Anxiety Community
I feel like I am going to die

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I feel like I am going to die

Last night, before I went to bed, I tried to remember whether or not I had sworn to God that I would abstain from sex until marriage, I got a kind of a thump feeling in my gut that the question was irrellevant.  It was irrelevant, because I felt, with no reason or evidence to back it up, that I would not live to see the day where confronting that decision would be an issue. I am 20. My birthday is in March, and I don't think I am going to live to see it.

I don't think I am dying of cancer or any other terminal disease, I just think that I am going to die in a very blaze', mundane, statistically common fashion, like in a car accident.  There is no panic associated with these thoughts and feelings, more like a resigned realization.  I simply cannot see myself graduating from college, going to graduate school, being a professional, getting married, having sex, anything like that.
I don't believe I will get to see those things, have those experiences.

Is this normal?
its normal for someone who suffers from anxiety cause thats exaclty what is aid about my 20th birthday and i sure did its all ur mind playing tricks on u. relax.    if u need to talk let me know we can talk over the phone if u search my thread titled help line
Is it normal? Hmmmmmmm. If, by the word, "normal," we mean, "Do most people regarded as healthy think that way?" Then the answer is, "No."

But if we mean, "Do these thoughts often occur among people who are under a great deal of mental stress?" then we could say, "Sho-nuff."

I really not sure what you (or anyone) should do about it. You don't report any feelings of anxiety or fear, nor any phsyical symptoms such as shortness of breath, heart palipitations, upset stomach, fainting, etc. And so, if your sense that you are not long for this world doesn't interfer with your functioning -or anyone else's life- then perhaps you just go on with your life. That is, if the thoughts don't trouble you, then why worry? But I'll bet you will be around to hear me say "Happy Birthday!"

Thoughts of ANY kind, however, rarely are completely isolated from each other, and from behaviors.  And so, it might be helpful to know more about the context of your thoughts. Why did you decide to post on this forum? Surely not just to get a normal-abnormal opinion poll. So, perhaps you will tell us more.

By the way, kalmkidd (who is a panic veteran, trust me, I've read all his stuff) has suggested that anxiety is what's going on. He may well be right, after all is said and done. As for me, I don't see enough data to express an opinion -and I am not a medical expert by any means.

Anyway, if you care to impart more details, I'd be happy to read them.

When my husband and I got together I used to tell him that he was going to end up a widower, that I wouldn't be alive at 25 years old, and believe me, I was trying to make that come true.  I couldn't imagine myself being alive at that age, and was doing pretty much whatever it would take to make that happen (drinking, drugs, etc.)  Fastforward 11 years and two kids later (clean and sober for 4 years now) and here I am, at the ripe old age of 31 amazed that I'm still here.  I still feel like I won't live long enough to be considered a senior citizen, and feel like I'll be lucky if I make it to 40!  It is so crazy to have these thoughts of a premature death, and then so much time passes, and you look back and say "was that really a decade ago?"  I don't know what advice to give you about controling these thoughts, as you can see I'm still working on that myself, but I will say that you will look back one day and say "was it really that long ago that I began to feel that way?"  I hope this helps you and that you felt well today!  Merry Christmas!

Cori
New to this site/forum.  I know exactly what you are talking about!  Have been searching the net for about a week now trying to find some answers to why I feel the way I do.  I am a married 37 year old with one small child.  I was fine (or at least I think I was) until waking up on the 24th of December and thinking that I needed to go to church.  My husband goes every Sunday, but I go only on occassion as it gets difficult with our 6 year old.  Anyway, for some reason, I just felt that I should go that day.  So we're in church not 10 minutes and I get this strange feeling.  I cannot even explain it in words, just that I felt like I was going to die soon.  VERY soon.  Started getting very emotional and wanted to leave to go to the bathroom, but was afraid my child would want to go with and I was worried that something was going to happen to me in the bathroom and I didn't want him there for that.  Thats how STRONG this feeling was.  I was 90% certain that I would not be leaving that building alive.  I did, but this feeling lasted all day.  Kept thinking about how I need to change how I am with some things such as how I respond to my child when I'm frustrated and how I deal other priorities in life.  I started thinking maybe it was kind of a slap on the head from God, telling me to think about what's really important in life, that we never know how much time we have left, so make the best of what you have and remember what's really important.  Then I settled down a little bit about it.  But every couple days I get the feeling that something is wrong.    I've never felt something so strongly before like this.   I don't feel sick, but now every little pain I do get causes me to start thinking about it.  Get a pain in my leg, I start thinking Uh Oh, what is that?    Have had a headache on and off the last week, but I'm assuming its from the stress of this whole thing.  The dog keeps following me around, just staring at me.  She usually goes into whatever room I'm in, so I can't tell if its more than usual or if I've now gotten myself so paranoid that I'm making this something it's not.  Then I went to my sister in laws the other day and their 100 lb lab was like trying to climb on my lap.  He's never done that before and my sister in law thought is was strange behavior for him.  Then I start thinking about how they say dogs can sense things that we can't.  I like to think that I am normally a fairly sane person.  Have anxiety like most people on occasion, but this is crazy!  There was nothing conciously (sp?) bothering me before that day.  Needless to say, I'm now having extreme high anxiety.  I was doing well for a few days, but now it's back again.  I'm sorry I seem to be rambling on, but I was so glad to see someone else recently posted that they had this feeling out of nowhere like I did and I've not talked to anyone about this.  I don't understand why I feel this so strongly.  Any comments from any one would be appreciated.
I have the same feeling and I have been searching the internet, some websites link it to a heart condition (feeling of impending doom) others link it to anxiety. I don't know what it is but I feel weird going to a doctor and telling them that I think that I am going to die soon. This feeling is so real, it is causing a lot of anxiety. It's not that I am afraid to die, but there is a constant stress just wondering if my death is right around the corner. I am just wondering if anyone has more information on this.
WOW, natesmom616! I feel like I was reading my own post. I did a search this morning, AGAIN!, because I was having this feeling. I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, which I think I have had all my life,  but have not been prescribed anything for it. I do not like to take meds so I only take one to calm me when desperatly needed, maybe 6-10 times a year. I am a Christian and do go to church regularly so like you I think God is trying to give me a wake up call. I also think alot about how I react to my kids and look for more patience with them when I am going through this. I also find funny coincidence in my life that trigger the initial reaction from myself. Like for instance, this monring I was laying in bed watching a movie. I remembered a dream I had last night about my husband packing my belongings and sending me away? Also the night before in my dream, my husband packed for the family to take a trip to Honduras? God only knows why I dreamed that one. Anyhow, when I told him about this he said "oooh maybe we are going on vacation." Of course, because I am always nervous my first thought was "maybe I was going somewhere then immediatly that thought was followed with "I hope I'm not dieing" of course at that moment I looked at the TV and the tombstone in the graveyard scene had my last name on it! OK, so you wonder why I freaked and looked this up! Yikes! Do you ever have that happen? It seems everytime I think of something , it happens. Look forward to hearing from you. Blessings!
I also suffer from palpitations and skipped beats that control my life!
Every body worries about their own mortality.The problem with anxiety sufferers is that we dwell on it too much!I also believe that the internet has played a major role in creating a hypochondriac society.There is information overload on every disease and symptom.If I never looked up my symptoms on google,I firmly believe I would not be in the mess I am in now!Sometimes,"ignorance is bliss".
Your post, issued before Christmas, has been around for quite some time now and continues to receive answers.

So, can you tell us.... how are we doing for you, and more important, how are YOU doing?

Don't be a stranger!
WOW!!! I don't believe in self diagnosis (especially those on the web) but I have had the same feeling for the past few months.  I'm 25 years old, and anxiety runs in my family but mainly panic attacks.  From what I've heard from other family members I would know if I was having such an attack.  

The strange thing is I'm not necessarly scared of death, nor am I fearful to do things that may be risky. (i.e. I have no fear of flying or think that I will die doing something like this) rather I feel like I am just going to die, and that it will be something medically.

If I now get a headache, or pain anywhere on my body I feel like that is the "end".  

