining in your system is reduced by 1/2 every 3-4 hours. The duration of it's effects is 13-19 hours. Get out your calculator and do the math.
You took a very small dose for a very short time, so you should be close to having none left in your body.
If you are still "feeling" effects after your "withdrawal," call your doctor and let them know. Not everybody metabolizes at the same rate.
Peace
Greenlydia
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms