Anxiety Community
Hypochondria about HIV

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hypochondria about HIV

I've been having severe anxiety/hypochondria over the suspicion that I might have HIV. I had protected sex about 5 months ago but there was a little bit of blood involved. Kinda freaked me out. I checked with the girl and she said she's absolutely clean but you can never be too sure. I went to my primary care physician FOUR TIMES in two weeks completely convinced that i had HIV. Got an std test two months after, said i was clean, nothing wrong at all. I'm starting to freak out again now because I've had a cold for a month now. Went to the doctor again and he said I should be fine. Even when my partner told me she was clean and i have nothing to worry about, I still can't convince myself I'm healthy. Why can't i just calm down about the whole situation? Please, any tips on how to cope with this constant anxiety would be helpful
Did you test for HIV specifically or just for STD only?  If so, just trust the result!
Read this thread, especially the comments on Mar 5 from nursegirl aboout how hard it is to get hiv. your situation is similar to that thread except you didn't even have a condom slippage issue and for sure anxiousme198825 is 100% safe. That means you are 100% safer than safe.
If you are worried about blood then think of all the professional athletes who many times in their careers come up against someone with blood all over the place - they don't get hiv and neither did you with protected sex.
Try to forget about this fear and instead enjoy your life. It is much shorter than you think.
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms