How to stop thinking too much
Dear All,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum. If not, please direct me thank you. I have issues. When i get sick like flu sore throat or etc. I feel like im convincing myself that i am unwell. Whenever i have sex i will be looking out for symptoms of stds although my boyfriend repeatedly assured me his clean and this has taken a toil on our relationship as i'm always asking him this. My bf says his a virgin and prior to being attached to him, his behaviour is normal (not a wildchild, drunk or drug abuser). Lately i have some discharge and im convinced i have chlamydia or gonorrhoea but with m bf strong assertion that his clean i think its all in my head and that the discharge could be due to soap irritation, ovulation or mild yeast infection. I just need help because its consuming me. I can psycho myself to produce symptoms. When my  mind is distracted adequately i forget about all this Thank You. :)
I think the only way you are going to stop worrying about this is if you go to the dr and get an exam.  You can also have him run bloodwork to check for std's.  You are going to drive yourself crazy over this.

I don't know how open your boyfriend would be to this but it might not be a bad idea for him to get tested too.  It is just a simple blood test and it would help calm you down.

If you are really concerned about std's then you need to make sure you are having protected sex.  Remember the more you focus on it the more symptoms you are going to have and then you are going to be stuck in an endless circle.

Please go to your dr and get checked out.  This will help ease your mind.  Good luck....
Hey,

that's the thing, i already got tested for std like hiv , syphilis all negative prior to having sex and being in a relationship with my current bf.I trust my current bf as his helping me deal with my current anxiety issue but he doesn't wanna spend money on testing. His in the navy so he does get tested every few months after a long trip overseas but its only for HIV. Btw, we didn't even have sex. It was mutual masturbation with him just rubbing his penis on my vagina for a few seconds and he fingering me (no penetration no *******) and i've checked with std forum and they said that its unlikely for transmission to occur through the manner i've described as fluid exchange was minimum or barely there as he didnt ejaculate and no penetration occured. I'm a freak. Where im from to get tested for std is very expensive and i've spent alot already. I just want to break the endless cycle and not test anymore. I keep testing and keep thinking "what ifs"...could be the douching i do as I'm OCD also i keep taking baths cleaning my room etc...im just tired living like that and my psychiatrist does help me but not alot..i just want this to end.
O.K. so basically you already have your answer if you have tested negative for std's...You are negative and that is a good thing.  If you are concerned about your current boyfriend then when it comes time to having sex make sure you are using protection.  

From what you described above I wouldn't be concerned about having contracted anything.  You need to stop worrying about it and get on with your life.   What is going to happen is you are going to waste your life away worrying about nothing.  If you were a reckless person that was sleeping around without protection then I would be concerned.  However your gyno should be able to run the test for you if you felt that you needed to retest (but I don't think you need too)...

If I were you I would stop thinking about it and focus on the good things in your life.  Continue with the psychiatrist and you will be fine.

Thank You. :)