Aa
A
A
Close
Is it safe to take Clonazepam for anxiety and stress
I've been prescribed clonazepam for anxiety and I worry about taking it I have tried other medicines as well do not work for me is this medicine helpful has it helped anyone out there. Please respond if it has are have not
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
954005 tn?1304630205
I have taken Clonazepam before...when I started Paxil for my anxiety, my doctor gave me Clonazepam to take for the first month or so while I got used to the Paxil (because when starting Paxil, you can feel worse before you start to feel better).  So, for the purpose it was prescribed for me, it worked.  If you are having short-term anxiety, it may be a good choice for you...because it is very addictive, so every day use is not always recommended.  But if you have long-term anxiety, like GAD, you may want to look into an every day medication like an SSRI.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Clonozapam  helps my anxiety from ptsd , but  getting off the 2 milligrams I take ,would be nearly impossible. Trying to lower the dose to 1.5 milligrams made me feel like death warmed over .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Have you tried therapy or natural remedies first?  These medications are sometimes the only thing that helps, but one should try everything else first given, as the above points out, they are all difficult to take and difficult to stop taking.  As for klonopin, it's best used on a regular basis, as it takes a bit of time to take effect and stays in the body longer than other benzos.  Unfortunately, when you use a benzo on a regular basis, it is addictive.  Other benzos are more short acting and quicker acting and can be taken only as needed; if you don't use them every day or only need them on the rare occasion, you probably won't become dependent on them, but klonopin isn't the best one for that purpose.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
3166043 tn?1454907261
Clonazepam worked great for me when I used to take it. Only problem was it was habit forming and I was using it all the time.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
17 hrs ago
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank