Anxiety Community
Is is bad that I think I see people in my peripheral vision?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

lol I certainly sounds bad but I don't think it's a hallucination. Usually though when my stress level is way up or my anxiety level is high I'll see a shadow or vague shape in my peripheral vision. My mind always thinks it a person standing there and it startles me and I look in the direction of the "person" but of course nothing is there. It's been happening more frequently than I'd like.
That is something is a symptom of anxiety is seeing thing in your peripheral vision. So you are not just seeing things or crazy. It's normal to see spots or shadows out of the corner of your eye.i hope this helps!
lol well I've always thought I'm crazy. (just kidding) but yeah I figured it was something common related to anxiety. Thanks
I did hallucinate a couple years ago but I was really drunk, stressed, and angry. I thought I had tiny spiders crawling on me.
Lol your welcome I see black spots so if your crazy I am too
Having anxiety makes you over-analyze yourself so that is why you are spending so much time studying your peripheral vision. Just writing this note makes me focus on my peripheral to the point I am not looking straight ahead, so will be glad when I forget about it in a few minutes and go back to normal.
I understand your point but usually when it's happens I'm not thinking about it at all
I think you all are too young to suffer from vision "floaters"  I first saw them in late middle age years, but I suppose they can happen in younger people and perhaps more so if there are stress/anxiety issues.

You may want to do a search on vision floaters, or eye floaters.

Best I can recall they are physical and caused by blood in the eye ball.  They don't really "float" they move with the eyeball so when the mind detects them on the peripheral of vision and the eye turns in that direction to see what it is, it moves in the direction of the eye movement, appearing to float away.

I hear noises and see shadows from time to time, and I am usually startled - but then I am overly cautious about intruders and have motion sensing lights on all sides of my house - so if anything comes near the house lights go on.  When that happens so far it is a deer, or other animal, perhaps a dog,or the wind causing trees to move.  Most of the time I don't see the lights come on, so if it is a trouble maker my hope is the light will make them turn away.  Not sure how this relates, but while I know there are some very unsavory people out there in the dark, it is very unlikely they are there... this concern contributes I think to seeing motion and hearing noises.  Yep, anxiety and stress, self induced.  
FOODS NOT TO EAT!
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
10356 commented on Joe's Team!
Dalubaba commented on Dalubaba's status