Im scared what my son will do to me!
My 23 yr old son is very abusive to me and angry and smashes things up. He blames me and says he isnt going to stop because "its payback time".     I have suffered with depression for a long time and have been sectioned by the mental health act a few times.    His father and i got divorced when he was 16.   He had the option to live with his father or me.   He chose his father at first then 2 years ago came to live with me.   I have another son aged 27 who is an alcoholic. He turned to alcohol when my 3rd son was killed aged 17.   I am at my wits end and dont know what to do with my 23yr old i feel as though i can no longer live in the same house as him. He says the most hurtful things to me.  It has come to a point where i dont want to wake up in a morning because i dont know what mood he will be in. He wants for nothing he doesnt work at the moment. I suggested he might be depressed but he wont go to see the doc. How can i help him if he wont help himself. I am so scared what will happen next.  Please help??
First of all, no son hits and is abusive to his mother. That alone is a sign that there is a problem that you cannot take care of.

He needs to get help or get out of your life. Does he say what he is paying you back for? You do not need to put up with his abuse.
He says hes had a hard life. I think the payback is because i was mostly depressed as he was growing up. His father spoilt him and gave him what he wanted all the time. There were a lot of family issues as he grew up but i tried my hardest to protect him. Its a difficult one as i would really like to ask him to leave but he has nowhere to go but on the other hand i cant take anymore. i sit in my bedroom while he is downstairs watching tv. He just says he hasnt got a life but i cant give him that. He says hes ready to kill someone and is very angry.
Jesus, he has issues. Yes he is spoiled and probably isnt doing anything to make his life meaningfull.

Saying he is going to kill someone isnt normal. He obviously has anger issues and should seek help.