Anxiety Community
I'm so scared someone help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I'm so scared someone help me

I've been suffering with panic attacks for years but always managed to keep them under control but now the last two months I've convinced myself I'm going crazy I can't stop the horrible thoughts entering my mind and it is causeing me to have panic attacks I keep thing what if I lose my mind and hurt someone I'm so scared its taken control of my life I'm now too scared to be around people I have dropped out of collage and stoped seeing my son for fear of huting him because of the crazy thoughts and its breaking my heart I felt suicidal the other day because I'm scared of loseing my mind and hurting my loved ones I just can't stop the thoughts entering my mind as soon as I wake up until I go to bed someone please help me.
You're not going crazy, it's a fear that anxiety has caused you to have.  You need to seek help right away to get these thoughts under control and sort through all of this.  Make an appt. to see a psychiatrist so he can refer you to the proper therapist and get you on medication to help you cope as you go through therapy as it can be a lengthy process.  I recommend a psychiatrist because they are the most knowledgeable when it comes to what medication is best for your needs. Do deep breathing exercises...slowly in thru your nose and slowly out of your mouth...5-7 times anytime you feel particularly anxious.
Write down all of your thoughts and emotions...even if you toss them away or burn them.  This is very therapeutic as it serves as a form of release for us.  Exercise as much as you can, this helps burn the excess adrenaline that comes with anxiety.... making it worse. IF you cannot get in to see a psychiatrist right away...go to the ER so you can get help and relief from these thoughts that are ruining your life.  I truly don't feel you would hurt anyone and anxiety won't make you crazy...but it's very scary and can cause us not to think rationally.  There is so much help for you, and know you're not alone...we're always here for you.  I'm going to stay on here so feel free to write or private message me and let's talk about this.  Just know  that anxiety is making you think this way and you won't act on these thoughts.  If I were you, I'd go to the ER where I can get immediate help and go from there....this is torture for you and you can get your life back.  I hope this helps and we're always here for you!
Mammo is right! It would be best if you made an appt. to see someone as soon as possible! Going to the ER may also be your best option right now. A lot of times they can write a referral that will get you in to see a specialist sooner. I want you to know I understand why you are going through. But I have learned through a lifetime of anxiety and panic attacks that they are FEELINGS and feelings are not terminal, they are not final or forever, they WILL pass, but you also need to seek help and stop feeding your fears. You are absolutely not crazy ... you are suffering from a disorder that is much more common than you might realize. The proper medication and therapy would do wonders for your life! You CAN get back to a normal life ... and you WILL. It all begins with a first step in the right direction. It's sometimes difficult to share our anxieties with strangers, but that's what you need to do to get the help you need right this minute. Stop beating yourself up for the thoughts you are having. They are just thoughts and they cannot harm you ... but don't dwell on them, don't give them any power over you! You have fought this long, this far ... fight a little longer and go a little further! When you reach out you will always find someone reaching back to you ... don't give up, we are here for you too!! Be kind to yourself and get the help you need... Take care!
I used to feel the same way. I wanted to just drive off a bridge! I got the therapy I needed. I have GAD. I deal with it, but I have tried so many meds, the best one with not any complications is my Elavil (amtriptylene), I am on 25mg. I was on Celexa also but it has some bad side effects and made me sleepy in the day time. I take my Elavil at night before bed, and it stops my "movie" I experience at bedtime. I lay there and go over and over my life, the mistakes, and everything, it drives me crazy, but with the Elavil, within minutes I am drowsy and off to sleep.
I believe anxiety can definitely have its peaks and valleys. When I went through this I would sometimes go through months or even years without even giving anxiety a second thought only to have it return with a vengeance. I believe that those of us with anxiety do experience this from time to time and I also believe you are not going crazy. Do you have access to counseling?  For me, this was the single most important thing I did in confronting and dealing with my anxiety. It gave me the knowledge and power to deal with it.  
specialmom Elementary school band con... Comment
Frenchies commented on Salivary gland disord...
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...