Anxiety Community
I always think I'm dying! !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I always think I'm dying! !

So I always think I'm dying! does anyone else have this problem>? and if so, hoe do you overcome it?
I was on zoloft and ativan for 2 years (loved the ativan) but now I'm on nothing.. can't afford the doctor!! so how do you convince yourself your not dying?? any responce would help, just put my mind at ease please!! I don't want to be alone!!
First of all you are NOT alone hun.

I myself have what we call "health anxiety". I'm always thinking any little thing thats wrong with me means I'm dying. I have been to the doc so many time for this they know my car when it pulls up outside. Right now for example, my allergies are bothering me, and I'm having this weird breathing thing going on. So my anxiety is through the roof and of course the "what if I'm dying" comes to mind.

I'm still trying to figure this beast out myself, so I might not be much help to you, but please, know you aren't alone, and you aren't dying.

A couple suggestions, although very basic are these. Try to focus on something else. Do you have kids? Do something with them. I know its tough but go outside, get some fresh air. I also drink chamomile tea in the evenings if I'm having anxiety and it helps calm me down to sleep.

Good luck,

Crystal
i too am having breathing problems due from allergies.. but even though i know this i think i could have lung cancer or some other unknown problem.. it's like i know in my head im fine but at the same time i can't shut my brain off from thinking that there is something wrong with me?? I hate it..
I too am always dying, I've been dying for four months despite the fact that I have had every medical test known to medical science say that there is nothing physically wrong with me. I constantly seek reassurance from anyone that will listen 'Are you sure I'm not dying', 'What if they have missed something' etc etc. Logically I know that it must be anxiety but it doesn't make the pain go away.

This health anxiety has completely ruined the last four months of my life and all i think about is dying. Crystal is right, the only thing that has helped me is to push myself to do things and try and lead a normal life.

I am pretty sure that you are not dying but its hard to believe that for yourself. Stick around on this forum and check out people's journals, you will see that you are not alone and that there are so many like us out there.
Good luck
Sam
x
Thank you.. it does make me feel better to know that i am not alone.. the people around me just don't get it.. they tell me it's all in your head.. well to a point i know that already, but i can't control how i think.. im so glad i found this forum..
I know, trust me I know.

I get so mad sometimes I yell at myself in the mirror to knock it off lol (ya anxiety will do that to ya)

I couldnt sleep much last night because of the breathing issue. But of course as soon as I was too tired to fight it anymore I fell right asleep and slept just fine. What frustrates me is my symptoms will change. After a few months of the fast heartbeats and chest pains I convince myself I am fine and it goes away. But it that it? Nope of course not. Now something new has to come along and ruin my day, ugh....I know I hate this too

Hang in there

It is all "in your head". But people that don't have it..won't get it. It's hard , but just remember that, and don't waste your time trying to explain it to them either lol....I learned my lesson real fast with that one.
Read this CAREFULLY. We are all dying. From the moment we come into this world, we are on our way out; the sand is falling through the hour glass. Strange as it may sound to say it: "that's LIFE."

But you knew that. We ALL know that. Makes us different from the animals. So, my questions to you are these:

Do you have some particular REASON(s) to think your departure is close at hand? Physical symptoms of some kind, a bad lab report, some independent bit of evidence that gets your attention? If so, what?

OR (maybe, and/or) is is that you fear the concept, the idea, the notion of death? The finality, the absolute oblivion or some similar profound recognition of the final day and hour?

There is a difference between fearing the boundary event because we believe it is close at hand; and just being utterly staggered by the fact of it, no matter when it takes place.

I say none of this to put you in a tailspin or aggravate the situation. Rather, I'm hoping that if you can and will discern your actual fear, you will at the same time disclose the way OUT of it.

Look at some of my journals on the dying "thing." It will be clear to you that I know what you're talking about and something may ring a bell for you.

Let's keep the conversation going.
I have this problem, too...I'm currently on meds (Celexa) and working through my issues in therapy.  In my case, my mom's death has been the trigger.  She died of renal cancer 6 years ago, didn't fit the "usual" profile for someone who would get this, always took great care of herself, etc. - so, naturally, I think.....if it could happen to her, then it could happen to me, too.

So....the meds are helping as is the therapy....and I can tell you what you SHOULDN'T do....don't go poking around online, in search of symptoms, etc. - trust me, that almost always makes it worse.  Because, as much as you try to reassure yourself that your symptoms are normal, there will always be something out there that contradicts this and plants a seed of doubt in your mind.   But if you're legitimately concerned, it's always best to see a doctor.  And a good doc will not dismiss you as just another hypochondriac or some nutbar.

Good luck - I know it's not easy!!!!
Hi Charlotte.  Wow, ready your post and everyone else really helps me out as well.  I have been dying for six months myself.  I talk to my friend about it and she gives me a great laugh because she's like Rayn, girl you have been dying since January.  The sound of her saying that makes me laugh at the time but it truly is not funny when going through the motions.  I am constantly going to the ER.  For example, I went last night.  For about two days I have had pressure in my back, chest, neck, throat, water brash, sour taste in my mouth, abdominal pain, and the feeling like I am choking on my saliva.  I ran out of work about 45 minutes before the end of my shift because I could not take the discomfort any longer.  I went to the ER and when I got there they put me on a heart monitor for a while, ECG, chest x-rays were done. Dr. came in and said everything looks fine that I have some esophagus problems going on.  Of course, I don't want to believe it.  I think that there is some undetected disease that is killing me and the doctors are all in on it.  I don't know why I even go to the dr because I have a difficult time believing what they tell me.  I always think that I am a part of a study and they assure me that everything will be ok so that I don't panic and when I die they are going to test may organs and everything to find a cure for this "undetected disease".  It is a horrible way to live and I always think I am going to die any minute.  I am afraid to leave my house because I think I am going to fall out somewhere and not be found.

My point is, you are not going through this alone and there is hope for us.  We just have to be patient.

Good luck!
This is such an enlightening thread.  My 17 year old daughter suffered an attack of vertigo in Dec. of 2007.  It did not go away in a few weeks as the doctors told her it would.  So even after every blood test and and MRI and CT scan, she still feels there may be something seriously wrong with her and she has started having daily headaches, or more specifically head "pressure".  She also has relapses of vertigo every now and then where everything just seems to "spin" around her.

She is trying to get past this but she is still feel she is hyperfocused on physical symptoms.  And she is only 17!  She should  be out having fun and being active.  But she sleeps alot and complains of physical pain, head pressure, visual disturbances, and many other things, on a daily basis.

So about one month ago she started taking Celexa, her dosage has ramped up from 10 mg to 40 mg currently.  She has been on 40 mg for about 2 weeks now.  She is still having daily "head pressure"... still sleeps alot..... and I am really worried about her.

silly question, but does she have sinus problems? that can cause a lot of head pressure,
and visual problems!! and also migrains, they cause alot of visual problems, does she get the spinning feeling right before a headache? and also neck problems, does she have any neck pain?
She is stuffy a lot, but her ct scan showed sinuses are okay.  She has been to a few ent's and they say everything is fine.  She does complain about neck pain sometimes, she recently had a massage and the person said she didn't seem that knotted up or tense.  She doesn't usually get dizzy before or during the head pressure.
maybe she should get an MRI of her neck and back..sometimes if a disc is out of whack it can mess everything up..
well keep me posted and let me know how she's doing..
Does this happen around the time of her period??
I am deinitly understanding how you feel. I always feel like I am dying 90 percent of the day. Our minds play games with us and for me I admit, I feed on my thoughts. I even when as far as buying a blood pressure cup device to check my pulse and blood presseure all throughout the day..ughhhh ! The things I am always going to the doctors with something new that is a wrong with me and racking up more bills for myself. They are giving me a clean bill of health except for panic and anxiety. It all has to do with my panic and anxiety. For me when the kids are asleep can be a good time that I try to relax from all my worries and thoughts. Usually if it gets real bad I call my family members and talk to them to get me through. Do you have any good friends or family members that would be willing to let you call them in this situation ? Hang in there you are not alone and you as the rest of us that is going through this will overcome it..
I've been dying for about 3 months now haha! Ive never had anxiety until I started on my birth control Yaz. The first time it hit I was riding the train to work and I couldnt swallow, I thought that I would die right then and there. When I got to work I looked up every possible diagnoses for not being able to swallow/ feeling like I was choking on my tounge. It was just sever anxiety and then once I looked up the side effects of the birth control I realized that it was just from the pills and my body needed to get adjusted. It was sever for about two weeks my boyfriend couldnt even touch me with me freaking out because my mind was telling me that everything hurt. I have since relaxed and learned ways to get threw the panic attacks. The best thing for me is music. If a song I really like is playing my full attention goes to the music instead of oh my god what is this little tini tiny bump on my arm and pain in my side and so on.... I hope you find some ways to deal. A glass of wine helps a LOT for me too. I know a lot of people dont like wine but theres lots of different kinds to try and the fruity **** works just as good. Good luck!!  
hahahahaha i been dyeing for like ten years now hahaha lol
i know exactlly what all of you guys are going thru and believe me i too can come up with any and every symptom in the book if i think i have that disease anxiety sux i hate it but if you learn to live with it your life can be almost back to normal.
if you know that the feeling your getting or about to get is being brought on by anxiety you just have to tell yourself ok i know exactlly what this is i know how it's gonna make me feel and how scared i'm gonna feel.
i know it sounds weird but i've learned to talk myself out of alot of attacks (somewhat) and when i feel one coming on i immediately turn my attention to something else like going to play on the computer or start cleaning my house or just put my face in front of the fan you know just do whatever works for you it's not gonna work for you overnight but it's worth a try
you just have to find a pattern to get yourself into because having anxiety everyday of your life is a pattern you just need to find a better one
if you don't do something you will drive yourself crazy. i used to go out and party and be wild and crazy and just have fun. but since i got anxiety it has been a rollercoaster for me i have went from never leaving my house to working everyday and goin out and doing my own thing so if you just keep the faith and find your rythm eventually it will all work out.
i'm not saying life is a bowl of cherries for me because i still have anxiety everyday and even with my pattern of living with it i still have bad days i'm just trying to make sure it does'nt consume my every thoughts and snatch away all or any happiness.
i don't know anyone who has had anxiety and does'nt have it anymore so i gave up on trying to get it cured and just started finding ways to still have a good life and deal with it so good luck to all of you and i hope things work out keep the faith          bye
Hello Charlotte... I have been dying for nearly 3 years now. I have many different aspects to my anxiety but that is by far the worse, and I can sympathize with everyone telling you it's just in your head, and like a previous post reads.. people who don't have it , won't get it. Something my mother told me once during and anxiety attack is something I always try to keep in mind... you will not get a suddenly deathly illness out of no where, within a matter of minutes... that seems to help me, and hopefully could help you some too... life also takes a bit of readjusting, like .. my friends know not to talk about deathly illness or things like heart attacks around me, because that sends up a red flag with my anxiety as though it is an omen, that I am going to die soon.

I try to tell myself "relax".. whether it be in my head or out loud and then while my brain is relaxing I take a deep breath, if I can't get one in.. I go into the bathroom and splash cold water in my face, your body's natural reaction is to breath deeply. I tell myself since I am capable of this that I must not be having a heart attack.

Headaches, are no longer simple head aches in the mind of an anxiety sufferer.. they are now brain tumors or blood vessels getting ready to burst.. brain cancer that will strike me dead soon .. or an up coming stroke. I will admit it gets better with time, but the worst part is I feel like I will be spending the rest of my life battling my own brain trying to convince myself that I am not dying.

My biggest fear, is that is something really is happening to me that no one will take me seriously. That they will just write it off as my anxiety, so when I can. I try to contain it.

I agree the best solution is to DISTRACT YOURSELF!! Count... get out of the house (if you are comfortable doing so)... call some one, but don't mention the anxiety, you don't want to dwell on it... If you have some one who could drive you around , I find that to be very relaxing..

And while I am no doctor I am going to suggest you try this natural suppliment that you can get at GNC called melatonin ... take only half at first, if that doesnt work you can move on to take a whole, but when I didn't have my medication, my mother had this on hand and it worked wonders for me, maybe it could help you too.

I am so sorry to all of you that you have to go through this, it is nice knowing that we don't go through it alone and there ARE people out there who understand, but I wouldn't wish this upon any one to have to suffer through. It is like you don't get to fully live when you are always afraid you are going to die. May GOD bless you Charlotterose and be beside you to calm your fears.
Well...looks like I'm not alone anymore.  It sure has felt like that for a while now.  I've been dying since about 2004.  I remember driving home from work and all of a sudden getting lightheaded/dizzy.  Then a warm feeling all over my body, then hot.  I had to roll down the window.  The I got a shooting pain down both arms.  I thought that was it.  It's over.

At the ER, the usual.  Chest X-ray.  EKG. Cardiac Enzymes, CMP and a CBC for good measure.  All normal.  Dr. says wants me to see my Internist and have stress and echo.  Both normal.

Two years later.  No issues, no meds, feel ok.  Driving again, almost the same spot on the way home.  The usual symptoms, but much worse this time.  Has to be the big one now.  Trip to ER, normal.  GP has nuclear stress and echo.  Normal.  Chest CT scan, normal.

Year later.  Same.  Nuclear normal, echo normal.  Go for a Coronary Calcium Scoring...get a 3 (anything over 400 is considered bad).  Finally decide to see a psych.  Hesitant but start Xanax and Cymbalta.  SSNI family has me crawling the walls swearing I'm dying.  Try Zoloft...nothing at first.  Then kicks in.  Ok for a bit.  Then the weight gain.  From 230 to 287lbs.  Did see a ho-ho I didn't like.  Moved to Celexa, Lexapro, back to Cymbalta again.  Moved me back to square one.  Started Klonopin....not bad.  Takes a bit to kick in (2 hour delay).  Back on the Z again.  

As of today.  Thought I've been having a heart attack for the past week.  Constant dizziness, chest pain/tighness, pain in left arm (but I'm a lefty), can't seem to breath, tingling in hand and feet, numbness around my cheeks and face.  Just returned fromk therapy.  MD says I know it's not cardiac in nature.  Maybe I do, maybe not.  I'm still working on accepting the mind/body connection and the "fight or flight response".  

Klonopin and Zoloft seems to help in the morning, but I dread the night.  Even a K at bed sometimes doesn't help much.  Pacing does.  Why, who knows.  My rant.  My hell.  Hopefully, this helps someone else know they are not alone.
hiya i been dying for 14 yrs on and off lol due to lots of different reasons strokes, blood clots, um brain aneurisms, and many many more im onto my heart now although i just had an echo and everythin is perfect so i cant die off that anymore lol
the trick is too accept its anxiety and beat it i swear im still in shock of the symptoms anxiety can give us its crazy but after my experiences i have to accept it just try and live your life hun dont waste it
I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to share that I too am "Dying" for about 10 years. It started when I was a young child and it was very, very mild. Panic attacks and fear of death a handful of times a year. It was a small blessing because it kept me away from drugs and alchaol for fear of death or over dose. About 4 years ago it got worse, panic attacks weekly and notw they are daily and hourly and I am in constant pain and fear. I have real physical symtoms (symptoms) but have been to every doctor and NOTHING is wrong with me. Its all in my head so I'm told. I am constantly dying, I have been "really" dying for about 2 weeks since I found out I was pregnant. I have not been able to breath gasping for air for several days. I am so sick of dying that I almost wish it would happen already because I am not living for fear of dying!! It has sucked the life right out of me and I spend almost every single moment of every day in my bed encaped in fear. I am on xanax but nothing else. I am scared of medications as a whole. If it were not for xanax I would be curled up in the fetal position on the corner of the room! But the doctors are making me give up my xanax now that Im pregnant and I do not know what I am going to do. I am so sorry that you share this same illness, I wish it on no one. If you need a friend or someone to talk to, Im here.
I too always think I'm dying the last post seems something like I've been going through constant sore throat and discomfort nasal congestion palate pain hurts when I talk and I feel Like I sound nasal I've had this for 3 mths and it started out one day as trouble breathing and that about drove me nuts but now I'm in constant pain in my
throat and sinuses it just doesn't feel natural anymore it's the weirdest thing I too have had 4 endoscopes or laryngscopy done in the last 2 mths ER visit and treated like I was just nuts all they did was give me a shot of Ativan and make me sit there for 5 hrs. My mind never stops focusing on my pain/ sensations I hate it can't enjoy my daughter or husband or life for that matter my fear isn't dying as much as it is suffering with discomfort and no Dr. Being able to help me get better because no one knows what's wrong w me that's my nigtmare that I live w as soon as i wake in the morning with yet another day to deal w pain with no answers to why?? I would rather die than live like this so again I wouldn't say dieing is my fear because everyone will die but I'm only 31 yrs old and I
truly fear suffering i think about what I will be like when I'm old and i really do have the potential for cancers and horrible diseases my family has a history of health anxiety my grandfathers life was ruined because he spent most of his life worried about his health and he recently died at age 91 of stomach cancer that he didn't even know he had and he was so old that by the time he was ready to die he didn't suffer at all he just died w in 2 weeks so what a wasted life to
worry and then die at 91 and never really even suffer from the fear you feared your whole life it's a terrible thing what our minds can do I think being a hypochondriac is worse than not being Luke this and actually getting a serious illness I wouldn't wish this upon anyone it's truly a horrible disease in itself and the people that worry the way we all do actually do more damage to our bodies immune system then someone who doesn't even worry at all so
it's a visous cycle no matter what we
will never feel good cuz if it's not one thing it's another
Wow! What an amazing thread!!  As I'm reading all of these posts, I find a sense of relief - knowing that other people are out there who are going through the same thinking process that cycles through my mind so very often...My most recent fear is that I will actually make myself sick by always thinking that there's something wrong - prolonged anxiety destroying all of my good cells!  Is health-anxiety connected to OCD?  It seems like that's a huge part of the problem, obsessively thinking something is wrong.  I'm too nervous to take medication because of the possible side effects -- but I'm sure I need to be on something!!  How do you overcome that???  
In our rational brains, we know we're all pretty healthy, right?  It's the irrational part of my brain that I can't convince... :-(
Sitting in bed now crying it's my
daughters 9 th birthday today and every waking minute ofbthis day has been nothing but dreadful with the thoughts and pain I'm in I can't fcus on anything but myself have selfish I must be or look like to
someone else whole walking through the grocery store  a little while ago I had my daughter by my side holding her cake we were walking to pay for it and ias she's happy and excited about get birthday my mind was literally saying to myself when is this going to be over and what I meant by that was my life.. How sad I can't stand the depressed th
Im 17 Andd Im Dying everyday i have anxity, things have gotten so bad to the point i cant sleep at night because im scared that im not going to wake up, its awfull feeling like this but its good to know that im not the only one, we are all healthy wer over thinkingg things, its the brain never turns off,
best wishes,
xx
Hey your not alone
I'm 15 and I'm scared to go to school because i don't want to pass out and die. Even though my past physicals have said I'm the healthiest I can be
I no what you mean, its horrible onces it happens its always like when is it going to happen agen, im at the hospital atlest onces a week thinking my dieing but they cant find nothing wroung with me, Uhmmm xx
So I am not alone.  I'm 38 and been dying for years now.  I am dying from cancer on most days.  I am sure every ache & pain is cancer.  I've been to the doc's in the South & now I am back up North and in the dr's offices there.  I simply cannot shut my brain off.  I can't explain why I am like this and everyone thinks I am paranoid.  I don't get it and am glad to see I am not the only one!
its really amazing how many of us feel this way...sad to say its actually relieving to know we are the same and not all crazy..im 32..i have 4 children and im constantly CONSTANTLY thinking im going to die and they are going to be left motherless and then this makes it all even worse...every new pain is a new scary thought..i know im healthy..i know i have to keep telling myself to SHUT UP stop obsessing with the thought.. thoughts of whats wrong with me..i know this is somthing we have to tell ourselves were okay and keep the thoughts out of our heads..easier said than done...but it does help to come here and read ..its support for me. this thread made me smile =) thank you everyone
HI I've been dying since I was 18, I am 36 now. Mostly all of it neurololgically related.I have had multiple MRI CT scans. Sometimes It's cardiac but most of the time I think I Have MS which I am for whatever reason petrified of and just whenI think I have a good beat on life Or the  umpteen medsmy shrink has me onto fuction U+i think is working. I think or I start feeling symptoms of mumbnes and tingling and I want to run right back to the neurologist and have him take more pics of my brain which all this radiation cannot be good formy body,to top it all off I baecame a nurse which im=n my case Knowledge is not power. I have a beautiful son I went through IVF for him and It hurts ne to say this but the poor kid deserves a better mom bevcause I  am so self absorbed by my fear and deprssion that this has caused.
hi i have been dying for years all cardiac related i have been at  the hospital too many times to count. its always my heart everytime i start to feel comfortable with a symptom and ive convinced myself thats its alright wham a new symptom comes along and im dying again i feel like im going crazy anymore i just dont know what to do
Are you getting help for your anxiety? I was like that for many years, I have had tons of cardiac testing done and it still remains a fear but no longer controls me like it did. See your doctor or therapist and you may need to look at medication etc. Hang in there, think back to the first time you thought you were dying, your still here. Dont waste your time fearing death, you are not living that way. Enjoy the time we have here.  Good Luck and I hope you get feeling better soon. It is possible to get past it, I have.
I am soooo glad I'm not on my own!! I think I'm dying all the time...every pain I get is a symptom to something else that could be deadly its horrible...everything that goes on or is said I think its being done/said because I'm dying - going to die! Its horrible...so glad I'm not on my own in thinking all this.x
I've been feeling the exact same way girl every second mintue an hour of the day I feel like im dying or my hearts gonna stop I constantly check my pulse and heartbeat it's crazy..my head feels tingly and I sometimes get this feeling of confusion and unreal feeling..and my stomach turns when I think about dying I don't believe my doctor when she tells me im fine ani feel like moons understands me when I tell then my problems they say its all in your head but I always say if its just in my head then why does it feel so real idk its not a good feeling and sometime hard to get through the dayy I need to start talking to more people who have my issue maybe it would mke me feel better I need to stop dwelling about death its ruining my life!!sorry I can't give you any advice I need some myself but just know your not alone
ive been dying since 2008, every little pain is cancer or something very seriousm like currently i have this pressure on my lower right rib, and i constanly think it has something to do with my liver, or a part of my lungs, so im always taking deep breaths for pain tell the point im dizzy then im like, ****, im dizzy could it be something else..ughh, its so frustrating and im extremly jealous of friends who feel a small pain and there like meh, im like !fdnhsuh943 MAN!
Hi there..."Ive been dying since 2008" wow what a statement.  3 years of your life spent feeling like you are dying.  You have a bad case of health anxiety.  

To be like your friends or like you were I presume before 2008, you really need to be proactive and seek out professional help.  Have you done that?  Have you seen a psychologist to discuss these anxiety issues so that they can properly diagnose and treat the disorder?  Three years is a long time to be needlessly suffering like this.  

There are many options out there for you from CBT, cognitive behavioral therapy, to medication.  A lot of people on this forum make use of both CBT and medication, myself included.  I used to be in your shoes, only I worried about other things.  Now I feel great and there is absolutely no reason you cannot feel great again too!  :)  

You & everyone else will die, but try not to anticipate it too much. There's no way any of us can avoid it ~ the trick's to 'live till you die' if you've been checked out as OK just believe it & you'll be fine. As you've found out,yours is not a rare problem. When seriously ill/in imminent danger of getting killed it's not unusual to have morbid thoughts, but you can be treated & make a full recovery. There's lots of meds/therapies available. ~With meds. you must decide if the unwanted side-effects are worth the benefits. You'll probably know all about that I guess? Good Luck!
I am a 20 yr old girl and I can not even begin to explain all my symptoms. Everyday I think I'm dying of something wether it may be a brain tumor Lung bone ect ect cancer or heart attack. I always get this weird feeling in my chest and chest pains and when I get that sets me off in this panic attack. I just wait for the minute I die. It's a horrible feeling and I wish it would stop. I'm not on any meds because iv seen the affect it has on people. I try to calm myself but sometimes that makes me worse. Every story iv read on here I can relate to, I thank god that I'm not alone in this. I just wish there was more support fir people like us. Because unless u suffer with this noone knows just how bad it really is and how mentally and physically draining living everyday life in fear is
"Im not on meds because I've seen the affect it has on people"  What effect is that?  I know that I take medication and I went from being in an all out OCD irrational thinking/anxiety/depressive state to my regular self again.  So don't rule them out becasue of other people's bad reactions to medications.

You are right in that unless you have this disorder, it is hard for others to understand.  They want to say "just stop thinking about it."  But you and I both know that doesn't work.  But what will work is you being proactive and seeking out a psychiatrist who can properly diagnose your disorder (Health Anxiety I believe) and treat it.  There are ways to treat it other than medication.  It is called cognitive behavioral therapy.  You can learn these techniques and see if they help you with the everyday anxiety you are going through.  A lot of people use both CBT and medication.  I know I do.  

