Anxiety Community
Is it panic attacks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Is it panic attacks?

Hello everyone,
I am 32 year old female and for the past 5 months I have been experiencing dizziness, headaches papitations, fatique and hot and cold sweats my doc tested me for diabetes, aneamia, thyroid and high chloestrol which were all negative and she heard a heart murmur so referred me to a cardiologist I also had an echo which was normal, the cardiologist said everything was ok with my heart I am now waiting to be fitted with a holter monitor which I have to wear for 1 wk.
I went back to my doc and asked her if I could be experiencing panic attacks, she didn't think so but perscibed me citralpram for 1 month and then I have to see her again, the meds seem to be working but I have absolutley no idea if it is panic what caused it. But will the meds interfer with the heart monitor just in case there is an underlaying problem and the meds are just masking it, any advice would be great?
Hi,ur symptoms do sound similar to mine,i been to the cardiology department twice,did 2 stress test,an echo,ecgs and all came back fine,not to mentioned alot of ECGs,bloodtest,thyroid at the A&E which all came out fine.I am schedule for a 24hour holter next month by the cardiologist because of my on and off chestpain,which might be due to anxiety but just to be on the safe side,its best to do all those cardio test to rule out any cardiac problems.
In my opinion u had all those cardiac test and thyroid test which came out fine,more likely that your heart is fine,one more thing is did they check your blood pressure? as low or high BP can cause dizziness at time.
Hi, beacuse your symptoms mimic both heart problems and panic attacks, it's good that you rule out the heart first.  Because of your age and the fact that all your tests were normal, I doubt it's your heart.  But the heart can act up one time and not another, and this is where the heart monitor comes into play, and you always want to rule out other issues first.  I would contact your cardiologist about taking the medication while wearing the monitor, she would know best. Take care.
Hi thanks for the advice but my bp has always been fine, because the meds are working my doc has put it down to panic but I have still got to wear the monitor for a week and that will show if anything is wrong, would just love to know what caused the panic in the first place?
I don't think that there has to be any particular incident or event to cause panic attacks.  I have been just going about my daily business and had horrible panic attacks completely out of the blue.  I think there is a genetic predisposition to them honestly.  My grandmother, mother, 2 aunts and my sister have them too.  I do seem to get them though when I have been undergoing long periods of severe stress.  My husband had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass in April and by September my long gone panic attacks were back full force.  
mishymoshymarcy I am okay... Marcy, you are... Comment
remar commented on photo
lynnsee idk what to do Comment