Anxiety Community
Is 60 mg of prozac safe/effective for anxiety/ocd???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi. I am on 40 mg of prozac for anxiety and OCD. My obgyn just bumped me up to 60mg b/c I am still anxious and having increased OCD post partum.  Does anyone take this much? If so are there any increased side effects? Did it make you feel that much better than 40mg? I am concerned b/c the pharmacist was like"whoa, that is a high dose" when I went in to fill it. I don't want to be taking too much. I'm not sure the OBGYN knows a ton about this drug so I was hoping to get some advice here on if that was a  high dose, side effects, etc THANKS
Well, my experience was this...they put me on prozac because Lexapro shot my nerves to the roof.  Prozac did the same 7 days later...they immediately switched me to a sedative - Ativan.  It's worked out nicely.  Again, I stated this before on the boards, for some reason the medical industry is trying to treat anxiety with anti-depressants.  Unfortunately, for most people it doesn't work because anti-depressants are basically UPPERS and they make you more anxious!!  I don't get it...I had a friend go into a seizure due to being put on Lexapro.  This stuff is dangerous.  You should really ask your doc to change your prescription and put you on a sedative.  If he/she doesn't totally respect how you feel, go to a different doctor before you wind up in ER for an anxiety or panic attack due to that dose.
Thanksgiving day panic
47 mins ago by JamesC186282
meuhmy added the Weight Tracker
djpepper joined this community
Welcome them!