I need better sleep to rejuvinate my body, sorry if I mispelled.
I am generally good at falling asleep. But my psychosis from my disability is at it's worst. This psychosis has been as bad as my very first and it keeps me from working and driving right not too. I have easy access to the internet. The weather has been good, so I can walk and if there is someone home with me I could work out in a local gym. Though, sometimes I get so nauseated and weak that my family worries about me when I leave the house. I have been receiving therapeutic treatment for my disability for a little over five years now, I am 25 years of age and very fit and active (usually active my job is physical) . I'm looking for some little known secrets used to clear one's mind before sleep. My medications do help with my sleep. But I try my best to avoid using a sleep aid when it is not necessary. Any help you might give me will help me, I'm having trouble staying on task so it is hard to look through my files for handouts on sleep.
Eat some of your favorite foods before going to sleep.This will take your mind off disturbing thoughts at least while eating.Then try prayer or meditation.Lastly take sleep inducing herbal supplements.
Eating before bed can actually contribute to less sleep, and I would not take any herbal supplements if you are taking sleep aids.  The thing you have to consider right now is whether or not you want to get better.  You said you have sleep aids, but don't want to take them if you don't have to.  The tradeoff there is psychosis.  I can relate to not enjoying sleep aids, but if it were me, I'd prefer that to the effects that psychosis can bring on.  If you're just having trouble falling asleep and not actually staying asleep, I've found that taking two Benadryl before bed really helps.  Many sleep aids help you stay asleep, but don't actually promote falling asleep.