Anxiety Community
Im a teen with anxiety problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Im a teen with anxiety problems

Hey im 13 and experiencing severe anxiety. i really need help. I experience trmendous abdominal pain tht got soo bad i was tested for Crohns disease. But the main problem i have is constant gas. No matter where i go what medicine i take i still have the gas. its destroyed my social life. IM always worried about the gas. ive been tested for every stomach/intestinal disease out there and im completely fine.  iknow the anxiety is causing it but i cant make it stop. everywhere i go ppl are giving me looks which is turning me into an agro phobe. ive been experencing extreme deppresion and panic attacks. PLEASE give some advice
Ask your parents to sign you up to see a therapist.  It won't help the gas directly, but will help the anxiety, which of course will help the gas.  In the meantime, drink 8 glasses of water a day and step up your exercise, that will help both the anxiety and the gas.
What is your diet like?  Do you drink coffee, soda, or other things that may irritate your stomach and/or cause gas?   Do you drink a lot of milk?
You have had a lot of tests but what do the doctors say?
Have you discussed this situation with your parents and explained how it's effecting your life?
See the attached for more info that may be of help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence

Dear Guitar,

That's definitely a digestive problem, it will be interesting to know something about your life style, your diet and physical details like weight, height and maybe if you're currently taking some meds or dietary products. As far as I know there are many modern medications for "flats" (gases). Excess of gas in the intestines are caused from taking a lot of irritating food or drinks or bad digestive process. You should start by drinking a lot of water, then some yogurts or products with Lactobacillus to regulate and protect your digestive functions in a daily basis. There is no cause to get panic about this, there is no risk or life threatening consequences or symptoms.

Go to your gastroenterologist and ask him about any exam to detect "gastric bacteria" or some specialized parasites, this might be another cause of it... there are more deep analysis that may find the origin of this... cause I still doubt that you anxiety is causing it directly, there should be another cause involved...

Just try to stay calm and take care of your digestion meaning: food, drinks, meds, etc...

And stay doing what you do always... avoid any unpleasant thoughts from your mind.

We are here to help...

Blessings!

Metacomet
My gastroenterologist has tested me for parasites via a stool test it came back negative. he said nothing in your stomach/intestins culd be causing these problems. he said himself it was anxiety. See anxiety generalizes. it started with being nervous about the gas. Excersise didnt help much cuz i ran long distance in track and it was still happening. i reaaly appreciate ur help tho.
My parents have been very supportive of this whole process. My first therapy appointment is this monday. See i dont want to be nervous about everythng but it just happens
My diet is like every other teenager out there but lately it hasnt been the best. I will try to get more excersise but whatever i do my heart starts racing and i get anxious
Dear Guitar,

Definitely you have to go to see a psychiatrist for this to be treated... or... ask for a second opinion... go see another specialist, It will be interesting if you explain what is it what worries you more, the gas itself? or flatulence in public? And, yes, it could be certainly nervous, like when the little kids pee on the bed, this is due of an sphincters dysfunction.

Tachycardia is not good, if you keep experiencing this... Do not hesitate to go and see, first a psychiatrist and then a cardiologist for your high levels of hearth beat and maybe high levels of blood pressure too... You might even be experiencing some hypertension and not even know already... so try to go with an specialist ASAP and they will give you the right treatment and medications for it. Don't worry it all be ok soon...   :)

Blessings!

Metacomet
Im going to a counsler in a couple of days. i just want him to give me some medicine and be over with it
Just had my first counsler meating it went great
I cant thts the problem
But is the gas from anxiety normal?
Dear guitar,

I see that more like a gastric problem, go and see another specialist.

Blessings!

Metacomet
im being persribed zoloft
labyrinth28 ... Comment
28 mins ago
TinaR10 2 days until I see grace ag... Comment
1 hr ago
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...