So be proactive, get yourself a good psychiatrist, and end this awful feeling that you are going to die.  We are all going to die someday but we don't have to sit around waiting for something that is most likely 70 years down the road.  
I also have this problem im afraid i have cancer. Multiple tests done now im afraid im gonna get cancer from all the radiation from all the CTs that i have. i get a nervous feeling in my body all day long than random symptoms. All which of course means im dying. I cant sleep always tired body aches all the time, ruining my life I just dont want to miss my sons life. im always feeling on my body and finding new lymph nodes or new lumps. But the doctors always say im fine. im lost and frustrated.Sorry about spelling or punctuation did this on my crappy phone
Im glad I came across this site..I can relate to everything that everyone has mentioned, the only thing is, i have been "dying" for about 19 years now lol...seriously thought, every little thing that happens, dizziness, headache, chest pain...I assume the worst...it can never be anything simple in my "head", yet ive had numerous test and everything has been fine....I do get the spinning sensation before a headache, even get a spaced out feeling that scares the crap out of me, and EVERYTHING is worse around the time of my period, i contribute that to hormones..but Im sorry that everyone is going through this, cause for me, I sometimes feel as though Im not living for fearing Im always dying, so Im just existing which is a sad way to live, but on the other hand, it helps to know Im not alone cause thats exactly how I feel, like nobody can relate and understand how I feel...Good luck to all...hopefully we will be responding to each other 20-30 yrs from now and be able to laugh at ourselves (one can hope lol)
I'm having the same issue. Right now I'm up because of me freaking out and sometimes it's not even cause of any pain or anything like that. I had the issue when I was a kid but some how I pushed it away but now it's back. I keep trying to tell my self to chill because I'm not going to enjoy the life I do have if I keep freaking out about dying. But it's so hard. The worst part is Ill get like a head ace and next thing you know I'm on Web MD thinking I have a tumor or something. My husband has gone as far as to block web md because I've kept him up because I was having a panic attack because of something I read.  I was known in the medical office on base but what freaks me out is that the military docotrs don't seem to care when you have something wrong with you. Like I went in because of pains in my abdomin (abdomen). They pressed around and told me it was gas and didn't even run any test. AND they put me on an antibiotic when I was on birth control and didn't tell me that it would effect my BC and make it less effective.
I had this too, i was sure i had a brain tumor. The pressure was just awful and everything was spinning, very scary! on the way to my CT scan i had a full on panic attack, this was the first time I thought it might be anxiety related. When i got home from the scan i googled anxiety and dizzyness and couldnt believe what came up. So many other people with the same spinning and pressure who were suffering from anxiety. I was so sure this is what i had i never even went back to pick up the results from my scan.  I just started ignoring the symptoms and they went away, it really was amazing. Good luck :)
I am utterly convinced that I am dying. I believe I have cancer, but I am so afraid of finding out I'm right I can't tell anyone or go to the doctor. I'm getting married in a few weeks time & I'm absolutely petrified that if I go the doctor he will confirm my suspicions, & everything will be ruined. I'm so scared, & I feel like I can't tell anybody without them thinking I'm insane.
Has she had extensive thyroid and adrenal tests TSH T3, T4 AND REVERSE T3 ? , fatigue and anxiety will cause migraines as well as PMS for myself before and after for me since age 34 no hormones. throid issues, chronic myofacial pain,multiple spinal prob spndylosis ,arthritis,bonesprus degeneration, (R) leg nerve damage & knee arthrits form 3 accidents, neck broken in hihg school, thorasic from abuse ...then a work related injury that placed me on permanent SS disability... that keeps me soo fatigued i cannot stand it My virtigo superceded a*** breakdown from being up for an entire week straight in such knotted unimaginable pain. Well positivity is a mindset, it comes form knowledge and faith=strength remembering that laughter can heal any heart and illness if you believe it can It is a learned behavior and never giving in or giving up is from believing!
Hi I am only 11 and have the same problem. I have really bad heartburn and acid reflux and I've think I have every life-threatening disease know to man! I've thought of throat cancer, bleeding throat, everything!! I've seen a doctor but haven't gotten ANY sleep in the past month because,I,too think I'm dying when I have chest pain and a fast heartbeat and I'm afraid to fall asleep. When I tell my parents I'm dying they ignore me and say I'm being a hypercondriact and it's all In my head. I SWEAR there is something wrong with me and I need help overcoming this because this anxiety is taking over my life and now I'm crying 24/7 plus I can't enjoy the things I love most.
i have multiple immune disorders and have multiple health issues and chronic myfacial pian and spinal spondylosis nd yes have nearly literally died.., a husband that cheated and left me  for  best friend and next door neighbor  and...said get this not unusal he was sick and tired of taking care of a sick wife!" when in fact he was a belitteling practicing alcoholic and notI had worked 14 hr days and my youngest daughter practaclly raised by her older sis.:( now , i would like for you to get better becasue my psychologist is trying to get to the bottom of the source what ''fears me the most =
ANXIETY response My health or  reoccuring infections &illness , plus fatigue from severe chronic knotted physical pain causes gr8 fatigue how about you you are soo young! You cannot drink soda or eat spicy foods if you are having this issue "esophogus is very sensitive and most likely needs treatment i wish you the best! /for now practice POSITIVITY MINDSET THERAPY... it is a learned behavior that has saved me after a full breakdown after being awake for a week in severe chronic myfacial pain besides the other spinal list and medatation brings Anxiety lels to an halt!
Sb Lori
wow...i had no idea so many people were experiencing what i am...ive had this "dying" problem since i was 18(i am now 28). During my episodes i am in constant fear that my heart is about to just stop working or im about to collapse...these episodes often last for days and they come and go as they please...i remember for more than a year i didnt have any serious signs of anxiety and then all of a sudden it hit me like a brick wall and i was unable to leave my own house for almost 3 months...i was always so tired and felt dizzy everytime i stood up..i would get heart palpitations and every small little step i took i felt as if it would trigger a heart attack. Ive been to the doctors on several occasions during the first few years but everything always checked out fine...so i stopped going because i was always feared with the same symptoms..and of course other smaller symptoms would come and go..but wow...i am very glad to have stumbled upon this site...it really gives me a sense that i am not alone and that there are people out there who know what im going through...everyone i know including my family just think im crazy T_T....
hi. I am in terrible fear of dying. When I was a child I had a daydream about my death coming at age 36. Now I am 37 and I think I am on borrowed time . I think every single thing in my body is a sign of cancer. I have a panic attack sometimes twice a day. I don't know what to do. I am going to the doctor next week. I have done some stupid things over this such as take too many pain killers. I think I was subconsciously wanting to get it over with.
So my story is I'm 20 and as of June I had a crazy panic attack, (felt like nothing was real, couldnt breathe, felt weak, etc) after that I've constantly felt like I'm dying, I have chest pains, head pains, my mind feels like its weakened, some thoughts make me feel uneasy, almost daily!!!! I've been to the doctor and had so many test done and they say I'm healthy like a 20 year old male should be, but I don't believe it,some days I can't even leave the house cause I'm depressed...I'm seeing a thearapist every week, I just freak out cause I'm so unsure about so much stuff now, and my chest pains and head pains really freak me out and it makes my anxiety so haywire, I almost have throat pains back pains ARM pains, the whole nine yards, does anybody kno what this could be? I've always been such a happy person untill these past two months, I'm not myself anymore and can't think positive about anything anymore, I just wanna cry its taking over my life. Please any information about my symptoms would mean the world to me!! Thanks
Hi my names teena and have only just started having anxiety sometimes I te my self maybe it's not that but it has to be I've been told this. Things keep happening to me I had the whole heart worry and had that tested all fine but now I'm having headaches and think ivd got something seriousley wrong with me. I can't stop thinking about cancer or seriouse health issues I'm so scared... Should I ask for medication
ive been going through this for about 10 years one day its my heart then the next its my brain more recently its been my lungs for about 4 months now ive been going to the hospital atleast 2-3 times a month i swear i have something wrong with me but they keep telling me im just fine i have two daughters that i dont wanna leave behind it scares me so much and i understand what you and everyone else on here is going through i hate feeling this way it drives me nuts i think i and everyone on here needs some therapy lol and not in a bad way and ive never been on any type of meds for this which would probably help im afraid to tell anyone about any pain i have anymore cause i dont want people to think im nuts this disorder has control of all of our lives!!!! and i wish more people would understand it its not something we have control of like others do and the pain is really their for us and can last for very long periods of time and make sure you all stay off of google lol or you will think you have every other problem you see cause 1 or 2 of your symtoms (symptoms) match lol i still do this all the time!
I never had anxiety before in my life tell just recently and it *****!! No one gets me and every day I think I am dying I drink a lot and resently l thought I had liver disease so I went to the doctor and got a liver function profile it was good now I cut down on my drinking just cause the doctor said I should and I know my habits were bad I'm working on just quitting completely . But the thing is I still think I'm dying of liver disease even tho they said I'm fine. And now it's my pancrious too and gull bladder because I get a pain in my abdomen I live my life in fear and worry about my health my bf and family all say oh your fine don't worry but I don't  believe the doctor even so I can't believe them and they are sick of me talking about my health all the time. It ***** so bad to have to get up even because I always think I'm dying I don't want to take meds because I use to as a kid and they made me feel not myself and like a zombie I'm just hopeing that I can over come this myself dose anyone know any thing that helps them when they feel like this that could help me? 
It used to be I always thought I was having a heart attack and lately it's I feel I can't breath or my throat is closing up. When I feel like this I go to panic/anxiety sites like this one and read stuff, and it makes me feel better like I'm not alone. Also sometimes I tell my husband bc saying it out loud makes it sound silly. "hey honey I think I'm having a heart attack." he is not real sympathetic which actually is good bc he snaps me out of it!
I'm 22 years old. I got health anxiety like crazy. My main thing is my heart, and every little thing that could happen to it. I'm going crazy!! Can't sleep barely sleep. It's only been like 2 years but man!! I never used to be like this. I miss my old life, the old me. I never used to worry about myself until my stupid **** up decisions just to have a little fun. Now it feels like it cost me my life. So done!! Tierd of it so I take a 5th of whiskey to the face here and there. Nobody gets it. I used to be a linebacker on the football team, lots of sports all the time. Now I'm scared to exercise most the time. Even though I'm a beast in the post in basketball haha. I'm 6'3 260 lbs trying to drop a few pounds. Overall this ***** and I have no clue whats gonna happen it the future. Trying to stay positive and sane even though it seems impossible.
Oh and also I feel everybody's pain and struggle. I read a lot of these comments and I feel you guys 100%. It's terrible. At least we are not alone. We need to involve god more in our lives and pray. And be thankful for what good is on our lives even if its little
I have bad axniety and panic attack I get. Nose bleed headache and a scab in my nose iam thinking I have a brain tumor iam alwa in pain because of this axniety iam going so crazy I got wife and three kids I know they tired of this
This has really helped me, I have had anxiety for two years now since having my child but recently it's become a big pain and part of my life, every little thing is bad, like a dark cloud over my head at all time, let's just all think  positive and we can all get through this.
I too have this anxiety.  Everytime i have to go to the doctor I think their going to find something wrong.  I wasnt always like this......but in 2002 I was diagnosed with hep c...which Im good now for 8 years :) then it was pancreatitis then it was mono at age 52!  Ive had a cold for over a week now and a gross cough and im having anxiety cause today is my appt.  By the time I get there my blood pressure will be through the roof which makes me scared too.  This is a horrible way to live and Im so glad I found you people.
i really need help.
ive been having these really weird chest feelings for the past month. My doctor has done several tests on me such as blood test, ecg, x-rays, **** sample etc, and i was all perfect and in very very good shape. The doctor told me to not worry or anything. But i keep having palpitations in my chest and just a annoying tight feeling all day and night. I want to know why this is happening.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP I DON'T WANT TO DIE :(((((
i really need help.
My name is Jordan and i have anxiety as well i am on cipralex and ativan. Everyday I am stressed out that something is seriously wrong with me and that something really bad is going to happen to me. I had a chest pain a couple of weeks ago and now i wait and feel every pain in my body thinking its a heart attack or something else. I feel like i can not control my breathing and that i feels heavy. I hear you no one really understands and i am driving everyone around me nuts.I feel like it has even put a toll on my seven year relationship with my boyfriend. It first started last year of 2012 October 31, my boss should us a video on heart and stroke and it as soon as i watched the video i freaked never experiencing anxiety they took me to first aid and told me i had my first panic attack, but how i never ever had that happened. I have always worried but not until then did it trigger.

I just wish i could go back to the normal days were i didnt feel so scared something bad was going to happen to me. I dont sleep i am loosing my mind and i feel so emotional because i am so exhausted and just done!
I also think im dying ive had massive geadache dizziness lighteheadedness tingling in my head for a week nw n i seear its a bleed on my brain or a tumor. Evrytime i go my docs n even bin hosp they say its nuffin serous bt i dnt believ them i fink ther jus fobbin me off ad they no i hav health anciety
Does anyone still read this?
If you have questions or concerns, or need support, please start a new thread.  The older threads, like this one, tend to get skipped over.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71

Thanks!
I just read the whole thread, I can sympathize with everyone here. I've always been up and down. I'll go months and feel great then something will happen. Like I had a bad sinus infection about 2 months ago that lasted a bit over a week. It somehow dragged me back down into the health anxiety pit. Everyday it's something else.
I as well have been going through this for 8 months already. It all started one day when i was at work with what I believe was a panic attack..my legs started to feel like they were giving out at the same
time that I had cramps in em as well as really bad shortness of breathe and the feeling of blacking out, I went to the e r the next day when I started to have the same symptoms again...they said nothing was physically wrong with me. After 5 different doctors that I visited I was told the same thing everytime..nothing physically wrong with me. One of the doctors ended up giving me a number to contact a someone for mental health. I started trying to convince myself that nothing was wrong with me after being checked so many times but there still is something always bothering me n affecting the way i live. It seems like there is always some kind of symptom wether its pressure in my chest, shortness of breathe, headaches, pressure in my head followed by numbness in my face, and now a "new" symptom blurry vision. Just like the rest of u on here, I thought I was the only one going through all this crap but I guess not. Now it would be nice if we could find out whats causing all this n how we could get rid of it.
iv been having panic attacks off and on for the past few years but just recently about four weeks ago i had the worst one ever and ever since then its been a nightmare i was having panic attacks every single day and on some days they would last almost the entire day and it seems like now every little ache and pain i think the worst and think that something bad is wrong with me every other day i come up with some new disease that im dying from heart failure heart attacks brain tumer blood clots iv been in and out of the va hospital more times then i care to count they diagnosed me with panic disorder and put me on 100mg of zoloft and most nights are spent looking up symptons on webmd and doing that dosent help out my situation and the last few days iv been freaking out about having a brain aneurysm mainly bc the other day when i woke up i went to the bathroom and when i got done i was washing my hands and looked up and noticed that both of my eyes were dilated and naturaly i started to freak out i moved closer to the light fixture to see if they would go down but nothing so i rubbed my eyes and repeatedly closed my eye lids and about 20 sec later if that is when they went back to normal and responded to more light and less light the way they should after that is when i got on my computer and did what i shouldnt of done esp for someone who has bad anxiety problems and a panic disorder and that was going on web md and mayo clinic so i checked aneurysms and looked at the symptons and it said dilated pupil witch on both sites it said the same thing so that calmed me down but i started looking at other sites that came up in the web search and for the most part of those it says dilated pupils so i started to freak out again witch is it one eye dilated or both and while this happen to me iv experainced no other symptoms no head ache no pain in or around my eyes nothing and it only happend that morning and later that night and the 2nd time it lasted less then the first time i know that stress and anxiety and zoloft can cause your pupils to dilate but once i start worrying about something and freaking out about it that's when i cant let it go and it starts to control me...like i said the past four weeks have been a nightmare iv been sleeping a lot more  iv lost interest in a lot of things iv barely been eating idk what to do anymore its like when i start to improve and do better thats when something comes a long and sets me back iv got really great support though family friends and my girl friend and they all have been there for me every step of the way but even that is not enough at this point im just sick and tired of letting this get the best of me
almost forgot im 27 yr old male with no prior health issues other then having a panic disorder
We all share an underlying thread here, that is the fear of what happens after. Of course the pain of dying of a heart attack or whatever else you can conceive is upsetting, but it would not be a huge problem to most of us if we knew we would come out the other side. The real key here I believe is to accept death, then you are undercutting the fear. Not only accept it to welcome it. This is my project at the moment and it is taking a lot of work. I cannot see another way out of this constant fear I have of dying. Not long ago it was stroke, then flesh eating disease now I'm worried about heart attack. It does not end. Like spaz I'm not eating or sleeping and I am a 27 year old male.

One of my biggest obstacles in accepting death is that Ray Kurzweil believes we can live forever if we can just live long enough for technology to extend our lives indefinitely. This seems mighty promising and as there is no guarantee of an afterlife it seems like the only alternative to oblivion. Although in the end even if that were true we still live in a world where we can go at any time no matter how much you worry and therefore until Ray Kurzweil dreams becomes a reality we need to come to terms with it.

Lately I have been assuming that I'm having a heart attack or that I will soon have a heart attack and therefore I'm preparing myself for my soon and imminent demise. I will not be one of the ones that makes it to Ray Kurzweil's immortal world and therefore I am preparing. I have been to the E.R. twice for what I think may be a heart attack or impending one and they have found nothing on ECG and cardiac blood test. Therefore I have no choice in this instance but to accept death. Here is how I have been preparing.

Reading Death Poetry, this poem has been particularly helpful:

Monk Gibbon - The Last Thing
Who'd be afraid of death,
I think only fools
are. For it is not as though this thing
were given to man only, but all
receive it. The jouney that my
friend makes, I can
make also. If I know
nothing else. I know
this, I go where he is
O Fools, shrinking from this little door,
Through which so many kind and lovely sounds have passed
Before you,
Will you hang back?
Harder in your case than another? Not so
And too much silence?
Has there not been enough stir here?
Go bravely, for where so much greatness and gentlness have
been
Already, You should be glad to follow.

Also I have been contacting all of my loved ones and asking for forgiveness, forgiving them, thanking them, and saying I love you.

As well you should get on good terms with whatever God you may or may not believe in, even if you are an atheist, coming to terms with some God so that in your final moment there are no what if questions and you are completely and absolutely ready.

Another thing you can do is make a list of things you want to do before you die and try to make it feasible in that you can accomplish those things within the next few days or hours before you die.

We are all likely to die and soon and therefore it is best to accept it and welcome it as our inevitable friend. This earth is for living and dying, we are born to die, dying is our destiny. There is a lot of evidence of life after death including reincarnation stories where children can remember names and details of past lives they could not have known otherwise. Dying is not necessarily the absolute end, but if it is, you have been non-existing for billions of years before you were born and it did not bother you one bit.

