Anxiety Community
I don't know if I have an anxiety disorder?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I'm a student and I can't handle new situations! I recent go a job in a busy cafe and after the first shift I didn't sleep as I was worrying about the next one! I was two hours into my shift and I kept having dizzy spells and could feel myself panicking!  I felt like I was doing everything wrong and everyone was talking about it! I asked to go on my breaks as i felt like I couldn't breath! In the end, I had to go home and I quit my job as I couldn't continue to feel like that. This wasn't the first time I had felt like this as when I first started secondary school 7 years ago, it was the worst time I was sent home everyday as I kept having panic attacks! I don't know what I could do to help this, and I don't know what it is? Any advise on what I can do at home to help this?
A new job or any change can be stressful.  The key to keeping anxiety down is to practice relaxation abd to really learn to change your thought process while anxiety is happening.  One thing that worked for me is to tell myself it's ok to panic or I've been through this before or through much wise and survived. Allowing yourself to let it happen usually allows me to get over it quickly and move on instead of fighting it.  
Hey,

What you explained does sound like anxiety/panic. I'm trying to remember what steps I took when I was first discovering all this. Knowledge is key!! Research as much as you can about anxiety and associated disorder's. Which hopefully you can do from home. Remember to keep in mind though that you shouldnt worry about having or getting all the disorders that you read about as that again can create more anxiety. Learn what you can handle and what you can not and try to find a way to handle the things that you can not by figuring out why you are able to handle some things. I hope I'm making sense. For example, if you can handle being around 2 people but not 5, why?? What is it that you fear??

NME4483 makes a good point. I often think to myself "I have done this before and it turned out okay", and that helps me push through doing it again.

There are medications that can certainly help. I dont know if you care to take them or not. I just mention it because  years ago I did not know
that there were things that could help.
I just have no idea what it is! I struggle to look people in the eyes, everyone has noticed it! I've noticed it's ever since I lost my lovely grandad! If I plan a day out I worry and think of every situation that could happen and I cancel it because I feel so anxious! I hate talking to loads if people!
Jennc01 commented on Is this withdrawal?
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
melimeli Miss you all, check daily b... Comment