Anxiety Community
Hypoglycemia or just anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hypoglycemia or just anxiety?

A while back, last summer, I had been on a road trip from minnesota back to missouri, I hardly ate anything but a little bit of puppy chow and some cheese curds, that night while trying to unpack before eating I got really dizzy and shaky, I realize at this point it was most likely from low blood sugar due to not eating, but not every time I go for a few hours without eating when I start to feel hungry I get really shaky and anxious, do you think this is hypoglycemia developing or just association from the first time it happened? I have an appointment on Thursday to be tested for both hypoglycemia and diabetes but I honestly don't think it will show anything, all the symptoms could be explained through anxiety, and the last time I had blood taken my blood sugar was slightly low (at 62 with 70 being the lowest it should be) so I don't think it could be diabetes. Any information on any of this would be incredibly appreciated, and a little something to maybe ease my mind about the tests because I'm nervous about them. P.S. I have a generalized anxiety disorder and have had it for 10+ years
I gather you are going to take one of those five or six hour fasting sugar tests. They are very accurate and you will know in short order if you are hypoglycemic.
Yeah, I assume they will do that and also a test for diabetes as well, I'm hoping it's just my mind running away with itself and not either one of these things
I, also have GAD, and have experienced hypoglycemia, particularly in summer, when my appetite is low due to heat.  I have found myself running in to stores to wolf a candy bar so I wouldn't pass out, and pay for it while people looked at me like I was nuts.  In my case, I don't think it's related to my GAD, but I do think that I am more likely to to have it happen during a panic attack.  Definitely see your doctor about this.  And a question: you said you ate puppy chow.  Why?  Blessings - Blu
Puppy chow I ate is a type of dessert made from chex mix and peanut butter and chocolate with powdered sugar, not actual puppy chow for dogs
The fasting test you will be taking measures sugar every hour after ingesting a lot of nasty surgery stuff. This single test indicates whether you are hypoglycemic, diabetic, or neither.
I just don't see how if it was truly hypoglycemia it could just randomly show up out of nowhere, going from being perfectly fine, to all of the sudden every single time i feel slightly hungry i get shaky and uncomfortable, literally the day before this started happening i could go 4-5 hours sometimes more without eating without having any issues, it doesn't make any sense, which is why I'm not convinced it could be hypoglycemia but I'm getting checked anyway
Well I did go to the doctor this morning, not diabetes because it's low blood sugar, not high, but he did give me a meter, the first time I checked it was around 83 the second time around 86, so far so good, it's looking more like anxiety than hypoglycemia
travel_melb 6 weeks and going strong, m... Comment
Missy1231984 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...