Anxiety Community
Hypnotherapy

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Hypnotherapy

Has anyone ever  tried Hypnotherapy?
I was looking it up on line and you can do it for Anxiety.
and I have tried everything else ( medz, acupuncture, reg therapy. ) and nothing works for me.
So if anyone has I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
Thanks :)
I had it a while back and saw no results.  But it does work for some.  My husband used to make fun of it until he went for smoking at the insistence of his wife at the time.  He said when he left, he felt it was a waste of time until he lit his first cigarette and he got sick to his stomach and had to put it out.  That was the end of his smoking.  So, it's worth a try.  They do say to be careful because it can put negative thoughts in your mind, if you google it this is explained.  It didn't with me, but as we know we all react differently.
Thank you I amgoing to do more researce before I do it. I just have tried other things and nothing works and I am to the point were it is affecting my job and my kids and my husband so I need to do something. do you have any ideals?????
Since you have tried so many things, there is certainly nothing wrong with giving hypnotherapy a try. It has worked for many people and there's no reason to think it won't work for you. If it doesn't, well, at least you tried!
As long as you see a psychiatrist who is trained in hypnotherarpy, I believe the fear of it putting negaive thoughts in your mind IS a negative thought which doesn't have to be there. But that is just my opinion. I've known dozens of people who have undergone hypnotherapy for all sorts of reasons, and not one of them has ever come away with a negative thought.
I say go for it and I wish you the greatest success!
Let us know how it worked out for you! You could be a real inspiriation for many of us!
Peace
Greenlydia  
Thank you for that . i am still looking into I am going to talk to my family doctor thursday about it and go from there.
You're welcome. And again, I wish you great success! I think it's very exciting and I hope you will write and tell us of your experience.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Yes, actually, the first therapist I saw when I first started getting panic attacks was a hypnotherapist.  It didn't help as far as I could tell, but the therapist died and I never tried it again.  But we did a lot of it.  What I can tell you is it's really fun and feels great, so even if it doesn't work it's worth the experience to give it a try.  I loved it.
My current tdoc also does hypnotherapy.  We've done it maybe 5 times.  2/5, I had a hard time 'going under.'  I was too aware of my surroundings and couldn't get in the proper state of mind.  But I feel I got some good from it.

We're going to try it again soon for smoking and general motivation.  Sure hope something works lol.
Thank you so much everyone. for all of you im put
Jade59 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Jade59 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Jade59 commented on slaytheday's status
1 hr ago
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms