Hypochondria or is something wrong?
For the third night in a row I have woken up way before time to get up due to stress and hypochondria. I wake up with a fear that something is wrong and no one will know because they are all asleep. And for 2 nights in a row I've gotten this cold feeling in my chest. Tonight I noticed it happened after I drank some water I leave next to the bed. But it could just be a coincidence. I also suffer from acid reflux. Could this be a cause? I'm just in need of a full nights sleep and lack of sleep probably doesn't help the anxiety. Does anyone have any advice or had similar situation?
Hi.  Sorry you are having this sleep difficulty.  Waking up anxious is not uncommon when stressed, worried or suffering true anxiety.  Are you worried about anything right now?  I can't tell you that your health is fine---  perhaps a physical would alleviate your worry about that.  Most likely though, it is.  And when we are hyper focused on it, we can feel all sorts of things like a cold chest.  Try some deep breathing, breath in for four, out for four and hold two.  Repeat.  This really helps.  Focus on the breathing.  Try some visualization as well---  basically thinking happy thoughts. I think of a vacation house I'd love to go to on the beach (no plan to really go there, LOL)  I don't know if you are male or female but I have this cyclically related to my hormones and cycle.  It's a pain.  Talk to your doctor if this persists, okay?  Oh, and eat well, get exercise. This helps.  good luck
Female, 22 years old. It all started when I took Zoloft (my doctor prescribed it Friday, I took it Sunday and I didn't react well to it. Insomnia, anxiety more intense) I haven't taken it since Sunday but ever since, my anxiety has sky rocketed and I haven't been able to sleep well. I'm going to see my doctor again. But I'm sitting in class now and my throat/chest still has the cold sensation off and on. I can't focus and I just want to go home.
I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and OCD when I was 23, I had never wanted to take medication but after the birth of my daughter at 30, I had too. I was started on Zoloft and it takes at least two weeks for the anxiety to stop,but after that I was much better, although it did make me tired.Now I take paxil, and I like it much better for me.Anytime you start taking any of these anti-depressants, your anxiety always seems worse AT FIRST, but if you can stick with it, it will get better!