If anyone can add to this list of preparation for death please do so.
i am 38 years old , i have diagnosed myself with numerous heart attacks,strokes, blood clots, anuresims  ,brain tumors, infections of the blood, ms, every type of cancer known to man , allergic reactions to everything and this is just my weekly diagnoses . i havent eaten nuts in years, while im eating i stop and drink benedryl  which i keep on me at all times because of my allergies i dont have..i watched a show that said the leading cause of death in the home is choking so now i am scared to eat at home , i avoid driving because im scared i will pass out and have an accident and die , needless to say i always have in my mind the worst cenerio possible ...i am a mother of 6 and i see my disorder in them also due to me always telling them the reason they cant go skating is because they could fall and die instantly from head trama....they get a bruise thats unexplained and i think its a blood clot headed strait to their lungs or brain ....i have suffered for many many years that i was convinced i wouldnt even still be here...i wouldnt take medications because i would alway research everything and would have every rare reaction  that the medication could possibly cause....but i am here to tell you there is help out there ..i thought i was a lost cause , because i had reached out for help many many times the doc would write meds and that was as far as it went, never took any of them...but in 2002 i visited a doc that wrote me for 60mgs of celexa 1xdaily, 2mgs of xanax 4xdaily and 2mgs of klonipin (klonopin) 1xdaily...she looked at me and said your not going to take any of that medicine i just wrote you are u ? my reply was NO! i explained how i couldnt bring myself to after all the research of side effects, and she sit me down and explained to me that if she were prescribing me a bottle of water there would be side effects, they would even have to put on rare occations may cause death just because somewhere in this world someone has died while drinking water ,NOT CAUSED BY DRINKING WATER BUT BECAUSE THAT JUST HAPPENED TO BE WHAT THEY WERE DOING WHILE THEY DIED FROM ANOTHER CAUSE BUT THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE A SIDE EFFECT...i thank that doc everyday for explaining that to me because i couldnt be the mother or grandmother i am today without it before celexa i was disabled to say the least...after only 2 weeks of starting the medication i was out driving ,taking my children SKATING, to the park, before i hadnt drove in 5 years for fear , i hadnt left my house for 5 yrs due to fear ,please i ask anyone suffering from this condition to get help the thought is still in your mind but your brain knows how to react to iti havent checked mt pulse in years, no more sleepless nights ,i have so much to tell people suffering , please if anyone needs any references or just needs someone to help explain this ...im here
I'm glad to see that there is help out there and one day I hope I can get past this too.
I have been like this my whole life or as long as I can remember. I constantly and I mean constantly think that there is something wrong with my health. The slightest thing can trigger me into thinking that I am dying of some horrible disease. I just went to the doctor the other day because my anxiety has been so bad that it has been making my face and other parts of my body go numb with this pins and needles type feeling! This really started to freak me out and made my symptoms even worse. After going to the doctor and him telling me everything was fine and it was only anxiety I was able to calm down a bit and my symptoms went away for the most part. But of course here I am a week later and find myself worrying about yet another health issue. When I worry I get the pins and needles feeling but as soon as I am able to take my mind off of what is bothering me and able to calm down my symptoms subside. It is a painful endless cycle that has haunted me my entire life and I am really really getting tired of it! Just glad to see that I am not the only one out there going through this! I wish the best of luck to all of you as I know this disease is a hard one to get over.
Wow so many people are going through the same thing, myself suffers from major panic attacks!!! a month ago we had a major heatwave here in australia where temperatures were in the 40's all bluddy week... i had to play tennis but lucky it was cooler where i played. half way through my match I suffered nausea feeling like i was about to vomate. headaches and dizzyness. i went to the doctor the next day and he said nothing was wrong with me my symptoms weren't showing a thing. couple days later i ended up in hospital because i thought i was really dehydrated but turned out i wasn't but they still put me on the drip!!!! i had major headaches more tension wise which wont go away, constant nausea but no vomating or diariah. dizzyness, eye twitches!!!! had ct scan came back fine. blood test were also fine. i'm now into my 5th week of feeling worse. more nausea, headaches still constant, dizzyness, legs constantly shaking, eye twitches shallow breathing and slight chest pain... nobody has any answers :( i been back and forwards to doctors without any answers.... i sit here everyday worrying and crying that something major is wrong and that i'm dying or going to :((((((((((((((((( i feel alone..... nobody understands this feeling :(
I have been having this issue for about a year now and in the last 4 months it has gotten very bad. I have been on anxiety medicine for about 9 years now and it still is not helping. I seem to always be dizzy and have trouble focusing. I have been to the doctor and hospital so many times lately and it is always nothing is wrong. I can't even drive anymore because I have these episodes of getting very dizzy with a far away feeling, my body gets super hot, my pulse starts racing, and I really feel like it is the end. I had a hysterectomy on Jan 8th and ever since then it has gotten worse. I am going to start seeing a therapist this week and I pray this helps. I have 2 children 8 and 10 and I'm so worried about dying that I feel like I am not being the best mom I can to them. I find it very hard to talk to my family and friends about this because I feel like everyone thinks I am crazy. I glad to find a forum with others like me who I can share my feelings with
I'm crying right now because I can't sleep because I think that if I fall asleep that I'm going to die in my sleep. I'm tired of feeling like this. But reading everyone's comments has helped. I am having leg pain and I should go see a doctor but I'm afraid that he's going to tell me I have some terminal illness and that they have to cut my leg off to save my life and in my head I've already decided that I don't want to live without a leg and that I'd rather just have the illness and die. I feel like I'm crazy sometimes. I know that my thinking is irrational. I'm on Buspirone but sometimes I don't take it because I always feel like the doctors don't know what they're doing or that it's probably just a sugar pill because they don't want to give me real medicine.

Argh!
okay reading this makes so much sense to me now.  i have been "dying" for 2 months now ... i was perfectly normal outdoor person i traveled a lot did a lot of activities ... however I'm the type of person who looks for things to make me upset ... anyways so two months ago my friend got sick and when she told me i was in shock i was in complete shock !!! I'm just 22 how can anyone be sick at my age ? THEN all these questions started ... why do we live ? why do we die ? why can't there be a cure ? why not me who gets sick and die ? why do we only think old people die ? SO after all  these unanswered questions i started having strong panic attacks... its been two months and i have not left the house for 1 min I'm always scared i can't see or speak to my friend since I'm going crazy i keep thinking about death dying and how it would be ... i have self diagnosed myself with 100 illness from the internet ... the weird thing is that i had 2 blood tests for everything and i came out perfectly normal ... and the doctor even once gave me an attitude about how I'm paranoid and i should be thanking god I'm healthy ... but i swear something feels wrong ... i spend hours convincing myself I'm sick and even get panic attacks from a rash or pimple ... will this go away ?
i forgot to mention that sometimes from how severe my panic attacks are i actually wish that i just suddenly die and never get ill and go through the process of dying.
Since losing my husband not long ago and being his caregiver ive been constantly dwelling on all things that hurt or a simple headache or something that may seem so small leaves me to believe that something is wrong that I have a sickness I am too scared to even go for blood work because I dont want to know something is wrong or that I will hear that something is wrong every day is a battle of constant thoughts that something is wrong with me I take anxiety pills they help but they dont take away that fear of always thinking something is wrong as I am reading through all these compliments im amazed to see im not alone but also wonder if I will ever be freed o the burden of fears everyday that something is wrong with me I wished I could be the person I was before
Is taking clonazepam enough because even with taking this for my anxiety I still am always dwelling on something is wrong with me
I am also taking  clonazepam...the only thing it does for me is calm me enough to get to sleep and then the next day...it starts all over again
Hi,  I'm 16 and for probably 2 years now i have been feeling this way. Soon i have to go to hospital because i can't sleep anymore. I have had to be in ambulances because i was convinced i was having a heart attack, or a stroke, or something was happening. I don't know what to do anymore, i always feel really faint and dizzy. I constantly feel on the brink of fainting. I feel so misunderstood, i can't sleep at night. It feels like i won't wakeup. I'm trying to quit smoking and i think i have lung cancer. Only my mum knows about this and i dont live with her, and she barely grasps it. i cant tell my dad he would never understand.I want to get so many xrays and check ups, i want to be checked for a brain tumor, lung cancer, skin cancer, my eyes, my ears, i get scared that im going deaf or blind. i get scared that i will have a stroke but not be able to talk anymore or move. Ever since i was 10 i thought i was going to die really young. I cant handle this feeling anymore, i cant handle being alone. Sometimes i want to live in a hospital so i can always have professionals around me. I feel like my brain is going to explode, the stress is emotionally draining me, i cant leave my house, i dont go to school, i dont have a job, i have panic attacks everywhere i go, all the time. I feel like im dying in the middle of the city and i panic even more. I have depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and dissociative disorder. I want to be like other girls my age. I cat explain this feeling, i never feel like i have put it in the words that fit. Its so frustraiting. My councilor thinks when i say "i feel like im dying" its a kind of term for my depression. how do i explain this to anyone! what is happening to me will it ever go away? can i ever be normal and happy?
I HAD THAT SAME FEELING WITH ALL THE ODD FEELING GOING ON IN MY BODY FOR 10 YEARS PLUS, THANK GOD ITS GOTTEN BETTER BUT STILL WEIRD STUFF GOING ON BUT NOT AS OFTEN. BEFORE IT WAS ALL DAY LONG. NOW I KNOW I AM NOT DYING FROM IT BUT I DO UNDERSTAND THE FEELING.  WISH IT WOULD STOP ALREADY IT IS HORRIBLE.   JUST PRAY AND HOLD ON TO POSITIVE STUFF. PRAYING FOR YOU AND ALL OF US.  I KNOW YOU THINK YOUR ALONE BUT YOUR NOT.  MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT I CANT NOT STAND UP FOR MORE THAT A FEW MINUTES, FOR 10 YEARS ALWAYS IN A CHAIR MY LEGS TURN RED LIKE THE BLOOD IS NOT STAYING WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE LIKE POOR CIRCULATION BUT ALL THE TEST COME BACK FINE. GO FIGURE.
yes! i lose all feeling in my fingers and hands constantly, and it moves up to my arms etc i feel like i will fall. Its so frustrating!
I'm 21 years old and i have the exact same issues.  I used to go to the doctor all the time and even just tell them i have anxiety, please just do some tests so i know im not dying.  I've been on all types of anxiety meds and some help but i hate relying on them.  the pain is real though, i smoke about a pack a day of cigarettes and just last night i started having chest pains.  it started getting hard to breathe and all i did was cried and begged my boyfriend to take me to the hospital.  thankfully he told me just to lay down and eventually i fell asleep and now i'm fine.  i still feel the pain in my chest but i'm calm about it.  i dont know what to do about it anymore, i'm scared to go in public just in case i have an anxiety attack.
im glad i got to read everyone's comments it helped me comedown a bit. i couldn't take it anymore so i decided to serch my symptom online and im so glad i opened this page.
1st off i have not yet been told by the doctors i have anxiety although i have had a hand count of friend and family members tell me they think i have anxiety.
i relate alot to each and everyone's comment im only 23 years old with two beautiful kids.
ive felt really lonely at times and like if nobody will ever understand me nor what im going threw.its really hard and it depresses me cause i feel like i cant even explain to anyone because they will think im probably crazy.
i always feel like im going to die and if not what ever i am doing at the moment i think of different deaths that can happen to me.i try to get these thoughts out of my head but its really hard i cant even watch violent movies cause i put the mental picture in my head and its hard to take out.  i go to the doctors for any reason and i as well diagnose my self with things i dont have.
i cry almost everyday 2 to 3 times a day at least and it can be for nothing. i feel like my heart is going to stop and like i have breathing problems.then my stomic feels really weird like that feeling when i was a kid waiting for Christmas day. i cant watch scary movies i mentaly have it pictured on my head happening to me until i give up and little by little the mental picture goes away. i as well sometimes wont be able to fall asleep cause i feel like if i fall asleep i wont wake up.
I am thinking it's related to significant anxiety.  General, then appears in certain areas.  I notice it in myself more when I don't feel safe or I'm really tired and having a tough time with anxiety.  I watched The Doctors show once, because the young Dr was cute and funny.  They mentioned that during their medical studies, all felt like they had cancer symptoms when they studied cancer, heart attacks when they studied that and etc.  I thought that was funny.  I truly believe motherhood specifically, or Dad's if they are the primary care for the kids from early on, that with all the medical training we receive while  visiting the Dr plays an important part also.  I can recite so many symptoms to watch for, when you need to take them in and what meds to use and home help.  That's why we usually have a medicine shelf that looks like a pharmacy.  It's actually to keep you from using a general medicine that has three meds combined in it when you only need one.   It's not that you over medicate.  If you did there would have 3 bottles in there.  One for the top half, middle half and the bottom half.  I know that equals 1 1/2.  but it sounds better.  

