Anxiety Community
Hypochondria/PTSD?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypochondria/PTSD?

I don't know what to do anymore. About six months ago, I was in my first car accident (and got very lucky), but ever since then, I've become so obsessed with and worried about my health. Every headache means a brain tumor, every pain means a broken leg or arm, every new symptom means something severe in my mind. I've been to the doctors, they've told me I'm okay. I've taken into account all logic, but it still doesn't quell my fears. I'm always afraid and I'm frequently upset. In addition, a few months before the accident, I graduated high school and went off as an adult. I've been told that the accident and the stress of my job and such, are the reasons why I feel so terrified and depressed, but I still don't know what to do. Shouldn't this have gone away by now?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
165308_tn?1323190145
There are so many things that this can be.  The fact that it started with the car accident could be the PTSD, however, I would think your fears would have been  more centered around driving....You sound like you are suffering from depression/anxiety....any change in life..even good change...causes stress and maybe you are on overload....I would suggest seeing a therapist or someone to talk to to get a diagnosis....there are different therapies that can help you out and medication (which I would suggest as a last resort).  Best to you.
Blank
i dont know to much about PTSD. but you obvouily went threw alot of trama the day of your accident. and thats how alot of people get anxiety is threw a trama. but dont worry bout your health, i do it ALL the time and all it does it make you stressed out for no reason. id go see a thearpist if i was you, maybe they can help you feel better : )well good luck & best wishes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Swollentoe commented on photo
2 hrs ago
131114_tn?1380086790
Blank
jerialice I am probably cured!!!! yee... Comment
2 hrs ago
Blank