Anxiety Community
I feel like im high!(Completly Sober)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I feel like im high!(Completly Sober)

Everyday for the past week ive been dealing with derealization...It started out subtle and now I feel like im high and unaware of my sorroundings...Everything is a blur and I feel really limp like everything is in slow motion...Im really scared, my anxiety has never been this bad...I almost called 911 the past few nights cuz I cant sleep and I tend to dwell on my symptoms...Somebody plz tell me im ok I feel like im losing it...Im waiting for my DSHS interview for government aid but frankly im losing my patience I can't continue like this...I need help, ever since my first panic attack last January life has been a nightmare for me...I hope this goes away...Anyone else feel the same way on a daily basis
Yes Yes & Yes!  I have been dealing with anxiety for years.  Just recently I am dealing with very dizzy feelings, kind of out of reality type feelings and finding it very difficult to concentrate. It is VERY SCARY...I will not deny or argue that!  It feels like I am going crazy...I am 29 years old and want to find a way to stop feeling this way.  I do have a prescription for lexapro but I am TERRIFIED to take it.  We are all in the same boat...unfortunately:(
here are some more yesssses for you!! Listen i just recently got diagnosed with anxiety disorder even though i have had it for years im 24 years old. but i used to be able to control it. but now i cant. I too have also had every symptom on here. this started about a month ago and it is the worst it has ever been cuz i too am now going through the dizzy/lightheaded feelings but when it first started i was in a constant state of panic all day everyday for about 2 weeks racing heart and all minus the dizzy stuff. so now i am dealing with the lightheaded stuff i have found if you drink some orange juice you tend to feel alot better..cuz your body is in a crazy state when you paic and that can make you tired when its over.  believe me i know that it is scary especially the lightheaded part and you freak yourself out more by that feeling, but really the thing to do is challenge it and tell yourself that it is not going to rule you, you say so i feel dizzy whats gonna happen will i puke? maybe. will i have a heart attack? no am i going to die? NO and i know EXCACTLY what you meen by you feel high when your not! lol the best thing to do if its really bad is to just lay down and let it happen cuz the more your afraid the worse it will be or try going for a brisk walk outside ya know to try and ground yourself.  meditation works really well too. and try writting about whats going on the key is kinda to go about your daily life and keep busy. these are some of the things i have been doing and i am no longer in a constant state of panic and the dizzy feeling is subsiding..it will get beter but be stern with yourself cuz if you dont pull yourself out of it and stop paying attention to it...it will only get worse. but with time it does get better. and the dizzy stuff can just be a result of your body reacting to being under stress from all this..try and keep your head up and remember that you are not alone...you should really just stick to this website cuz its the best i have found the others dont have all the symptoms of what people really feel during this stuff...stay away from googleing your symptoms cuz all it will do is give you more reason to worry that you have some crazy disease when you dont. i hope this helps a little, and if you need to talk or anyone else needs to talk feel free to drop me some lines whenever you want my e-mail is ***@****
thanks lacey, you've been very helpful. I've been trying to that and so far its been a constant struggle. Anxiety has subside and so as the worrying but due to this feeling of derealization. I've become depressed. Sometimes I feel like there's no way out and that this will never go away. But with your post I've learned there are ways to deal with this thanks so much.
i am 16 an have quit smoking weed and i constantly feel like you do ....its hard to explain though and ive thought about going to the doctors ..what do you think i should do? i want this feeling to go away so bad:( i cant concentrate anymore everything seems like a dream
i am 17 an have quit smoking weed and i constantly feel like you do ....its hard to explain though and ive thought about going to the doctors ..what do you think i should do? i want this feeling to go away so bad:( i cant concentrate anymore everything seems like a dream
The "high" you are experiencing is a form of derealization. It is similiar to a pot high. There isn't anything wrong with it and it will not do you harm.

It is the brains way of "taking a break" from stressfull situations. Also, stop smoking weed. It isn't going to do you any good anyway.
Right now I am experiencing the same thing... Shaking uncontrollably, scared, lightheaded, legs are weak and tingly. I feel like I'm going crazy and I'm going o die. I have only experienced this twice including right now and I really need a answer too. I just want to let you know I feel what your feeling. I'm only 13 but I feel like my life is ruined.
Please dont feel like your life is ruined.  I have suffered with anxiety and panic for years, but there was a time when I felt like it would never go away. Things do get better.  The best thing to do is just let it pass.. dont get scared by it.  Accept that you are having anxiety and that it won't hurt you.  You're NOT going crazy... the anxiety makes you "think" you are.  Good luck and keep your head up ok?
Hey recently like about a year ago I been dealing with axienty and panic attacks my heart races sometimes.. I feel like in going to die...it feels like a bad high and I'm feeling it 24/7 till the time I wake up and till the time I go 2 sleep this is a scary mood it feels like I'm in a different mood like its a game or something I want his to go away..like every1 was saying dont start googling **** and the symptoms will get worser trust me I been did it till this day I just need to understand and live with it till it passes on this is the worst feeling of my life...
I feel this way all the time..ill be 21 next week n it scares me cuz i feel like i won't make it. i feel like everything is slow n fake ..i hate it n wish it stop . things aren't fun to me anymore n I'm always having blurred vision ..i need help please ...i just wanna live my life like i used ti
Yes, I know this was last year but.. I been feeling the exact same way buht mine is like im here but im not here when will it go away it scares me and i dont know how to control it i dont feel like myself anymore aha i want to tell doc.'s or counselors but they may think im crazy or somthing.. Its scary i juss wanna feel myself again :( I want to live my life and feel like im acctully here its crazy i thought i was by myself on this but thanks every comment on here was very helpful! Thank You so much :)
I have been feeling like I am in a state of surrealism for about 3 months now. It gradually got worse over the last 6 months. I was driving myself crazy trying to make people including my wife understand how I feel. I always said,"the best way to explain it, is that I feel like I am high on a drug but I am not." My doctor put me on Zoloft for the past month and I go back for a visit on 3/31 to follow up. I feel a little at ease and I can focus, but my body still feels the same. I feel good knowing that I am not alone and I would love to feel normal again. It is a very very scary feeling.
I would love to know from past post or recent post if there is anything that has helped balance out the feeling.
hey lacey.. how can i get in contact with you i have some questions about this because im absolutely terrified
Exactly what's been going on with me after smoking one day... I got ridiculously high and remained for like 13 hours.I freaked out to my parents... They tried to calm me down but I told them I feel like I'm gonna be high forever... Well, it's one month later and I'm still feeling this surreal dreamlike ...thing... and I want out... So badly... I've gone everywhere with my mind from feeling like God is punishing me to feeling like I've died and I'm not even a real person anymore... It is very comforting to me to know that I am not alone. I am scheduling an appointment with my doctor next week finally. My dad told me that I might be deficient in certain vitamins and probably should start taking some multi vitamins or something. This whole thing has caused me tons of anxiety, delusion, depression, so I think that after this is through, I'll be seeing a therapist as well. I am normally very happy, driven, excited to travel, excited to see friends, it seems like all of that is meaningless right now because I can't enjoy it to its full potential. I don't know at this point. Just praying it leaves me soon.
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
20 mins ago
Swollentoe commented on Ms_C's status
LovemyKids86 Aliyah will be 2 in 2 weeks... Comment