Anxiety Community
I think I may have Inattentive ADD/SCT

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I think I may have Inattentive ADD/SCT

Hi all,

I think I have discovered after all these years that I may have been suffering from Inattentive ADD/SCT (Slow Cognitive Tempo) my entire life. I have always struggled in completing simple tasks regardless of how much effort I put into them. I spend hours trying to figure out how to get started on something, and seem to waste a ridiculous amount of time in the process. The end result is that I just give up and leave the task incomplete along with a million others. It just seems like too much mental effort to get things done and I often feel burnt out. I have had to resign my job because of my inability to meet deadlines and lack of attention to important details. Every day has been a struggle and leaves me feeling uneasy/irritable and dissatisfied. Everything I do just seems sluggish and unproductive. It doesn't end there. I have trouble following what a person is saying and it just seems that my mind has a very inefficient way of processing information. Regardless of how much explanation someone gives me, I still struggle to understand what they are trying to say. All the info just gets muddled up and I get confused very easily. When people ask me what part of the explanation I didn't understand, I can never figure out what it is, and often I just have to pretend that I understand and see if I can work it out later on.

All the above factors have made me into a quiet, introverted and anxious person. I've been having terrible panic attacks and avoid situations that require me to meet people. Right now, I am a complete mental wreck - depressed, demoralised and insecure. I don't know anyonelse personally that has condition and was wondering if anyone here has this condition? Have you been experiencing similar problems to what I have, and if so, how do you cope with this? It seems like a complete inhibitor to social/career development. Is there any effective medication that can assist with the condition?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Yea I struggle with exactly what you are describing. It really *****. I did get medication my senior year of high school and it helped at first, but i'm having a really tough time in college. I think I may need to get some help from a life coach or something. I suggest you look into getting medication and life coaching, because it really is a tough thing to deal with especially on your own. Believe me, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm only 18, but on the inside i feel old and tired and out of time. I would be happy to help if you want someone to talk to. I know that would help me figure some things out too.
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms