How long will xanax side effects last?
I am sick of being sick, i hv taken xanax before cause of my anxiety. I just wondering how long it's side effects will gone? I am really sick of it, Headache, Dizziness, Extreme Fatigue, Dry Mouth,Lost of concentration, Insomnia, And a lot more, Please Help!!
How long have you been taking them for?
And about how long after you take the pill do you feel these side effects?
Xanax is doing all that? Wow. Used to take 3mg a day and never had any side effects at all from them. Shows how medication differs from one person to the next.
I hv taken Xanax for 2 months, but I hv stop taking it about 2 months,I hv taken Xanax once last month because of anxiety and it seems geting more worse. I think is the withdrawal side effects, I found a whole list of Xanax's withdrawal side effects on the net, and my symptomps matched many of it. I hv these symptoms since I stop taking Xanax.
Will stop taking Xanax for a month, then suddenly take one and stop it cause severe withdrawal side effects?
Did your anxiety cause any of your symptoms that you are feeling now?
Or are all of them new to you?
They are all new to me...
did you experience anything like what your describing during the period of time that you didnt take them?
If you didnt then Id just say it was a side effect, if you did Id say it was a withdraw.
you should talk to your DR. for more professional advice.
The person stopped cold turkey. That was your problem. You can't just stop taken xanax. You have to come off it slowly. No wonder your anxiety is worse. May need an even higher dose to get things back to normal again.
Thanks for ur comments. I just wonder is there anyway to get out off Xanax's withdrawal symptoms?? Or how long will it last?? Will I be fully recover??
Xanax withdrawal period all depends on the person, how much and how long it was taken.
Some people can take it for months, and just quit "not a good choice" but feel no withdraw from it.
others take it for a week, and have withdraws, Ive met a guy who experienced withdraw after only 3 days, but he couldve had a addictive personality.
Like MrGreen said, Benzodiazapines should never be quit "cold turkey" and Im sorry to say, but Xanax is considered the worse of Benzos because of the short half life" the amount of time the medicine stays in the system"
there are different ways of quitting.
There is a switch method, where you tell your DR about everything and how your body might have gained dependence, and he should switch you over to a longer lasting benzodiazapine, something like Klonopin, or Valium.
That will cut back on withdrawal, and after your body has gone through the "Xanax" withdraw, you can begin to withdraw yourself from the Klonopin, or valium.
That is something that you will have to talk to your DR about, because I do not know the severity of your dependence, and how much you have taken.
There is also taper methods with just plain old Xanax, but I have heard, and read that its worse.
Im a strong advocate for Klonopin, Thats what I take, pretty low dose, and works great. With allot less side effects, tolerance issues then Xanax, and is considered one of the "best" benzos to be on, if you have to choose one to have to be on, Id choose Klonopin, its the lesser of the devils.
Recovery under the proper tapering, and Hopefully you have a understanding DR. should be quite simple, and "faster" then those who had to take it for years.
and if you feel that the Klonopin really helps, then good news It has been approved for long term use unlike Xanax, also has allot less side effects.
Keep us posted
I just wondering will it cause permanent damage to my body or brain?

There is controversy on the permanent effects that benzodiazapines cause to our bodies.
There are some people that are more effected then others by these type of medicines.
so its pretty much a tossup.
I do believe myself though that they do cause a degree of Cognitive damage, that probably takes awhile for our bodies to totally heal.
yes,its very individual if you get bad rebound anxiety or not.i have a very nervous disposition from p.t.s.d and im very  emotionally/physically sensitive to drugs even caffeine. i find xanax great a first when i take it-occasionally-but the next 2 days after i feel  more anxious,neurotic,depressed.Is not a good drug if you are a very
oversensitive type person ive found.
In studies xanax has shown to lose it effectiveness/power after 4 months of daily use-the magic wears off unfortunately.It loses its effectiveness which causes panic/anxiety in itself.doctors over prescribe long treatments  which is wrong.
Good luck and be cautious of these innocuous looking little white tablets.
thank you for you heart felt comment.