I guess in someways it's nice to know I'm not completely crazy, that other people have these thoughts, yet at the same time I wish these thoughts would just go away so I can live my life normal again.  Any suggestions for something that may help this?  
BEEN WITH ONE MAN FOR 23YEAR IN 2004 HE BEEN WITH SOMEONE ELSE IN 2005 I HAD A STROKE AND EVERYTHING WENT DOWN HILL IN 2007 HE WAS WITH HIS FRIEND HAVE SEX ALL IN 2007 I HAVEING HAD SEX OR BE TOUCH BY HIM IN 3YEAR I NEED SOME ONE TO HOLD ME SOMEONE TO CRY TO SOME TO TILL ME IT GOING TO BE ALL RIGTH SOMEONE TO MAKE LOVE TO ME SOMETIME I FEEL LIKE DIEING YOU FEEL SO ALONG HE LAY NEXT TO ME EVERY NIGTH EVEN WHEN HE BEEN WITH SOMEONE ELSE I CAN TAKE IT NO MORE I CANT LIVE LIKE THIE ANY MORE I FEEL LIKE KILL MY SELF WISH THERE WAS SOMEONE TO HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP
you need to slow down, and no one on earth is worth killing yourself, you need to get help ,you need to go talk to someone near your home , over the net is great but you need a face to face talk with someone who is there where you can cry and they can help you . life is great and dont let him drag you down, do you have children you can go live with or talk to? ive been in your shoes i know what itys like to love a man and he go out on you , but you have to be stronge and push foward dont give up. plz get help . but we are here if you just need to talk .
I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT THERE IS SOME'ONE OUT THERE THAT IS ALSO FEELING LIKE THIS. I DO SUFFER FROM CHRONIC anxiety DEPRESSION SINCE WHEN I CAN REMEMBER. THERE ALSO HAPPENED THINGS IN LIFE THAT MADE IT ALL WORSE. MY SON IS 3YEARS OF AGE AND I STARTED TO FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO DIE SOON AND WHAT WILL BECOME OF HIM. I DO HAVE ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH MY COLON, IBS, AND WHEN EVER I FEEL PAIN OR SOMETHING I BELIEVE I MIGHT HAVE COLON CANCER AND I AM GOING TO DIE SOON, LIKE MY AUNT DIED OF CANCER AT A YOUNG AGE AND LEFT HER 4YEAR OLD BEHIND. I THINK HER DEATH MAKES IT EVEN WORSE. BUT ALTHOUGH I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY CAN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG EXEPT THAT I HAVE IBS, I STILL GET THESE THOUGHTS. I DO CONTROL THEM BY NOW BUT SOMETIMES MY MIND TAKES OVER AND I REALY GET DEPRESSED AND FEELS LIKE MY DEATH IS SOON , MEDICALLY. I ALSO THINK ONES MIND IS RUNNING AROUND AND NEVER RESTS THAT IS WHY WE THINK ABOUT ALL OF THESE THINGS, WELL MY MIND NEVER STANDS STILL TILL I GO TO BED. IF I HEAR ABOUT SOMEONE WHO SUFFERS FROM A MEDICAL CONDITION I START TO WORRY RIGHT AWAY!!!! I HATE IT, I PRAY EVERY DAY FOR IT TO GO BUT I LEARNED THAT YOU CAN ONLY COPE WITH IT.
Hi, friend. See a hotshot psyche, not a PHD, not your family doctor, what you and a lot of people answering this post do not understand is that these are DANGEROUS thoughts that require intervention. Many lives have been lost due to ignorance on this matter. What would you do if you were told you had cancer? This is just as dangerous. If you do not want to see a Psyche, go to a crisis intervention center, and some of your responders should do the same. There is no strength in numbers in a situation like this. "AH I feel better that other people are the same",  horseshit. CRY HELP, there are lots of fantastic people that will help you.
And are you still alive? I am going through what you went through. Please advise friend.
I had that strange feeling that I was going to die.  It worsened over the course of 4 months.  I did not want to die.  I was not scared of dying, but I was thinking about it all the time.  I had other symptoms also.  After having some blood work, I found out I had hyperthyroidism.  Once I got on medicine and my levels came back to normal, I lost the feeling of dying.
What is wrong with me? Am 53 and for most of my life, have had anxiety , and then the attacks. I was on Lexapro for 2 years,but due to adverse reactions have been off for 3 months.
I have a pain somewhere in my body and I freak. I think it's my heart, or it's cancer. I can't work right now. The Doctor does not want me on more meds, so here I am.
Feeling of dying is overwhelming. Husband is about to have a hard surgery, and HOW will I deal with that. Any help would be appreciated, we don't have the funds for me to see anyone. Just someone help me. btw since I came off the meds, I dropped some weight and BP is back to normal, that is a good thing. It is winter where I live, and I do suffer badly without the sun. I have a lamp, but it does not help.
For some reason lately i have the same thoughts
Here is my story
I am 23 years old, and recently i v been thinking that I am going to die. Not by killing myself while I am doing something but medically.
Back in a day I used to do drugs,alcohol...
Now i stopped but I still smoke some weed.
Once I had a dream that my passed away grand father was injecting some kind of thc and told me to not do it. Than I had seen him in another dream where i hugged him an he hugged me too. To mantion that my grandfather passed away almost 7 years ago.
Since I moved out to America from Europe I v been to the doctor once because its so expensive.
Recently my lower abdomen feels strange, kind of heavy, besides that i think i have hemorrhoids, some weird clear liquid comes out from my butt (sorry). And i have some white dots on my hand and legs( not the body , not the face) that sometimes appear and disapear...
About a year ago this girl gave me Genital warts.. That actualy healed already and i don't have them no more.
All of this now combined together makes me think that my grandfather was a message and that all this happening to me means i am going to die soon.
I am stressing out because of that a lot now.
Any minor pain in my body makes me think  that time came...
I perfectly understand everyone here with same feeling as me.
I am planing to go to the doctor next week for quick check up , because i am so parranoid

I know this is an old question but its better then what I have been finding.
I have been feeling the same way for years, I'm 22, and I really feel that I'm one of those people who arn't meant to live long... sorta like a person that has plans for the future then gets killed in a car accident before anything starts in theyre life, the only difference is that I know I won't live long..sad to think tho, that I can't tell anyone in my family about it cause they would just probably stick my on pills that I really do fell that I don't need. In the beginning I tried to think if maybe I was thinking of committing suicide but I really can not see myself doing that..I'm not much for wanting to hurt my family or friends, well I dont see myself doing it purposely..like maybe I'll be sick like bad sore throat and go to take my med and i accidently overdose some how, i dont know..or maybe I will be hit by a car..I really dont know how its going to happen, but it feels like the longest ill live is till like 24 ish or so..nowhere near 30.
Ok, I see most of you are going through the samething. Every night before I go to bed or laying in the bed, I make sure I say my prayers, and bless everyone that I know. I think my son is going to pass, or husband. My husband was laying in the living room sleep. I called his name...no responds, touched him...no responds, automatically, I thought something was wrong. He was just sleeping real deep. What is wrong with me? This is frustrating as hell. I dont want to end my life ever, but I see why some people want out b/c their tired of having this disorder. I am not consistant in anything except my family. My interests are short, and can end real fast. I try to enjoy while it last. This is sooooo hard to live with. TIRED of not sleeping at night, but in the morning about 8, I can sleep until 2:20 in the afternoon to pick my son up from school. I have no life. I am blessed to have a loving husband, and such a great child. TIRED OF BEING TIRED! Wow, this is crazy, and unfair. I wonder why me, and what is my purpose of life with this disorder. I try to live day by day, but even then, I have my moods doing the rollercoaster rides all day long. Right now, my husband is taking me to Hawaii, and I should be very excited, and ready to go, but I am so concerned with the ten hour ride. OMG HELP ME!
I feel the same way. We were to go on vacation last week, but my anxiety took over and i canceled the trip...or postponed it a few months. But what will happen then??? will i postpone again? My mother and sister went on a cruise this past week and when they left, the anxiety of something happening to me and ruining their trip was overwhelming. Or i would think, what would i do if my mother had a heart attack or someone abducted my sister? just crazy irrational thoughts. Although these things could happen, why do i always worry that the worst things are going to happen? i fear travel, i fear going to walmart because something might happen to me, i fear going to church because i had a panic attack once, and i fear i will have another one while there. One of my biggest fears is something happening to my 5 year old son. I am over paranoid about him hitting his head or falling and breaking something. He goes to his dad's every other weekend and i am in panic mode the entire time he is gone in fear something is going to happen to him. i hate being this way, it controls my thoughts and my daily life. What to do what to do. I am 36 years old and have been this way for years, but it gets worse the older i get.
:)Shelly
Hi my brother died at 22 and for some reason I am certain i am going to die at 22. I have 2 weeks left until my birthday. I have ocd, anxiety and depression. Can anybody reassure me that i am going to be ok?
I  have constant thoughts of death only at night.  I am a bulimic I have been for some time now on and off. I am trying to get myself together because I want to live. This disease has tooken over my life and now I am horribly affraid at night that my life will soon be over and I will no longer see my beautiful girls. I don't even know where to first look to get help to get back on track I guess I am so messed up. My kids father left me and my kids basically to fend for ourselves through life an that kind of have me deppressed also. I am tired of crying and feeling helpless. I know I have a long life and if it was my time to go then its out of my reach but this thought is eating me alive and I don't know what to do. I try to reach out to family but they look at me as if I am crazy I feel alone and lost!
Depression can disrupt sleep and become worse at night. It would be worthwhile to speak to a psychiatrist. In addition to medication as regards eating disorders, cognitive behavioral therapy  can be of help.
I feel these as well, I've had trouble with anxiety for one month which recently result with heart palpitations and flutters and all that for the last 20 hrs which drew me to fear my heart would stop and I would go into sudden cardiac arrest. As of now the palps have stopped suddenly and I feel extremely calm which is really creeping me out. I feel eerily tired, not a normal "my muscles and body are worn out" but like just have the feeling iminent death waits in sleep. I'm 18, in not ready to die and I am scared out of my mind about dying. I'm a Christian and I'm so scared I will go to sleep and awake in hell; you can laugh but these feelings are so real I think I maybe forever scarred from this feeling if I make it out alive. I believe Jesus, who is my saviour will take me to heaven but I still fear death which makes me feel as though I've not properly accepted salvation. I only ever feel like I'm going to die this strongly when I try to sleep, becaus dying in sleep is the worst way to go to me; you never see it coming til it's too late
I too suffer from such thoughts. I have not felt like this for sooo long and I hate it. I hate feeling this way. I have a daughter who's 11, and I often write her notes for the future (ust incase im not here). I know something is wrong with me. You don't have to have a PHD to know that.  I always thhink the worst will happen, i cry when i fly (always expecting death) if my head hurtsi think anurism (sp?), stomach ach-cancer. I HATE IT!!!!  Im not like this all the time, but when it happens it comes on strong. My biggest fear is leaving my baby girl. I had a horrible step-mom and afraid the same thing will happen to her...IDK, i just wish i was normal. i llok at other moms who go out, away on vacations etc. and I cant. ;o(

