Anxiety Community
I need help with constant dizztness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I need help with constant dizztness

The problem I am having is that I am suffering from constand dizzyness.  I can describe it like this its not like the room is spinning it just like i feel floaty it is amplified by bending up and down and turning my head sort of like its also causing my eyes have trouble focusing also.  If i am moving around quickly like qoing back and fourth between 2 things its terrible also if I walk aroud the block I also get very dizzy.  It is pretty much constant there will be some times when i feel normal but not very often.  Its been goung on for about 2 years now and it is ruining my life.  My wife is tired of hearing about it.  I have been to the doctor and had about every test you can get all blood work, stress test, halter moniter, ct scan, i think thats about it.  I am a 25 year old male.  Back when I got the blood work i had high colesterol and blood pressure I now watch what it eat so hopefully the colesterol is better I was on toprol for the blood pressure but have stopped taking it.  I dont think my dizzyness is related to my bp cause I have been dizzy as can be and had normal bp.  I could go on forever here.  I am under alot of stress and am having money problems so I am sure I do have some anxity but could it be causing this never ending dizzyness even when I wake up in the middle of the night and get up and am dizzy.  Its like its getting to the point where its getting hard to do normal tasks like cook dinner.  As far as my anxitey my mind is contantly racing with thougts all the time and I cant ever stopp tapping my hand or foot.  I also with the dizzyness will feel very anxious like if my wife or a friend says someting to me it just makes it worse like I am always on edge.  It is seriously ruining my life.  Also I have been drinking heavily for about 2 years now and do feel better when I am drunk.  My doctor put me on lexapro and I took it for a week and thought I felt worse so I stoped.  I need help here bad.  Please.
Have you been to an ENT doctor? What you are describing sounds like it may possibly be something with your inner ear which controls our sense of balance. It also sounds like you are having some major anxiety and should get some help for that. Dealing with the constant vertigo can cause anxiety because it's so stressful.

The medication will help but you have to give it a chance. One week probably wasn't enough time.  Try meds and some therapy for the anxiety but also get checked out by an ENT. There is a test they can do to tell if it's inner ear related.

Good Luck
Jerz
I think I could control the anxiety if I could get past this dizzyness it is awful
Hi... It possibly could be TMJ.. there are alot of people who have TMJ,and suffer from the light headed and dizzy feeling, feelings of being off balance. It can effect the eyes, and sometimes sinuses as well. Ive suffered with it for years, thought I had a brain tumor at one point in my life. And was told I was nuts! Then my dentist sent me to an ortho, and there it was! I have severe TMJ, its just an idea that you may want to check on if you havnt already.  Best of luck!
Hi Mike this also bothers me i can be standing up in a room and get a quick Jolt like to fall over scares me in supermarkets too i do all the breathing but it can fly up really quick again

I had something similar about 1.5 years ago , I woke up one morning and everything was spinning. 4 months later after an MRI and hearing tests the neurologist concluded that it was Benign Positional Vertigo. Treatment was a simple maneuver which took my neurologist 5 to 10 minutes to do and then he told me not to sleep on my left side for 6 weeks. and it went away. However I still suffer from a different kind of dizziness from the tight neck muscles and extreme anxiety having to cope with movement whilst dizzy.

Anyway dizziness can be caused by many other things amongst others, TMJ , anxiety, Meniere's Disease, postural imbalances, blood sugar issues , viral infection,  So it is important to see a good neurologist who specialises in balance disorders or an ENT.

Hope this helps.
Great topic!  I have experienced this symptom from the onset of my anxiety (8 years) and it used to worry me terribly.  I have inner ear issues (busted right ear drum, chronic childhood ear infections resulting in 75% hearing loss in left ear), diagnosed with TMJ at age 14, and low blood pressure resulting in orthostatic hypotension.  But the weird thing is I never experienced the dizziness before anxiety came into my life, only had trouble walking in a straight line across the parking lot/open spaces, and a clicking jaw from the TMJ.  I wonder if the reason behind so many of us with anxiety having different combitations of symptoms is that anxiety heightens our prexisting flaws/injuries, combined with the typical flight or fight response symptoms.  I mean if we all experienced the same exact symptoms we might be more accepting of the diagnosis of anxiety.  Just a thought :-P

Cori
scared_dad commented on Why You Might Have A ...
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
Jade59 commented on atthebeach's status