I need a stronger anxiety med, but i also suffer tooth pain (using pain meds) which makes anxiety worse (antibiotics too)
My doctor is not in the habit of giving anyone anything stronger than klonopin but i'm going to need something stronger in order to be more normal, and also cut back on some of my pain meds.  i legitiately have a tooth that hurts, and the medication for it, only makes anxiety worse, if i don't take it.  what can i say to my doctor so that she will be reasonable ?  

thank you

I think you need to address the CAUSE of your pain not just mask it.

If you feel that your doctor is not treating you as an individual, you may want to change doctors. You should also be in intensive counseling because medication will not fully treat your anxiety.
Hello and welcome!

How long have you been taking pain meds? I'm assuming you mean a narcotic, like Vicodin or Percocet?  If you've been taking something like like regularly for a few months, you're going to experience withdrawal symptoms when cutting down, or trying to quit.  One of those symptoms is anxiety.  The first thing you really need to do is get the tooth fixed so your doctor (or dentist) can safely taper you off the pain meds.  Dental pain really shouldn't necessitate more than a short term course of pain medication.  The goal is always to fix the problem, even if that means pulling the tooth.  Have a discussion with your dentist about how to proceed.

As for something "stronger" than Klonopin?  In the same benzodiazepine family, there isn't too much that is stronger, or suitable for long term use.  If you're already on Klonopin for anxiety, it may be as simple as changing your dose, or your dosing schedule.  My bet is that if you've built a tolerance and dependency to the pain meds, resolving that issue will help you with the anxiety as well.

Some sit downs are definitely in order with both the dentist and the doc Rx'ing the Klonopin.  Please let us know how you're doing!  
You need to get whatever is wrong with the tooth fixed before you go any further.  Then see a psychiatrist for an evaluation, they are the most knowledgable when it comes to medications and how best to treat you.  He can also refer you to the proper therapist to also help with your anxiety.  If you can get over this via therapy then this is the route to go.
Some of us can, while others can't and medication is needed.
i'm afraid i dont have the money to have my tooth fixed at this time.  
Did you ask your dentist what your options are?  If you can't afford to fix it just now, he may be able to remove the root to relieve your pain.  How about payment plans?  Did you ask about that?  How long have you been on the pain pills, and what are you taking?  Is pulling the tooth an option?  What kind of work do you need done?

My dentist doesn't really even Rx pain meds...we always find a way to fix the problem.

I would just be worried that you're putting yourself in a bad situation by becoming dependent on pain meds when you don't have to be.  That will cause anxiety issues itself.

Keep us updated!
Most dentists can and will do some sort of payment plan. if you can afford to see the dentist to get the pain meds and also see the dr for anxiety meds and pay for all of that then I am almost positive you can maybe find a dentist that you can afford. I wish you good luck.
I can't picture a doctor or a dentist prescribing long-term pain meds for a tooth that can be fixed.  Many teaching schools or hospitals will do dental work for nothing.  Also there are payment plans offered by alot of dentist if you work the details out up front.  Creating a dependency on pain meds is a serious matter.  I hope you can get this resolved and start your journey to better health.
Your profile indicates that you live in Houston. Check with the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental Branch in Houston for low cost dental services.

You can also get assistance by dialing 2-1-1 which will connect you with a program through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission that connects people with programs available in Texas