Its life man.There is no one in this world that doesnt get anxious or depressed your not alone.i Myself have been depressed for 3 months i am a muslim.And my medicine to everything is the quran ,the book that god sent down.And prayers.it makes me feel not alone.It beats all anxiety medicines,Some times i feel so proud that i was born and brought up into the religion islam that i start crying tears of joy.Its a religion of peace and blessings! but i just pray to god everyday for the best of this life and the here after.And remember anything that happens to you is by the will of god.Every thing is all written.The day you where born to the day you will die.So just believe in one god and pray for the best and by the grace of god you will be alright! And also dont forget to ask for repentance for whatever wrong you do.
.I have been suffering since 15 years till the moment. feeling that i am going to die very soon.I was in the last year in the high school(its very ipmportant in our Arab countries)I was only thinking how to get high average,I did my best untill the last day of this year,the night before the last exam i suddenly felt that i am going to die  soon,before i join a university.I did my exam,i succeeded and got very high everage,at this moment i felt am not going to be in the university,may be the plane will crash or for any reason,( I wasin Saudi arabia,and (i had to regiter in a university in Jordan)but God be praised,this did not happen. i joined the best university in my country,and i graduated in 4 years,these black ideas were following me during these days ofcourse,i was engaged after that  and still thinking that i will die before marriage,now i am married and i have 2 children.now when i look to them this feeling comes to me,i immagin them without a mother,I also think about that in most imotional moments with my husband.i don't know why thinking of deing very soon comes to me when i feel that am very happy,for example when i feel that we are a happy family,i connect happiness to death,some times i feel good when i fight with my husband,coz i think if we are happy together someone will die in bad cercumstance,however if we are facing problems this makes me feel that death is away at least these moments.I believe that i have fear of happiness.anyone has such an experience?I would like to hear it,specially from o50 or 60 aged people.
.I have been suffering since 15 years till the moment. feeling that i am going to die very soon.I was in the last year in the high school(its very ipmportant in our Arab countries)I was only thinking how to get high average,I did my best untill the last day of this year,the night before the last exam i suddenly felt that i am going to die  soon,before i join a university.I did my exam,i succeeded and got very high everage,at this moment i felt am not going to be in the university,may be the plane will crash or for any reason,( I wasin Saudi arabia,and (i had to regiter in a university in Jordan)but God be praised,this did not happen. i joined the best university in my country,and i graduated in 4 years,these black ideas were following me during these days ofcourse,i was engaged after that  and still thinking that i will die before marriage,now i am married and i have 2 children.now when i look to them this feeling comes to me,i immagin them without a mother,I also think about that in most imotional moments with my husband.i don't know why thinking of deing very soon comes to me when i feel that am very happy,for example when i feel that we are a happy family,i connect happiness to death,some times i feel good when i fight with my husband,coz i think if we are happy together someone will die in bad cercumstance,however if we are facing problems this makes me feel that death is away at least these moments.I believe that i have fear of happiness.anyone has such an experience?I would like to hear it,specially from o50 or 60 aged people.this started with me when I was 17 now i am 32
Hey, its thesam, OP. funny story, these symptoms went away... well, not really so much went away as bigger things happened in my life that either made it better so that whatever anxiety symptoms i was having decrease or somethings happened that overshadowed some ambiguous future demise.  

The funny part is that i google searched and came up with this as a result.  when i read it, i though, "WOW! thats exactly what i'm experiencing! then i looked at some of the details, and realized that I'm the one who made the original post.  go figure.

Well, now I'm almost graduated, but I just got that panic pang of impending doom again. I think its just a stress reaction, an anxiety thing.  I drink more now, so depressants take the edge off (unhealthy, but meh) and im almost finally graduated.  i think its probably just the stress of a particular situation combined with my fear of failure and living a meaningless life. The only solution is to work through it; the only way out is through. its not easy.  i'd talk to my mom about it, but i dont want to upset her.  my friends are asleep right now, normally i'd talk to them and they'd comfort me.  its not easy, but its manageable.
Hi i also feel like iam going to die and leave my daughter. i had a bleed from my bottem and thought is was bladder cancer it was piles but for three weeks i did not go anywhere kept crying and every medicail issue i have cant cope.
Its amazing, I thought it was only me...Im 44 and i have lost 3 husbands, 2 to Cancer and one got lost at sea qith my brother..I have raised my kids on  my own since an early age of 16..I have never gotten psycological help because I was too worried about taking care of someone else...I think everything has caught up with me..Im over emotional, everytime I hear that someone died of Cancer i feel i will die of cancer also like my husbands and that I will leave my kids alone, Im unders so much stress right now...shortness of breath, no energy, i cant sleep at night,I cry for nothing, even if im watching a sad movie ill start bawling....please someone tell me there is still hope for me...:(
hey guys

Im 22 years old and for the past month i have been feeling like all of you im really concerned i dont know what to do ive gon through all my medical check ups and everything is normal but i dont know why i feel like this -- like im wondering is this like a message from god can one know they actually going to die soon or it this all the effects of everyday life stress such as work school family and all that -- whats going on with me can someone help me with some ideas? i was told to meditate and all that stuff but so far im just praying to god to make these feeling go away

P.s hope to hear again soon
Hi there...if you have had all necessary medical checkups and everything has been ruled out and what you are being told is you have anxiety, then you really need to make an appointment with a psychologist.  Yes, meditation helps to calm you down when in a crisis situation but what you really need is to learn some long-term techniques that you can use everyday in any situation such as controlled breathing.  You learn these types of techniques when you learn cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  It is best if you look for a psychologist that specializes in CBT.  All of the life situations you mentioned above can overwhelm us and sometimes we just need a bit of help to get us back to where we used to be.  So hang in there, be proactive and get the help you need, and you will be better for it.  
Basically your suffering from depression , ANXIETY is the very form of start for depression i had the same problem too years ago but it went down when i started to take medicine and prayers im a Muslim. By allowing  your soul to understand that there is a divine power out there helps , try meditation tap into your subconscious mind ..understand that your having thoughts which is rather distracting . calm down And most importantly PRAY before your prayed on.
Yes its normal when you really can't see your self doing things in the near by future or you don't see a future at all it doesn't neccessarly mean your going to die yes its your mind playiing tricks on you diffinetly anxiety i am sure you'll live and be fine live life to the fullest that's what its meant and don't stress to much about the future leave it in gods hands
Maybe the majority of the population really does have this feeling, some people probably just don't say anything to anyone, but I'm thinking it could... Maybe, possibly ( and I'm going out on a limb) have something to do with the end of civilization as we know it in 2012, no matter how much you want to deny it, look up facts and do your homework and you will see, This approaching time in history (winter solstice 2012) cannot be dismissed as a possibility of a very grim time on planet earth. Maybe we humans have the same natural instincts as animals and we too can feel that something just is not right. Something weird seems to be weighing heavy on all of our minds...we are all connected in some way that we can't even begin to grasp the depth of, throughout time many Mannnnnny humans and animals have passed away and fertilized our planets soil with their body's, and we consume these plants and fruits that our beautiful planet provides us with that have grown in the very soil our bodys made fertile. And the law of physics says that matter can never be created or destroyed, therefore even though our flesh body's remain after we die, our conscious mind must go somewhere, so in some way we as humans are all connected to each other, it may sound crazy but please LISTEN to and actually digest what I said and try to open your mind to a bigger picture and I think you migh understand where this "feeling of impending doom" feeling comes from. I too have this feeling and have spent much time putting a puzzle together in my mind. I could be wrong, but only time will reveal the truth, I hope this helps someone. -me
Definitely feel like I'm going to die lately for no reason, not afraid of it, not sick...just feel weird.  After reading all these posts I really feel like it could be a "message" or "wake-up" to start living life.  Life is just so short and we only have so long to do things.  Watching your kids grow up can be scary and probably make you feel like life is going by even faster.  Having this feeling is definitely making me have more patience and realize what I do have in life.
Uh Oh... Did you die?
I have been there before! Oh man do I not miss when that happened to me.
I have an anxiety disorder. Look it up and you will see that everything you feel is real and youre NOT going to die its just your racing thoughts that tell you that, but its all caused by anxiety. As soon as you read about it and you see that others feel the way you do and your not alone that will be a step for you to feel better. I went through the same thing. Going from hospital to hospital seeked therapists because I too kept having thoughts that I was going to die in a car accident.. it was jst a feeling and I was paranoid to drive for some time because of it. Jst look it and read abt it. Eat healthy and excercise. I promise it will help and keep your mind of things. Take long walks tht helps me a lot. It took four months for me to feel better, but I have accepted thts its anxiety and I jst learned to cope with it and you will too. Dont worry :) you will be ok
I just turned 23 on jan 17 and from that night on I been having the feeling that I am going to die. Its an on and off feeling.one second I'm fine then the next second thoughts are running through my head that I am going to die. Is this anxiety? Its a really horrible feeling I don't feel normal it kind of feels like an out of body experience on a daily basis. Do they have medicine that will make me feel normal again? I'm suppose to get married in April and don't want to have the feeling of me dying on my wedding day.someone please help!
I have been feeling similar to many of you. I am 23 years old and have two young children. I have a history depression, anxiety and OCD and I was tired of living in fear. I am literally scared of everything, so I made a conscious decision not to be afraid anymore, a few days to a week after that, when my daughter was only a few weeks old I was rocking with her in a chair and had a voice tell me loudly in my head I was going to die before summer 2014. There was no point planning for the future because I won't be alive past then. I had spiralled back into living in fears since then. Then recently today I decided it was just fear and anxiety and not to pay attention to it when I had this overwhelming feeling in my gut that it shouldn't be ignored, I shouldn't
Ignore the feeling of death I was having and so now it's back full force. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to leave my children and my parents have already lost one child. My dad fully admitted to saying he would kill himself if anything happened to me. I just wish I had some answers...
I am 43 years old and lately when I go to bed something comes over me telling me that I am gonna die and to write my kids a letter..i get really scared because I have had this feeling before recently.i am not sick or suffering from anything that I know of and I want this to stop..it is really scaring me to the point I start crying because it feels so real..my heartbeat goes stronger and I start thinking about how my kids would be without me.
Am a 16 year old boy,,and its been over 6 years,, hope ur still alive,, well sister I feel ur pain,, its affecting my life so really bad,,and this one time my prophet said I should be carefull on roads and I was like **** I'm going to die,, well I have an anxiety disorder not sure if it is or its actually a message,,feels so real!!! Hope I helped though? If I don't post another comment in 5months know that I have died!! Ciao!
michhh commented on A very inspiring colu...
Amandag78 commented on Almost 8 months off S...
Dreamyone commented on A very inspiring colu...