I Am Always Worrying!
Ok I know everyone worries about things every now and then but I have had some serious anxiety problems lately. When I was a teen I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and ADD (or ADHS not sure). I got off the the medication provided for me because it was causing me to lose weight at a frightening rate and I got pregnant. Anyways, I remember being younger and just living my life. Now everyday is a constant worry, what if someone kidnaps me and kills me, what if my son get kidnapped, what if I die, what if I get in a car accident..... the list goes on forever. I know its normal to worry but it is keeping me from being happy through out my day. Instead I am in constant panic and fear to the point that I don't want to do a lot of things I used to be able to do like ride th bus at night because I am in constant fear. I really feel that this i unhealthy and if anything it is keeping me from being the happy person I used to be. I don't know how to deal with it or keep it under control. Sometimes it goes out of control and I get very depressed thinking what could happen or who could harm me or my son. If anyone understands how I feel I would love to hear from you so I don't feel like I'm nuts. Lol. Also anyone that has any advice; it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone :-)
So, you do the competitive dancing, the bridal sales, the paramedic thing all while getting nervous about being kidnapped, etc.? Ride the bus at night? To get to the dances, or just to people watch?

I'm cornfused.

No matter: yes, everyone here knows exactly what you are talking about- the worries, anxuiety. yes, yes and double yes.

Whaddya do?

You get a consult, that's what you do. Maybe some meds and definitely some therapy. There are reasons for those anxieties, and once you figure 'em out, they will go away. The anxieties you sense, the ones around you are really sort of like tokens for stuff inside you. Now, it possible someone will give you a pill and send you on your way. And that pill may work, in somewhat the same way a band aid works -just a bit of protection while YOU do the healing. The pill won't heal but therapy will help you figure out how to heal.

OK?

So let us know how the consult goes.
I agree with JS.  Everyone has a little anxiety and depression in their lives but when it starts to take over, it must be confronted.  My anxiety issues led to depression three years ago and with the return of my anxiety, I could fall into that pattern again unless I confront it.  In my opinion, talking it through with a therapist is the best way to deal with this.  By understanding this cycle of thinking, it empowers you to deal and thrive with this.  Keep us posted!
Just wanted to also add that JS's advice is great! I felt my very best when I combined my drug therapy with good psychotherapy. Currently, I'm just on the drug therapy, and I'm not responding nearly as well, so it's time to find a good therapist,

Good luck in your recovery -
You cannot and should not live like this. You definitely can get help. Please go to the Dr. Its nothing to be ashamed of and you might not think so now , but you will be very grateful that you took it upon yourself to reach out.  Good luck
i have been struggleing with those problems all my life and very bad in the last 4 years i dont leave anymore but 1 time a month or month in a half so doing nothing about it is not working for me and now im to the point where i dont know what im gonna do cause i use the that 1 hour to rush through a store to try to get what my family will need for about a month so please get some help from a profesinal as soon as possible so it dont get this bad
I worry also everyday...every minute. About everything.....it's terrible...i can't even think straight .....i hate living this way
I am not happy living like this but it has become such a way of life to me I have forgotten how to be "normal" I am constantly worried that my parents and everyone I love will die or get cancer and then I worry about me too! I think I am going to get or already have cancer or have a serious accident.  I know that some of this is because I spent a lot of time in hospital in the past, but I really dont like me anymore because I am frightened to live! and I am turning into a bore! I really want to be without thinking horrible thoughts all of the time ........................