Anxiety Community
How to help lowered sex drive while taking zoloft?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to help lowered sex drive while taking zoloft?

Hi Guys..
I am a newlywed 24 year old girl who has been taking Zoloft for about two years now.
I have been finding the lowered sex drive a real problem.. We just came back from our honeymoon and i regret to say that my husband didnt get that much on the honeymoon..
How can i fix this problem?
I know its not that serious, but i worry that i will lose him because i just dont feel like having sex ever??
Do other people often feel like this??
Related Discussions
305217_tn?1218305908
Hi Hun,

Sorry you are going thru this at such a young age. Unfortunately, a lot of SSRI's have this side effect.
But, anxiety/depression will also bring on the loss of libido. It really messes up our hormones. Just getting stressed out or having a bad diet will affect our periods. So anxiety/depression can really wreak havoc.
I suppose you should really speak w/ your OBGYN. There are some natural supplements that my help. Although you have to be careful with those too, just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't have any side effects.
Or maybe look into some of the newer anti depressants that are supposed to be better with the libido?
Are you on the pill? If not, maybe that could help? I don't know much about the SSRI's, as I've never used any so I don't know if that would interfere w/ the med you're on.  I did try Wellbutrin, which is said to possibly INCREASE your libido, but unfortunately for me I had some bad reactions to it, wasn't the right med for my situation so I didn't get to enjoy that benefit, LOL.....

I would really speak w/ your Doc. And look into some of the supplements online for female low libido...just make sure you OK any with the doc first. There is a poster here named "Nursegirl" she may know more for you to look into....

Congrats on the marriage!! And hopefully you'll find something to help. Just try and get your hubby to understand the med you're taking and why and what it's affects are.
I don't know why you're on the med but maybe,  w/ your new life/marriage and a supportive partner,  you may not need the med anymore and can slowly taper off. or try something different.
Good Luck and Take Care ; )
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
53 mins ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status
1 hr ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on opus88's status
3 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker