Anxiety Community
How long until you feel any relief from fluoxetine?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I've just started up fluoxetine (prozac) for the second time and am having trouble functioning.

Does anyone know when they started to feel ANY relief from anxiety?

also, I really need to gain some weight back so does fluoxetine give anyone an INCREASED appetite?  

Thank you for your help!

Also, I'm taking it at night... do any of you think that is a bad idea?
It may take 4 to 5 weeks or longer before you feel the full benefit of fluoxetine.

Did you not read the leaflet that came with the tablets? Think a possible side effect is the opposite to what you want. Not weight gain. The other direction. Loss. Should say on the leaflet or google it.
I take 40mg  of fluoxetine a day in the mornings.  I didn't start leveling out until after I had been taking it a month.  So, just give it some time.  Make sure you take it at the same time every day, that is really important.  And don't drink alcohol, that is important too.  If you think it's not working for you after two months, then I would go back to the doctor and discuss it with them.  You also should keep a daily journal to help you and the doctor see the affects of the medicine.
Also, after reading your other post about the loose stools, until the anxious stomach goes away, you will not gain any weight.  Everything is going right through you.  And you are probably eating less because of the anxiety.  I know that happens to me.  Just try to get stable on your meds and once your anxiety subsides (start eating corrrectly again and not having diahrrea)  your weight should go back to normal.
i felt better after 3 days....no lie..
my daughter has been prescribed 10mg Fluoxetine, she starting taking at night before bed but would wake up feeling sick. She started taking in the morning but it just does not seem to be helping at all with her depression. Thoughts?
She needs to let her doctor know that it isn't helping.  It is often trial and error with these meds until we find what works best.  Tell her to always work closely with her doctor regarding her medication.  If it isn't working she needs to let him know this, so he can advise her as to what would be best to try next.
Also, has she given it enough time to work?  It can take several weeks for this to build up to a therapeutic level.
Mollyrae nothing worse than rainy an... Comment
mishymoshymarcy Your life is as good as you... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on oral presentation
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms