Anxiety Community
Is it safe to take Clonazepam for anxiety and stress

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I've been prescribed clonazepam for anxiety and I worry about taking it I have tried other medicines as well do not work for me is this medicine helpful has it helped anyone out there. Please respond if it has are have not
I have taken Clonazepam before...when I started Paxil for my anxiety, my doctor gave me Clonazepam to take for the first month or so while I got used to the Paxil (because when starting Paxil, you can feel worse before you start to feel better).  So, for the purpose it was prescribed for me, it worked.  If you are having short-term anxiety, it may be a good choice for you...because it is very addictive, so every day use is not always recommended.  But if you have long-term anxiety, like GAD, you may want to look into an every day medication like an SSRI.  
Clonozapam  helps my anxiety from ptsd , but  getting off the 2 milligrams I take ,would be nearly impossible. Trying to lower the dose to 1.5 milligrams made me feel like death warmed over .
Have you tried therapy or natural remedies first?  These medications are sometimes the only thing that helps, but one should try everything else first given, as the above points out, they are all difficult to take and difficult to stop taking.  As for klonopin, it's best used on a regular basis, as it takes a bit of time to take effect and stays in the body longer than other benzos.  Unfortunately, when you use a benzo on a regular basis, it is addictive.  Other benzos are more short acting and quicker acting and can be taken only as needed; if you don't use them every day or only need them on the rare occasion, you probably won't become dependent on them, but klonopin isn't the best one for that purpose.
Clonazepam worked great for me when I used to take it. Only problem was it was habit forming and I was using it all the time.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 min ago
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
1 hr ago
Amandag78 commented on Amandag78's status