Anxiety Community
In my case, Vitamin B complex worked a bit!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi guys,

I've actually reached a point when I had EVERY single anxiety symptom in the book.

I realised that after I understood the facts about anxiety & done all medical checks that I have liver issues as well which drs are not really sure what is going on as liver levels are slightly higher than normal so they'll wait for few months to see what's going to happen.

In the mean time, last time I went to dr, he told that i'm more relaxed (even that I didn't feel it :) ) & he told me to take 2 tablets of vitamin B complex/day for 3 months.

Mind you, I asked him to refer me to psych. but he refused & decided that all what I need is B complex twice/day.

I didn't believe the effect of it until yesterday, I was actually sitting down talking to my sister, CALMING HER DOWN after she had some fight with her boyfriend....me!!!...calming someone down :)

I was actually calm & collective & cool & I wasn't tense at all for the first time during a conversation for around 3-4 months.

I've been on vitamin B complex for around 3-4 weeks with no other medication.

All my bowel issues are resolved, my stomach issues are 60-70% resolved & I have no tremors & I'm not nervous, I hardly get an "unexplainable" anxiety attack for a minute or so then disappears (probably since I don't get affected by it anymore)...my only symptom that still exist is in my eyes which is seeing halos & rays coming out of light at night & it doesn't bother me at all now.

My dr thinks that I might be still feeling the same symptoms but I deal with them calmly that's why they feel lower & gradually they'll go with good diet & daily light exercise.

sorry for long post, but I wanted to share my story may be someone can benefit from it. I did have ALL symptoms of anxiety & I reached a point in hospital that 3 valiums couldn't put me to sleep after 6 days of being awake with no sleep at all. Now.....thank god...I'm a lot better....at least the way the deal or worry about my symptoms is a lot better.

Thanks for all who replied to my posts before, you guys are the best & were of an amazing support in a time that I really needed it.

cheers,
yes it does work i ahve tried it but after a while it made my stomach burn
Congratulations!  Maybe I will give it a try!!!

Congrats!! I have been looking for something natural and tossing around the idea of natural herbs. Maybe I will try the B complex first. At least, this way I know what it is. Did you have any side effects from taking it? Thanks for sharing your story!!!
Thank you. I am going to get it tomm and try it. You said you have digestive problems. I do too. THat is a big part of my anxiety- not knowing when I might go(sorry, tmi!) I really hope this works. I will give it a month to see. Thanks again!!
I didn't see any side effects at all from using B complex. Actually, the reason why its called B complex is the amount of each Vitamin B put into the tablet that helps the body to digest every single vitamin B put in it & helps with digestion & it improves your stress levels since stress & anxiety over consume the B vitamins family & most cases causes defecieny in anxious people that intruptions digestions & causes all the nervous issues.

the first time I bought it, I had a big pill & it was expensive because its herbal based, I didn't feel well with this one.

the one that I really liked is the cheap one, 100 tablets from any supermarket should be around $3 -$4/100 tablets.

If anyone likes to try, don't judge in first week, give it 2 weeks before you try & don't expect yourself to wake up as a changed person 1 day, it slowly moves in & if you happen to face an issue then you'll see the difference in your response to sitiuations around you, I was actually forced to keep taking by my Dr. after I complained so much that I can't see any effect & that he should give me something stronger but then after 2-3 weeks you'll see the difference.
what is the Vitamin B complex?  I know 5-HTP is somehow related to B vitamins but I don't know if it's the same thing or not
I've always had a B12 deficiency when I get a CBC - nothing major - just a litle below normal.  I did buy a B supplement a few months ago but never took it.  Hearing your story really makes me think I should take it.  Thank you!
TinaR10 commented on photo
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status
1 hr ago
Megnyc added the Sleep Tracker