Aa
A
A
Close
I need better sleep to rejuvinate my body, sorry if I mispelled.
I am generally good at falling asleep. But my psychosis from my disability is at it's worst. This psychosis has been as bad as my very first and it keeps me from working and driving right not too. I have easy access to the internet. The weather has been good, so I can walk and if there is someone home with me I could work out in a local gym. Though, sometimes I get so nauseated and weak that my family worries about me when I leave the house. I have been receiving therapeutic treatment for my disability for a little over five years now, I am 25 years of age and very fit and active (usually active my job is physical) . I'm looking for some little known secrets used to clear one's mind before sleep. My medications do help with my sleep. But I try my best to avoid using a sleep aid when it is not necessary. Any help you might give me will help me, I'm having trouble staying on task so it is hard to look through my files for handouts on sleep.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Eat some of your favorite foods before going to sleep.This will take your mind off disturbing thoughts at least while eating.Then try prayer or meditation.Lastly take sleep inducing herbal supplements.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Eating before bed can actually contribute to less sleep, and I would not take any herbal supplements if you are taking sleep aids.  The thing you have to consider right now is whether or not you want to get better.  You said you have sleep aids, but don't want to take them if you don't have to.  The tradeoff there is psychosis.  I can relate to not enjoying sleep aids, but if it were me, I'd prefer that to the effects that psychosis can bring on.  If you're just having trouble falling asleep and not actually staying asleep, I've found that taking two Benadryl before bed really helps.  Many sleep aids help you stay asleep, but don't actually promote falling asleep.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Im actually not even sure a... Comment
42 mins ago
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
Jade59, and 10356 commented on 10356's status