Motherhood aside though, I've always been a worrier.  That's seems to be something we all have in common.  And they tell us all the time to catch things early.  How the heck do you do that without always raising flags for yourself.  I'm going to ask the next couple Dr's I see.  lol  

So my thinking is:  Anxiety, worrier and just enough information to make me dangerous.  And following the medical advice to pay attention to symptoms to catch things early, too literally.  Exactly as directed. lol   I'm slightly obsessed with figuring it out for anyone.  Not necessarily needing to do anything about it.  But probably just reassuring myself and to encourage relatives with major symptoms to go to the Dr.  I can do that best by being armed with real information.  I have always been interested in medical things since I was about 9 or 10.  I wanted to be a nurse.  Maybe that's it. lol
VERY IMPORTANT!  I don't mean to add to any concerns at all.  However, when real symptoms occur such as fainting, or hives... do check it out.  It may be diagnosed as the flu, exhaustion, seizure and that kind of thing.  

I found my 16 year old daughter in the bathroom having what looked like a seizure.  She was on the toilet and it must have just "happened."  She's just gotten up a bit before.  She had severe stomach cramps.  She'd had those off and on since she was about 9.  They would go away in about 20 to 30 mins and off to school she would go.  Before the fainting spell, she would get a deathly pale look and look really unfocused and just lay there.  Well, she was/is very sensitive when she gets sick.  It is very dramatic when she gets a cold.  She appears REALLY sick when she just has a cold.  So the Dr and I both thought this must be the same.  I told him though that it always looked kind of like shock.  Pale, sweaty and lethargic.  Tests and etc didn't reveal anything.  After the fainting, he sent us to the lab for blood tests, she fainted there too.  Her blood pressure would drop.  They thought bad flu, maybe. Or mild seizures.  Anyones guess after a bit.  I was really puzzled and scared, I knew it had to be something other than those things.  We had a new tool at my work that included a medical dictionary on the computer.  It was for the staff to look up things for files.  I had to figure out how to use it and didn't tell anyone what I was doing because I knew they'd think I was nuts.  I finally narrowed it down to Anaphylactic shock.  I finally figured out it was BANANAS!  She's severly alergic (allergic) to bananas.  It got worse as she got older.  As do many things, it seemed to get worse after puberty.  

SO DO PAY ATTENTION TO: real physical things that include significan or prolonged fever, fainting and bleeding.  That kind of thing.  Those are real, "now" symptoms.  If I hadn't figured out her allergy and the anaphylactic shock she would be gone by now.  I'm sure of it.  She can't even tolerate a fruit salad that she takes the bananas out.  Or a coctail that was prepared with the same tools as one with bananas.  The two Drs she saw were convinced it was seizures.  And it did kind of look like that except for the severe cramps, nausea, sweating.  The glazing of eyes can be seizure like.  She has done her own studies on herself.  After 4 times, she was finally convinced I was right.  She was scolded by her husband, her inlaws and me.  lol  She just about killed herself doing the last one for sure.  She was by herself and had to crawl to a phone and could hardly talk.  Thank goodness for cellphones showing the number calling.  Unfortunately, bananas were our morning fruit before school and etc.  Don't be so worried.  Just look for absolute symptoms at least.  I usually reassure myself by confirming what I already know.  It could be that, but probably not because I always worry too much.  So now I just watch for those kind of things.  Folks like us on here reassure the rest that we are not alone in our worries.  I appreciate all the sharing and wisdom.  
I am also amazed by how anxiety can affect us.  I had real trouble breatihing for a long time.  I would get light headed and all.  What I mistook for shallow breathing or breathlessness was anxiety breathing.  I had it so often I got used to the idea of it just being a symptom of something.  But not killling me kind of thing.  Soon I had the chest pains and choking.  I couldn't swallow or breathe.  That I found out later was the first of my full blown anxiety attacks.  Nasty stuff.  Now I can calm myself and alleviate the symptoms just because I know what they are now.  Soooo much better.  Still get them, but now know what they are and how I can get rid of the episode.  lol  
I too have these thoughts and i am 17 years old and i am scared i might hurt myself because of these thoughts i am also an ativan and it works wonders but i am starting to get addicted to it please help.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status