I am planing to taper my alprazolam SR .5mg .Please advice
I am planing to taper my Alprazolam SR .5mg .Please advice.I am on .5mg -0-.5mg .I am planing to cut the night dose by breaking the pill to half (.25mg) .But I heard that the SR should not cut since it has some slow release issues .Unfortunately there is no .25 SR available . only plain the regular is available .So what to do ? Anyway I had already taperd of the night dose by cutting it and was on the half  for the last 3 weeks (only for night dose) And before two days I have stopped the night dose fully. Having only morning dose .I Also having Tianeptine for depression and Pregabalin for pain (but not helping with pain.I think it will help for my Alpra withdrawal  on 7mg-0-75mg).After skipping the night dose ai am having depression and pain .Is this normal?

Please advice

We are not permitted to give specific tapering advice.  Benzos really should be tapered under close supervision of your doctor, especially since you're on a sustained released formula.  Please don't attempt to do this yourself.  A benzo taper is very doable when done properly.

Keep us informed, let us know how you're doing!
And make sure whoever helps you with this treats you as an individual, not a generalization.  It takes as long as it takes for each person.
banzos and alcohol are the only 2 with which withdrawal from can kill you.  ask a doctor first